Titan 875 intermittent runs rough

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Sounds like it needs a tune up. ( new coil packs and plugs/wires and clean mass airflow sensor. I’ve replaced cats that have been cherry red in 3/4 ton 6.0 vortec pickups due to misfire. All the Unburned fuel toasts the cats and the rapid cool down will also Crack the insides along with the extreme heat. Also determine that your thermostat is not stuck open. engine would be using more fuel to make up temperature.
Where can I get the coil pack? Psi is crazy

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Sounds like it needs a tune up. ( new coil packs and plugs/wires and clean mass airflow sensor. I’ve replaced cats that have been cherry red in 3/4 ton 6.0 vortec pickups due to misfire. All the Unburned fuel toasts the cats and the rapid cool down will also Crack the insides along with the extreme heat. Also determine that your thermostat is not stuck open. engine would be using more fuel to make up temperature.
Amazon $36 looks just like it

FF28C0EA-0817-48B6-AFC0-AB42B6C587CB.png

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Have you checked your fuel lines and clamps? A clamp could be loose or a small crack that would allow air into the line. Initially your line would be full of fuel but after running it for a while it can't keep up with demand and begins sucking air.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Have you checked your fuel lines and clamps? A clamp could be loose or a small crack that would allow air into the line. Initially your line would be full of fuel but after running it for a while it can't keep up with demand and begins sucking air.
The lines look ok. I just installed a fuel pressure gauge and it’s 32psi at the fuel manifold. The manual says should be 41-47 psi. I ran the machine with the fuel gauge the engine ran fine for fuel pressure held steady at 32 psi. The machine started to bog as usual after 15 min the fuel pressure held steady at 32 psi. Video attached of the bogging

Attachments

• IMG_7259.MOV
    69.9 MB

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Update I found that some forklifts use same engine. Psi suggested that they may be able to help since no hydramaster dealer in my area could work on it. They replaced the fuel pump, o2 sensor and fuel filter but still same issue. I need help any suggestions would be appreciated. The bogging starts as soon as the thermostat opens .

FredC

Village Idiot
The bogging starts as soon as the thermostat opens .

Maybe check the coolant temperature sensor. (front of engine in head...it is in the loop even with the thermostat closed afaik but I guess worth checking.)

What do the plugs look like? Lean?

Does it have a MIL? Did the forklift shop scan for codes?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Update I found that some forklifts use same engine. Psi suggested that they may be able to help since no hydramaster dealer in my area could work on it. They replaced the fuel pump, o2 sensor and fuel filter but still same issue. I need help any suggestions would be appreciated. The bogging starts as soon as the thermostat opens .
Is that a zenith engine? If so, I’m certain they can help

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Update after a repair shop replaced a fuel pump, o2 sensor and fuel filter the machine still had issues.
I installed a coil pack and set of wires and it’s looks like that did it. I will know better after a few jobs.
Parts at Orilies
Wires 9666
Coil 23-0228
O2 sensor 15148
I did install a fuel pressure gauge and coolant gauge as well.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Maybe check the coolant temperature sensor. (front of engine in head...it is in the loop even with the thermostat closed afaik but I guess worth checking.)

What do the plugs look like? Lean?

Does it have a MIL? Did the forklift shop scan for codes?
I was able to pull codes by using the mail light
It had high temp reach limit 1st and 2nd stage
02 sensor 2 lazy
Adaptive lean gas bank 1 high

1 clue was the strong smell of fuel when it started bogging. This was probably because fuel was not being burned due to bad coil pack or wires . I replaced both and that looks like it resolved the problem

Name
Lee Stockwell
Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

I change wires and plugs every other year even if they look good. Keep a spare coil at the shop and a spare fuel pump on the truck.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Update the coil pack and wires helped but either an additional or new problem. While before the engine seems to have been missing or bogging ( not the case now) it now runs a minute or two and then starts to stumble like out of fuel. It does this for a bit them works itself out . Does this every time you start it . It actually ended I up giving an 1156 fuel rail error code. I disconnected both o2 sensors and it runs fine. I am still working on this it may be some leaking fuel injectors. I have orders some to see if it clears up. I will say that gene from cleaners connection in Littlerock has really been a ton of help the guy has bent over backwards to help me out. I can’t say enough about these guys . I know how quick folks are to put a bad review or complain but I can’t say enough of how much this guy gene knows about truckmounts. Hydramaster actually sent me to him when they could not figure it out.

gdulac

Name
Gene Dulac
Update the coil pack and wires helped but either an additional or new problem. While before the engine seems to have been missing or bogging ( not the case now) it now runs a minute or two and then starts to stumble like out of fuel. It does this for a bit them works itself out . Does this every time you start it . It actually ended I up giving an 1156 fuel rail error code. I disconnected both o2 sensors and it runs fine. I am still working on this it may be some leaking fuel injectors. I have orders some to see if it clears up. I will say that gene from cleaners connection in Littlerock has really been a ton of help the guy has bent over backwards to help me out. I can’t say enough about these guys . I know how quick folks are to put a bad review or complain but I can’t say enough of how much this guy gene knows about truckmounts. Hydramaster actually sent me to him when they could not figure it out.
Thanks for kind words AJ it’s been a pleasure hopefully it’s finally fixed.

Reactions: AJR

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I will cal Robert at Dixie Monday and see if they might have any idea. The 1.6 l Vortec on these units is no longer in production and the ones available are high. Psi produces them and you need a computer diagnostics to read the computer. Hopefully they have the right equipment to diagnose and not just throw parts at it.
Did you ever find out where to get parts for that engine. I think my new to me thermal wave 2 has that same engine and I might need parts in the future.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Did you ever find out where to get parts for that engine. I think my new to me thermal wave 2 has that same engine and I might need parts in the future.
I am still having trouble but have a work around. Btw I also have a Thermalwave 11 . Psi engine for parts but pm me if you need some parts numbers do Orilies cross over . But if you run into any problems the guys at cleaners connection (gene) have been a life saver. My problem looks to be an o2 sensor and ecm. Tons of trouble shooting and actually was able to get the computer diagnostics cable to connect to my laptop and see all operating stuff .

Reactions: BIG WOOD

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Need a replacement ecm. Here is the pictures f the one I have .
8AB725B3-04BE-4B11-84A2-9D7587AEFB1C.jpeg
983E2C33-3CE2-40E9-8401-F65D0E858415.jpeg

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Attached is the part numbers for Orilies . Coil pack, o2 sensor 1 , wires ignition, plugs , secondary o2 sensor. If you get a problem missing or stumble try wires and plugs first .

21076AD2-A3EF-4658-8D88-5CDE8BF65795.png 839354ED-8D96-4F96-8081-2D3DCC710301.png C1CA7678-CB0F-41FF-B1DB-D8023CD67E07.png A8E69BD9-D2CE-4FE1-AC05-732A9D1826E3.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The lines look ok. I just installed a fuel pressure gauge and it’s 32psi at the fuel manifold. The manual says should be 41-47 psi. I ran the machine with the fuel gauge the engine ran fine for fuel pressure held steady at 32 psi. The machine started to bog as usual after 15 min the fuel pressure held steady at 32 psi. Video attached of the bogging
I have the same readings with the fuel pressure at 32psi and the spark plugs are showing very lean burning and the exhaust manifold pipes are glowing red. did you ever find a way to bring it up to the 41-47psi? I've replaced everything except the fuel manifold which will be here in a couple days

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom