New to the business and looking for advice

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Does this mean that you, too, have a sexual thing for ignition switches?
What does that even mean? Hey. I got my new ignition harness for my ‘71 Ford. Just waiting for the mechanical key part now.

B82D8A94-96F6-47F1-8FB6-0EAD9F716F95.jpeg

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
175 as 175rpm floor machine, buy used they generally go forever and embarass you how bad they look before dying

Like any service industry its about having the knowledge and also right contracts

there is always someone starting and prepared to do it cheaper (no offense intended) and you will be a price taker not giver until youz got skilz 😉

vct often means working unsociable hrs and I find myself agreeing with Marty and Jimmy more often than I like to admit
Ok gotcha. I’ve seen them but didn’t look into them at all cause I thought I was solely going the hwe rout at first.
No offense taken, can’t expect premium pay with mediocre work. I’m in it to hone these skills and be making that serious money. Not be a bait n run guy.
I was looking into commercial hood cleaning prior to this and wasn’t too fond of the hours with that either. May be something down the long road and there’s plenty to master before then.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Anybody ever use one of these namco? Or hear anything about em? My wife’s saying she saw that people hate them but figured I’d ask anyway

1BDFFB51-ACA6-4E0A-B2DA-94D477890C46.png

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
shit....MB has been infiltrated

Dude we’ve made it into Canada!

Funniest thing I saw was the first Mexican snowbirds i cleaned for in an RV park. They had a nice RV and across the small street in their park lived one of their cousins. The funny thing was people had Canadian flags n USA flags and these two couples were flying their Raiders flags! :biggrin: I have a pic somewhere I’ll look for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Anthony E and FredC

FredC

Village Idiot
just carry on........don't be a slow learner

no reply necessary

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Wifey found something, does this sound worth it for 21k?

“Hydra-master 575 with 2900 hours, Used by Owner Operator, 2010 Model with Daihatsu Japanese engine, very long lasting.”

“Chevy Express - 2014 1500 75K Miles, in Excellent Shape, Runs Great. No Issues. Included with this setup will come with vacuum reel and hoses (300'-350'), solution reel and hose 150' (new), water hose, carpet wand, 2 speed floor machine (only works on 1 speed tho) Upholstery Tool, Handful of chemical.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Wifey found something, does this sound worth it for 21k?

“Hydra-master 575 with 2900 hours, Used by Owner Operator, 2010 Model with Daihatsu Japanese engine, very long lasting.”

“Chevy Express - 2014 1500 75K Miles, in Excellent Shape, Runs Great. No Issues. Included with this setup will come with vacuum reel and hoses (300'-350'), solution reel and hose 150' (new), water hose, carpet wand, 2 speed floor machine (only works on 1 speed tho) Upholstery Tool, Handful of chemical.
Sounds like a good deal but have a experienced person go with you to check it out.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Depending on how patient you are another couple weeks will start showing better deals.

Just started seeing an uptick in sand toys hoping for a deal on a sandrail

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Depending on how patient you are another couple weeks will start showing better deals.

Just started seeing an uptick in sand toys hoping for a deal on a sandrail
That’s what I’ve been hoping for. The only blessing to come out of C19 is desperation for cash and finding things for way less.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Or would it be better to go with the same machine and no van? Here’s a guy selling one for 8k with 300 hours. Just curious, is it easy to set back the hours on a TM? Seems a little too good to be true with this one..

8B30B37E-0BC0-45FB-817F-37353DF0BE78.png

Name
Jeff T
If you want to get into this business, buy a Cimex, a good quality, roller brush vacuum, with an edging hose, get some good quality low moisture chems, AND CHASE COMMERCIAL WORK....
Make 200-400$ an hour....
I own 2 machines, and I paid for both of them in 2 jobs...

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
If you want to get into this business, buy a Cimex, a good quality, roller brush vacuum, with an edging hose, get some good quality low moisture chems, AND CHASE COMMERCIAL WORK....
Make 200-400$ an hour....
I own 2 machines, and I paid for both of them in 2 jobs...
I’ve seen somebody saying exactly this before. But I avoided research into encap because so many guys bash them for being an encap only company. How versatile is the machine? I do know that it does CGD extremely well, but does it work on T&G as too? At this point I’m considering anything with a low barrier to entry that still performs solid work.

Name
Jeff T
I’ve seen somebody saying exactly this before. But I avoided research into encap because so many guys bash them for being an encap only company. How versatile is the machine? I do know that it does CGD extremely well, but does it work on T&G as too? At this point I’m considering anything with a low barrier to entry that still performs solid work.
I do mostly HWE work, BUT, if I was to start all over again, I would seriously consider doing only commercial VLM work... as with any ‘system’ it does have limitations.
it is a very easy way to get into the business, low operating costs/overhead, with a VERY good return.
I did a gigantic job over the last 4 days. Like over 100,000 sqft of hot water extraction. I’m burnt out. My running costs just for fuel alone were 500$...
Not to mention dragging 450’ of hose around multiple floors....
Dude, seriously consider commercial VLM....

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
I do mostly HWE work, BUT, if I was to start all over again, I would seriously consider doing only commercial VLM work... as with any ‘system’ it does have limitations.
it is a very easy way to get into the business, low operating costs/overhead, with a VERY good return.
I did a gigantic job over the last 4 days. Like over 100,000 sqft of hot water extraction. I’m burnt out. My running costs just for fuel alone were 500$...
Not to mention dragging 450’ of hose around multiple floors....
Dude, seriously consider commercial VLM....
I’ll start looking into low moisture tonight then. Damn, that sounds like a brutal job. I’d like to do both as well, but I’m in it for the money and if VLM is more promising and the work for it is steady then I may just stick with that. Just curious, what do you get on such a large job? I’d guess .10¢/sf? This was a very nice change of pace for this whole thread haha.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ll start looking into low moisture tonight then. Damn, that sounds like a brutal job. I’d like to do both as well, but I’m in it for the money and if VLM is more promising and the work for it is steady then I may just stick with that. Just curious, what do you get on such a large job? I’d guess .10¢/sf? This was a very nice change of pace for this whole thread haha.
Just keep in mind if you choose to use a cimex on a job that requires going up several stairs...you won't like the cimex anymore

As for the Hydramaster titan575...when it says it has a diahatsu engine, it's a 2012 or older. Same setup as the newer kubota engines, just has some age on it. And with the 1500van, keep in mind that you won't be able to install a 100gallon water supply tank if you wanted one in the future. But it sounds like a nice setup. I hope the price is good

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Good Day @Anthony E

Read the post (finally)

Sorry for late reply

A unit (TM or Portable) definitely needed base

TM will save overall time what I am seeing in your area (and your posts)

I would really suggest getting together with a cleaner and do a ride along to make sure you are going to enjoy this line of work. Many carpet cleaners are looking for deals after others spend their hard earned money and find out it's not for them....

But I see passion in your posts, so I believe you also have drive to succeed...and probably not afraid of work.

With that TM or Portable, get the best wand you can.

A CRB will help (or even use a grooming rake until can afford one)

A vacuum of course...

Something to apply your products (pump up, inline, Electric Multi Sprayer)

Spotting kit

My thoughts, add to your tools as you make money....that's what I did.

The Devastator wand is great....and maybe the one investment to Splurg on....

As far as graphics, I of course have full wraps, but did not start with them...I added and changed over time....good bold clean graphics will help. A partial wrap maybe later (that's what I did) then full wrap if wish later as business grows and newer vehicles.

I wish you the best and reach out if I can help....

I think your passion will take you in a good direction.

There have been some good comments and info shared here....in between all the locker room towel snapping.... :smile:

Best wishes on this new adventure and welcome to the Carpet Cleaning World!

Name
Jeff T
When I first started in this, I purchased my second company from a guy who was ready to retire.
One of the things he told me was, ‘THIS IS A BUSINESS OF RELATIONSHIPS, develop good relationships with people, and you will do fine’...
Anthony, that’s something that’s always stuck with me.
To answer your second question, the job was offered to me by a restoration company, and I originally put in a bid @ .25c sqft, they phoned my office, and we settled on .20c sqft.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom