Is 2" worth it?

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
I have officially become a Porty Hack.

I went out and bought a used Nilfisk Advance Aquapro H which seems to work quite well and the heat is better than any portable I've seen. One issue I have is that the vac leaves something to be desired... it isn't terrible and the carpets dry within a few hrs, but I digress. From a cursory look, I should be able to modify the waste tank lid and add a 2" hose barb without much, if any issue. The unit is rated at 150in of lift and 100 CFM, and I am currently running 25ft of 1.5" hose.

Would this upgrade be worth doing?

Thanks in Advance!

Edit: I'm also open to other thoughts on ways to improve the performance! (Excluding throwing it away and getting a Truckmount Lol)

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
I grabbed both
20200619_005353.jpg
20200619_005327.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have officially become a Porty Hack.

I went out and bought a used Nilfisk Advance Aquapro H which seems to work quite well and the heat is better than any portable I've seen. One issue I have is that the vac leaves something to be desired... it isn't terrible and the carpets dry within a few hrs, but I digress. From a cursory look, I should be able to modify the waste tank lid and add a 2" hose barb without much, if any issue. The unit is rated at 150in of lift and 100 CFM, and I am currently running 25ft of 1.5" hose.

Would this upgrade be worth doing?

Thanks in Advance!

Edit: I'm also open to other thoughts on ways to improve the performance! (Excluding throwing it away and getting a Truckmount Lol)
You can always buy more powerful vac motors and run another power cord. I have portables capable of running 50-150 feet of 2 inch vac hose.

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
Are vac motor sizes standard? With the ability to run that much hose, in theory, would I be able to leave the porty in my van? Or is the purpose to not have to move it around?

Edit: Mike, the pics are above your past post

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
How are you aggitating?
What rinse agent are you using?
How many dry strokes on average?
Are you spraying on the forward stroke?
Howing is your vac hose?
What psi are you cleaning with?
How are you applying your prespray?

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
I'm agitating with a soft bristle brush
I'm using Saigers Deep Blue Rinse in the middle of the dilution range
6-12 dry strokes (depending on the pile), but with my full strength pushing down on the wand
Only spraying on the backstroke
25' of 1.5" vac hose
150psi
pre-spraying with a hydroforce at 4:1 and using Saigers Code Red

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Are vac motor sizes standard? With the ability to run that much hose, in theory, would I be able to leave the porty in my van? Or is the purpose to not have to move it around?

Edit: Mike, the pics are above your past post
There are many types of vac motors. No, you don't want to leave the porty in the van. You can buy 5.7 inch 3 stage motors that are probably the same size as the ones you have except a little taller. I am assuming that you have 5.7 inch 2 stage. They will take more power. 10-14 amps each. There are even more powerful motors in 6.6 and 8.4 inch configurations. Do a little research. I have a Mytee speedster that I have slightly modified that easily runs 50 feet of vac hose and a custom machine that I designed that can run 150 feet of hose. There are some powerful portables out there but even the most powerful doesn't compare with a basic truck mount. In my opinion, portables are for where the truck mount can't reach, not a replacement for a truck mount

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
6-12 dry strokes (depending on the pile), but with my full strength pushing down on the wand
dont push down hard, you need airflow to remove the excess
pre-spraying with a hydroforce at 4:1 and using Saigers Code Red
hydroforce is for productuctivity imo, if wanting better dry times with a porty I wouldnt use a HF

*I often use a pump up on wool especially during colder months, to help.dry times

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
How many projects have you done so far and are they all averaging 3-hour drive times?

What do you mean by a soft bristle brush? can you post a picture of that?

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
How many projects have you done so far and are they all averaging 3-hour drive times?

What do you mean by a soft bristle brush? can you post a picture of that?
I've done 2 rooms and a hallway in my house (and one of the rooms a second time because it browned a little :() and a buddies apartment. both were definitely close to 3hrs, although the apartment was a little faster because I was doing a ton of dry strokes.

The brush looks like this:
20200619_021016.jpg
1592547167461.jpeg

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I’m surprised nobody is busting your chops over a portable. The Aquaclean has enough room inside the motor compartment for a three-stage. It needs the version with an inlet nipple for the vacuum hose. Straight swap. I had one.

Don’t enlarge the vacuum barb. Stay at around 25-30 feet. To really boost your performance, get a glide for your wand. Get the one with holes, not slots. There is sorcery involved, but it will suck every delicious drop out of the carpet.
1. Spray
2. Rough extract with the brush running.
3. Dry strokes and tight area with the wand.
4. Save up for a stronger machine.
I use a similar set up for nursing homes, because I can rumble the rig into elevators and down hallways.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
I’m surprised nobody is busting your chops over a portable.
To really boost your performance, get a glide for your wand. Get the one with holes, not slots. There is sorcery involved, but it will suck every delicious drop out of the carpet.

I definitely expected Marty to show up and tell me to just throw it away and get a tm... Hahaha

Will a glide really help? Do you have any recommendations for a place to get a glide? I heard that glides would increase my dry times (from TWBCCF's favorite youtube personality...)

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I definitely expected Marty to show up and tell me to just throw it away and get a tm... Hahaha

Will a glide really help? Do you have any recommendations for a place to get a glide? I heard that glides would increase my dry times (from TWBCCF's favorite youtube personality...)
I goofed, you don’t have an Aquaclean and there is no brush. On a budget, buy a 175 machine to scrub. If you are a trust fund baby, buy a 10” CRB.
YES a glide will help a lot. Mike sells them and I think Larry Cobb does and I don’t know who else. They are wand specific. First, you don’t have to press and the wand becomes much easIer to use. Then you notice it actually leaves the carpet dryer.

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
I goofed, you don’t have an Aquaclean and there is no brush. On a budget, buy a 175 machine to scrub. If you are a trust fund baby, buy a 10” CRB.
YES a glide will help a lot. Mike sells them and I think Larry Cobb does and I don’t know who else. They are wand specific. First, you don’t have to press and the wand becomes much easIer to use. Then you notice it actually leaves the carpet dryer.

Ok, Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not a trust fund baby, and 2k for a crb isn't going to work... Although I may be able to find a small 175. Does Mike of Larry have a store or name either of them sells glides under?

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
Oh really? Theres a 24in listed near me for $50, but it doesn't any wheels, and is a little bigger than I was looking to get.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh and Skippy, if and when you actually get some full day routes.. plan on making no more than three dry strokes if you ever want to get home
. so figure out your system too function that way, 16 is not a reality

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If it's a CMP AW29 we continue to sell those The three or four other knock-offs we don't sell them anymore but we may have them in stock if you can identify it tell us exactly what it is we can check
I just took pictures and measurements and sent it to Lisa. Turns the aw29 from a pos to something quite useable. Especially in tight areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom