Just for Mardie and you other VLM only goobers.

bildung

Name
Noel Jones
Or you overpaid by a factor of 10 for 50 year old technology and you're trying to rationalize that to yourself.

You've all got your stories about how you drag your magic wands thru the VLM job and how it looks so much better. I've got my stories about how TM guys don't get the stains out and keep them out and I do.

And how one apartment manager said the VLM work was the best she'd ever seen in 25 years--that's time to go thru a lot of TM vendors. They cant all be using weak TMs, though I would venture the majority of TMs do not perform to spec day in and day out.

Reactions: Mardie

Mikey P

Administrator
not weak trucks, poorly trained and compensated chimps or moron owner operators.

If VLM was easy to make cheerleaders with Chem Dry would still be doing it.

Reactions: Russ T.

bildung

Name
Noel Jones
A great many Chem Dry franchisees still are bonnet cleaning in the face of corporate pressure to go with their new generation rotary extractors or even the conventional powerheads.

Why? Because they're cumbersome, very difficult for one man trucks to run day in day out, and they gulp huge amounts ($$$) of chemical.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
A great many Chem Dry franchisees still are bonnet cleaning in the face of corporate pressure to go with their new generation rotary extractors or even the conventional powerheads.

Why? Because they're cumbersome, very difficult for one man trucks to run day in day out, and they gulp huge amounts ($$$) of chemical.

They're not any bigger or heavier than the equipment many of us use on a daily bases...

Mikey P

Administrator

No.

How is a RX20 any more cumbersome to run than a OP, 175 or CRB, aside from the hoses THAT REMOVE SOIL?

We have a franchise in town that wont switch over.

From all outward appearances, he can't afford too.

Beat to hell vans, junk all over his yard, goofy high school kid "techs"..

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
not weak trucks, poorly trained and compensated chimps or moron owner operators.

If VLM was easy to make cheerleaders with Chem Dry would still be doing it.

That is one of the main problems with HWE is that the vast majority of TM operations are "poorly trained and compensated chimps and moron owner operators". It would be very hard for anybody to find a qualified a HWE operator. It is what it is.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Shorty, we cleaned about 900 feet there, about half was that greasy. Two hours for $465.

Jim...we didn't have the HOSS with us...

So knowing that your available equipment was inadequate you just decided to go ahead and cheat the client on the work they paid you to perform ?? mmm sounds like a moron owner operator to me. LOL

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
It's carpet cleaning over all Mardie, not just HWE.

That just so happens to be what 90% of normal people think of as the most effective way to clean a carpet.

Only cheap or broke goobers use JUST a VLM method on resi carpet

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
It's carpet cleaning over all Mardie, not just HWE.

That just so happens to be what 90% of normal people think of as the most effective way to clean a carpet.

Only cheap or broke goobers use JUST a VLM method on resi carpet

Don't know where you get that 90% figure from. I say you just made that up. I have many clients both home owner and managers of large facilities that have clearly stated to me that they will never hire a steam cleaner again. My clients also share their horror stories about steam cleaners on a regular basis. I am a VLM carpet cleaner.

Mikey P

Administrator
must be a Kenadian thing cause I NEVER hear method concerns when quoting residential or commercial.

I don't need to make things up dude, in my position I know all there is to know about this industry.

Who do you think you are talking to, YOU?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
must be a Kenadian thing cause I NEVER hear method concerns when quoting residential or commercial.

I don't need to make things up dude, in my position I know all there is to know about this industry.

Who do you think you are talking to, YOU?

I never hear method concerns when quoting a job either other than the odd time they say they don't like steam cleaning. It is after the work is completed that I get told all that stuff. I could share so many stories with you that I would have to take up a full time job on this key board. Did you ever stop to wonder why your clients are not confiding in you.

Last edited:

John G

As far as testing, its been done and the reason the mills won't back those systems is weight. Yep they weighed the samples before and after and there wasn't enough weight change to validate soil removal.

A bit naive there Richard....

Again, opinions, NO science, no testing, just bragging or should I say defending their large purchases.

FredC

Village Idiot
As far as testing, its been done and the reason the mills won't back those systems is weight. Yep they weighed the samples before and after and there wasn't enough weight change to validate soil removal.

A bit naive there Richard....

Again, opinions, NO science, no testing, just bragging or should I say defending their large purchases.

Sounds familiar. How about showing that ANY part of the contact surface on your machine is actually moving 125mph. Show mathematical proof.

I won't send you shit...but if either you or Mardie can show that I will instantly paypal $100 to the charity of your choice.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wrong actual science, PTL an actual LAB did the testing. Not a bunch of carpet cleaners with ATP meters.

Sorry, I wasn't thrilled to hear it either but they spent the money and the results are why they don't believe in the system. Its great for appearance management but you'll never win with them when it comes to soil removal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mardie, I won't use the "shower vs sponge" bath analogy , cause it's really not a very good one..
and I think most ( all?) would agree, immersion cleaning (like many rugs are done) is best.
which is what you do when you wash pads in the washing machine

but lemmie ask, which do you think would clean a pad better;
A. rubbing them with another pad
B. running a wand or upl tool over them?

..L.T.A.

Reactions: bob vawter

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Wrong actual science, actual LAB testing. Not a bunch of carpet cleaners with ATP meters.

Sorry, I wasn't thrilled to hear it either but they spent the money and the results are why they don't believe in the system. Its great for appearance management but you'll never win with them when it comes to soil removal.

Richard I have a report showing results from an independent study on the cleaning ability of the different methods of carpet cleaning. The results were conclusive that VS removed the most soils by weight. HWE was not even close. I can only assume that HWE inability to remove particulate had a lot to do with their poor performance. ATP testing is a very valid test but will not show up as weight.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie, I won't use the "shower vs sponge" bath analogy , cause it's really not a very good one..
and I think most ( all?) would agree, immersion cleaning (like many rugs are done) is best.
which is what you do when you wash pads in the washing machine

but lemmie ask, which do you think would clean a pad better;
A. rubbing them with another pad
B. running a wand or upl tool over them?

..L.T.A.

Rubbing them with another pad under water. LOL Gee Larry you know this is Mikeys BS thread of the week. Lets not ruin it for him by making it real.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Richard I have a report showing results from an independent study on the cleaning ability of the different methods of carpet cleaning. The results were conclusive that VS removed the most soils by weight. HWE was not even close. I can only assume that HWE inability to remove particulate had a lot to do with their poor performance.

Mardie, did anyone vac the carpet first?
or was this "independent" study slanted to favor the virtues of a machine with revolving cylinder brush?

and what was the HWE machine used?
single 2 stage vac porty, or something else?

surely they listed parameters, right?
or did they leave those parts out when they handed you this "independent" study in Racine Wi?

..L.T.A.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie, did anyone vac the carpet first?
or was this "independent" study slanted to favor the virtues of a machine with revolving cylinder brush?

and what was the HWE machine used?
single 2 stage vac porty, or something else?

surely they listed parameters, right?
or did they leave those parts out when they handed you this "independent" study in Racine Wi?

..L.T.A.

I have not looked at that in years but it is in my files. Did not even read the whole thing when I got it. I knew better. Cannot remember the details. Your questions proves my point. Any test can be legitimate based on the terms of the test BUT BUT their are many different ways to set the terms of the test. I know VS kicked ass in them test results because of particulate removal. Did this test cover all variables. NO. I would think that it would take several different test to be 100% conclusive. I guess that is the same reason that dual processing a carpet is always better than a single process.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
So what are you doing on February 20th to 22nd Mardie?

I tell ya I sure would like to come to MF but lets just say that due to financial restraints that I will not be able to make it.LOL I have thought many of times that it sure would be funny to walk up behind you and throw you into a headlock and give you a big noogy. That is if I could reach up that far. LOL Would not do it but the idea just keeps popping into my head. Maybe next year.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I like OP and Encap and when used in the right setting your results can be as good or better than HWE. But not every situation is the best use for those systems. We use them when they make the most sense appearance wise and production wise.

DUNG, Really pushed the stain to the pad??? You either had a weakassed TM or a portable. I'd rather OP any day than use a portable.
You sound as if the TM at your old job must have underpowered? Or You can't afford one and knocking tm's is your way of rationalizing it to yourself.

Hey um Doc........

I use a portable, and it would easily be the crappiest thing anybody here uses, but you know.... I prefer it to encap which I also use. As you say I get more soil by mass out of the carpet than I do with encapsulation.

So you know speaking only for myself, I think BOTH systems are useful and am happy to have both on board, but in situations where I want to really flush things out, I'd much rather the crappy portable than the encapsulation machine. It is a bit different with Mardie's machine as it is kind of a hybrid. It's a foam extractor, so you know, on the continuum of performance, his machine sits between the better encap machines and the more basic rental type hot water extractors.

Not trying to bust your chops here mate.

Grant

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
So knowing that your available equipment was inadequate you just decided to go ahead and cheat the client on the work they paid you to perform ?? mmm sounds like a moron owner operator to me. LOL

Hey um Mardie mate...... Look I don't do this beating up on respondents thing, not my gig.

But your comment here kind of concerns me a bit. Looking at his video, there is just no way that he was insufficiently resourced to clean that carpet. You know I'm not in ANY WAY taking away from what he did because he's a titan and I'm an ant, but even as an ant I could have cleaned that job too, and I have a 175 and a Bissell Big Green. Now what would have happened if I had been given the job is that it would have taken longer and I would have had to have done a lot more manual work than he did. And the drying time will favour him too.

Now to be honest, I also happen to think you could have done that job. But the limiting factor for you will be volume of soil recovery. You will clean faster than me, I will clean deeper than you.

And Mikey has both of our strong suits in spades because of his gear.

Guys.....

Mardie was one of the first guys here to give me a warm welcome and a pat on the back. He's good for this board, as is Mikey (obviously) and Doc H. and Goomer and GCCLEE and Ron W. and so many others.

Let's just maybe think about ALL of us getting of each other's cases a. Little bit and getting back to really good discussion. I want o learn a few tricks today if I can.

Make fun of my machine if you like.......

This one.......

IMG_1907_zps905e99d7.jpg

There you go, now the differences between you don't seem so significant anymore do they?

Peace.

Grant

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
Good Morning

Another day another dollar

At the risk of getting beat up by yall again, What about the Millicare host or strong dry systems? I know that Millicare is a large carpet cleaning franchise and they prespray, drop the powder (or sponged in the case of host / SD) and vacuum it up, which does get dirt up and extract.

I read the shaw description and it says there is no real extraction in bonnet. Was that statement made before the encap chems really took off? Just wondering.

From Shaw contract:

Low moisture encapsulation systems efficiently improve carpet appearance with limited down time for cleaning and drying. The cleaning agent R2Xtra, or another encapsulating cleaner certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval Program, is applied and mechanically agitated into the carpet pile, allowed to dry, then vacuumed to remove the encapsulated soil. In conjunction with scheduled hot water extraction, the low moisture method helps maintain premium carpet appearance.

So it seems Shaw agrees with the science of encap anyway.

But in the bonnet description it says it can not clean deep down. To me thats funny as hell. I mean you have a loop pile cpt with pile height typically about 1/8 inch, and it is glued down to concrete. So wheres the deep part...1/8 inch of 20oz carpet is not deep, is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom