Is 2" worth it?

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
Ok, so I replaced the vac motors with three-stage motors and I added a hole glide. I cleaned a small bedroom, a hallway, and two sets of stairs with it. The difference is night and day! Everything dried within half an hour, with 4 strokes at the most. I knew that there would be an improvement, but I had no idea it would be that much better! Thank you so much for all of your guy's suggestions!

One thing I've learned is that I definitely need to find a cheap stair tool. I started with my auto detailing tool, but the glided wand (although not ideal or the correct way to clean stairs) got them so much dryer.

Edit: If I was doing more than friends and family, it would definitely be nice to be able to run the machine as a "porchmount". The amount of humidity and heat that the machine creates in the house is quite a lot.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ok, so I replaced the vac motors with three-stage motors and I added a hole glide. I cleaned a small bedroom, a hallway, and two sets of stairs with it. The difference is night and day! Everything dried within half an hour, with 4 strokes at the most. I knew that there would be an improvement, but I had no idea it would be that much better! Thank you so much for all of your guy's suggestions!

One thing I've learned is that I definitely need to find a cheap stair tool. I started with my auto detailing tool, but the glided wand (although not ideal or the correct way to clean stairs) got them so much dryer.

Edit: If I was doing more than friends and family, it would definitely be nice to be able to run the machine as a "porchmount". The amount of humidity and heat that the machine creates in the house is quite a lot.
Shouldn't be a problem to leave it on the porch and run 50-60 feet of hose into the house.

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
Shouldn't be a problem to leave it on the porch and run 50-60 feet of hose into the house.
That would be nice, if I could do it with 1 1/2 hose. Otherwise, I would need to modify my machine for 2", and that is $150-200 that I can't afford to spend right now.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That would be nice, if I could do it with 1 1/2 hose. Otherwise, I would need to modify my machine for 2", and that is $150-200 that I can't afford to spend right now.
If you are going up, 50 feet is the limit for 1.5 inch hose. Reaching down to a basement, not so much.

soundguy7440

Name
SoundGuy
If you are going up, 50 feet is the limit for 1.5 inch hose. Reaching down to a basement, not so much.
That makes sense. I think I'll stick to my 25' hoses for now. $100 for 50' of 2", $100 for 50" of solution hose, and at least $50 for fittings isn't something I can afford at the moment. If I start doing more work I'll look at it though.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
You can ask the homeowner to turn on the bathroom fan to evacuate that humid air. It will help. Glad to hear you machine is performing better; even when you upgrade, hang onto it. A good machine is always nice to have in reserve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom