New to the business and looking for advice

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

Told you wouldn’t take that long

Smh

If I were to start all over I would’ve done my best to start with a TM. Instead of the first jiggler I saw. Thankfully we don’t clean much carpet anymore anyway :biggrin:

Albeit I am on the lookout for a steal

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I’m trying to get solid advice in here not argue with people over something that’s not that important.

lemmie help then.
there's a YUGE gap between $40 dollars in vinyl letters and $4000 circus colors wrap.

If one was tight on start up money and starting from scratch in need of everything from biz license and insurance, to a TM and van, to blue blocks and invoice container ...
Maybe $800-$1000 vinyl lettering and logo would look "just as nice" as a gehyazz wrap that costs 3-4 times as much ...and was "trendy" 15-20 years ago...but not so much now

can you dig it??

..L.T.A.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
lemmie help then.
there's a YUGE gap between $40 dollars in vinyl letters and $4000 circus colors wrap.

If one was tight on start up money and starting from scratch in need of everything from biz license and insurance, to a TM and van, to blue blocks and invoice container ...
Maybe $800-$1000 vinyl lettering and logo would look "just as nice" as a gehyazz wrap that costs 3-4 times as much ...and was "trendy" 15-20 years ago...but not so much now

can you dig it??

..L.T.A.
We‘re past it. A wrap isn’t the smartest decision at the moment considering everything else we need for start up, no arguing that.

consider it DUG!!

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
First off .... never ... EVER apologize in this board. Any sign of weakness will result in nothing good ... EVER!

2nd ... no thread stays on track. Derailed threads are the norm.

3rd ... try not to take anything personally. Mikey had me going to prison 20 years ago. Now he loves me.
Got it, no apologizing. I was told it’s a dirty business (no pun intended) but didn’t know it’s that savage. And I know they get derailed, seen a whole lot of threads before I joined haha I’m just trying to avoid a whole hate speech on Mexicans. P.s. my skin is brown 🤫 Shhh..
But yea I’ll stop getting butt hurt over nonsense.
Thanks Hog!

Last edited:

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
So in all seriousness, what am I looking at with doing commercial jobs? Not with tools or anything but the type of work. Mostly T&G, VCT and CGD? Anything specific I need to know about those? Other than not using a 360 on CGD haha. Let’s say I’m pressure washing VCT would It just be cleaning it? Would it mess up or strip the wax?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If you're looking at commercial, I'd look cgd, t&g, vct in that order

vct is the backbone of my commercial but the first 2 take less of a learning curve

and look at a 175, they're cheap, it can be used on all 3

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Got it, no apologizing. I was told it’s a dirty business (no pun intended) but didn’t know it’s that savage. And I know they get derailed, seen a whole lot of threads before I joined haha I’m just trying to avoid a whole hate speech on Mexicans. P.s. my skin is brown 🤫 Shhh..
But yea I’ll stop getting butt hurt over nonsense.
Thanks Hog!

Aye stoopit beaners

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
still bringing in 2k a week for me amongst this madness, but yeah it aint a starting point
Damn, so there’s some serious money in VCT. I’ll take that advice and go with first 2. When I feel that I’m comfortable in the other 2 then I’ll see about adding that in. Is a 175 just a general type of spinner sold by many brands? Or is it something specific?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damn, so there’s some serious money in VCT. I’ll take that advice and go with first 2. When I feel that I’m comfortable in the other 2 then I’ll see about adding that in. Is a 175 just a general type of spinner sold by many brands? Or is it something specific?
My first VCT job took me 19 hours. Good luck

• Haha
Reactions: Fat Mike

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
175 as 175rpm floor machine, buy used they generally go forever and embarass you how bad they look before dying

Like any service industry its about having the knowledge and also right contracts

there is always someone starting and prepared to do it cheaper (no offense intended) and you will be a price taker not giver until youz got skilz 😉

vct often means working unsociable hrs and I find myself agreeing with Marty and Jimmy more often than I like to admit

Reactions: Cleanworks
Back
Top Bottom