Transitioning from owner-op to business leader

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
It happens multiple times a day. Just get used to it and try to fill it up with same day services jobs.

We schedule the customer appointments on days the customer requests. In the Detroit metro area we go to every area, every day so we can easily book the appointment based on the customer's needs. We call the day prior to the appointment with an approximate time that we will be there. When the crew is about 15 minutes away we send a text message saying we are on the way. Given all that, we still have people cancel or reschedule at the door!!

Frustrating, yes, but it's part of the business we are in!! You can either get all worked up about it or just accept that it happens and move on.
On the job interview I tell them "and if yor sic.....I wanna see puke in a bag"
I make a point of mentioning this several times so they know I'm not kidding! Seemed to work...
Had one guy who brought in a Mason jar cuz he complained about the bag leaking..

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
It happens multiple times a day. Just get used to it and try to fill it up with same day services jobs.

We schedule the customer appointments on days the customer requests. In the Detroit metro area we go to every area, every day so we can easily book the appointment based on the customer's needs. We call the day prior to the appointment with an approximate time that we will be there. When the crew is about 15 minutes away we send a text message saying we are on the way. Given all that, we still have people cancel or reschedule at the door!!

Frustrating, yes, but it's part of the business we are in!! You can either get all worked up about it or just accept that it happens and move on.
So you don't book a window of time when they call for a particular day?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
So you don't book a window of time when they call for a particular day?
No, unless the customer requests it. About 50% of our customers have some sort of time request though. The day prior to the appointment, we put all the jobs, including ones with time and crew requests, into our routing software and let it create optimum routes.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The transition is still going great😁

56DE4C12-8599-4D53-89F7-99E998968FD9.jpeg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Next week is the official start. I had a good month in training my son to do the labor until I found a qualified technician and now is the time.

Is there anyone here who made that scary jump and succeeded and didn't go back to owner/op?

Any tips?
How's your shoulder?

Reactions: Living The Dream

SamIam

Name
sam miller
To all the managers out there:

I need to address this, but how? Give the little wimp with the sore throat a second chance or fire him?
More like my boys are on playing Cod I can't work now the new dlc just dropped

Ask AI FredC

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How's your shoulder?
I hit a 2nd shift 6hour job with my helper Friday night. I wanded for 4hours and my left shoulder was wore out the next day.

It felt really good to do most of the work. My right hand took the most abuse because I lost all my calluses from not working it for 3months

Reactions: SamIam and Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
New headache on first day with employee

I just got a text:

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I’ve been getting over a fever since Saturday morning and I think my fever is gone but my throat is still hurting a bit. I can come in but I wanted to see what you would like me to do, I’m really sorry for this on the first day

I said
“If you’re not running a fever, you can still work. I need you “

He said
Thank you for understanding but I think it would be best if I sit it out today, I’m really sorry again

I said Ok

FK😡
Update on the employee:
He's 5min early every day, doesn't complain EVER, and he comprehends and applies every time I instruct him to do something a specific way. I'm so glad I didn't drop him. He represents the company very well. My customer love him also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom