Just for Mardie and you other VLM only goobers.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey um Doc........

I use a portable, and it would easily be the crappiest thing anybody here uses, but you know.... I prefer it to encap which I also use. As you say I get more soil by mass out of the carpet than I do with encapsulation.

So you know speaking only for myself, I think BOTH systems are useful and am happy to have both on board, but in situations where I want to really flush things out, I'd much rather the crappy portable than the encapsulation machine. It is a bit different with Mardie's machine as it is kind of a hybrid. It's a foam extractor, so you know, on the continuum of performance, his machine sits between the better encap machines and the more basic rental type hot water extractors.

Not trying to bust your chops here mate.

Grant
Grant disreguard my comments, its personnel BS aimed at Mardie. LOL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But in the bonnet description it says it can not clean deep down. To me that's funny as hell. I mean you have a loop pile cpt with pile height typically about 1/8 inch, and it is glued down to concrete. So wheres the deep part...1/8 inch of 20oz carpet is not deep, is it?
I don't see the humor. I don't like the wording at all. If a facilities manager looks at that, our work becomes suspect as to the quality of work we are delivering. :angry: :cry:

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
No Comprende Doc

Let me rephrase

Does anyone have a positive about Host/millicare or Strong dry

How can 1/8 inch of carpet be considered deep?

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
No Comprende Doc

Let me rephrase

Hey there.

Not sure if this is the kind of feedback you were after but I do some absorbent compound cleaning when needed too and it has worked well. Areas that need absolutely minimal down time can be given a freshen up and put back in service very quickly indeed.

I do some work at the local university, this is an absorbent compound job I did last year in a few corridors.

IMG_2315_zps06b67df0.jpg

IMG_2312_zpsab1745e7.jpg

http://youtu.be/zlaUoUq8Vb0

Did well from a beautification perspective. There were coffee marks in the corridors and the absorbent compound was oxygenated and seemed to deal with them well.

Grant

FredC

Village Idiot
I put the Shaw cap up more in response to the ChemDry statements.

Encap is considered ok as an interim appearance maintenance method. They suggest using a CRB. Its more about the equipment and the potential damage.

HWE is suggested for actual cleaning where the cotton pad (or others) do not have the soil removal capabilities.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I prefer Host over Capture, not fond of either but have used them both. Over long term use I've seen dusting problems as that crap dries out and joins the other side. :winky:

I read the shaw description and it says there is no real extraction in bonnet. Was that statement made before the encap chems really took off? Just wondering.
This is the part that weight plays into the weight issue. No significant weight change to them means its appearance management and not corrective cleaning.

I still believe it is a viable system but most of the "cleaning" is being done in the prevacuuming. The rest is appearance management with little soil (by weight) being removed. We use the system and by appearance the results are amazing so I know we are providing a valuable service but I'm no scientist and if they've spent the effort testing, I have to keep that in the back of my mind also.

As in all carpet cleaning, a good "Wernerizing" is always you best first step! :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No Comprende Doc

Let me rephrase

We encapped a library last week with the Brush Pro. It did a good job but I wouldn't say great. They do not want HWE because of their concern for moisture but HWE would make it really look better.

We've also used both the Cimex (Encap) and the Orbot (OP) and felt both were too aggressive for the style of carpet. The Brush Pro did a decent job and fit what the client wanted.
BUT as a stand alone system...... :neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Keeping up

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Thanks Geeeaus Doc and Fred.

G, that looks good, it it actually capture brand or another brand?

You really wanna know......?

It was a cheap, home user product I bought from the supermarket. In Australia it is called Vanish in the States I think you guys call it Resolve. It is sea sponge absorbent powder which has been oxygenated.

This tells me any brand you like will work OK.

Grant

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I can see that Richard agrees with me on the most SOIL removed in VLM is on the intial ...............PREVACUUM step.

The next step of either OP,CRB, ROTARY and cimex is strictly the APPEARANCE management step.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey um Mardie mate...... Look I don't do this beating up on respondents thing, not my gig.

But your comment here kind of concerns me a bit. Looking at his video, there is just no way that he was insufficiently resourced to clean that carpet. You know I'm not in ANY WAY taking away from what he did because he's a titan and I'm an ant, but even as an ant I could have cleaned that job too, and I have a 175 and a Bissell Big Green. Now what would have happened if I had been given the job is that it would have taken longer and I would have had to have done a lot more manual work than he did. And the drying time will favour him too.

Now to be honest, I also happen to think you could have done that job. But the limiting factor for you will be volume of soil recovery. You will clean faster than me, I will clean deeper than you.

And Mikey has both of our strong suits in spades because of his gear.

Guys.....

Mardie was one of the first guys here to give me a warm welcome and a pat on the back. He's good for this board, as is Mikey (obviously) and Doc H. and Goomer and GCCLEE and Ron W. and so many others.

Let's just maybe think about ALL of us getting of each other's cases a. Little bit and getting back to really good discussion. I want o learn a few tricks today if I can.

Make fun of my machine if you like.......

This one.......

IMG_1907_zps905e99d7.jpg

There you go, now the differences between you don't seem so significant anymore do they?

Peace.

Grant
Great post, thanks Grant.

You're right Marie is good for the board.

The biggest problem I have with him is the John G shilling. If John wants to advertise here he needs to pay the piper and not whisper in Mardie's ear to do it for him.

And it would probably help with his popularity if he want such a goober.

But hey, if we can cut MarTy some slack...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Shane I was thinking of you today.......and then I FLUSHED you down in that swirling vortex of my toilet.

John G

Brag about HWE any HWE and you are ok, brag about op or the trinity in specific, and mikey worries about a dollar bill in his pocket...

But hey he said, "I don't need to make things up dude, in my position I know all there is to know about this industry."

So I guess he is a sexual intellectual... LOL

FredC

Village Idiot
As long as you get a buck, you don't even care.... get real Mikey..

Speaking of bucks. I'll send a hundred of them to your favorite charity if you show that ANY part of the contact surface on your machine is actually moving 125mph. Show mathematical proof.

Name
Jesse
For one thing I never said it did 125 mph.. and Fred knows it...

Oh yeah, you said 120mph. Big difference! So is your memory weak or you just have a problem being truthful? An honest person would set this 5mph difference straight rather than play games and say "I never said 125". They would then assist in helping us morons figure out how it is supposedly achieving this speed.
John G
user-offline.png

Memberunknown.gif
<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; font-size: 11px; -webkit-box-shadow: none !important; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(214, 46, 31); font-weight: 700; float: left; min-width: 60px; -webkit-box-shadow: none !important; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Oct 2006</dd>
<dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(214, 46, 31); font-weight: 700; float: left; min-width: 60px; -webkit-box-shadow: none !important; width: auto !important;">Site</dt><dd style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">http://trinityrenewalsystems.com</dd>
<dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(214, 46, 31); font-weight: 700; float: left; min-width: 60px; -webkit-box-shadow: none !important; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">789</dd>
<dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; -webkit-box-shadow: none !important; width: auto !important;">Credits</dt><dd style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">617</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; -webkit-box-shadow: none !important; width: auto !important;">Thanks</dt><dd style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">1</dd><dd style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px; white-space: nowrap; display: inline; float: left;">Thanked 18 Times in 9 Posts</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; -webkit-box-shadow: none !important; width: auto !important;">Feedback Score</dt><dd style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">0</dd></dl>

And the trinity is not 3 times faster Mardie. It may have 3 speeds, but not 3 times faster.

Actually Yes it is three times faster, the Orbot has a pad velocity of 40 mph on the outside edge of the pad, the Trinity is 120 mph velocity.
Maybe Mardie is way ahead of you on this subject McFadden.

John "PadMan" Geurkink
Trinity Renewal Systems
The Grandfather of OP
OP Carpet Cleaning Machine
OP Carpet Cleaning Products
OP Carpet Cleaners

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
John....100...120...125 whatever.

Prove anything over 100MPH.

Latest posts