Thinking of buying a Hagopian Truck?

Ben L

Name
Ben Lund
I have to give Ben props.

He handles you assholes with class.
Hey guys. I am going to take a break here from Mikes Boards. Please you do the same and spend some time with your families. The support we get at home is precious. Also while doing your 4th of July activities remember the price that was paid so we can be in business for ourselves.

Brian, an idea for you please. I would have gladly paid you $24,000 for a truck with a 30 day warranty. Just think about please.
A) fits right in with your reputation
B) you already have a shop and they will now be held accountable to make sure all is well before it leaves your location .
C) No one else in the US is going it
D) If something goes wrong you are covered
E) If not 100% margin
F) For guys like me who want things to work from the start, we are happy
G)YOU COULD MAKE THOUSANDS! !!!!

What do you all think?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Even a 30 day warranty is a recipe for disaster. There are too many variables. Guys can let their trucks freeze, operate it in an unsafe manner, use sulphuric acid as a rinse, who knows. I sold a truck to a guy with a propane heater. He calls me up to complain that the heater keeps going off. I sent him to a local gas fitter who calls me up laughing. It goes off because it's up to temperature. It goes on and off because it's a demand heater. The guy was a frigging idiot who also let the truck and his portable that winter. 2 things we have learned. 1. Never buy a truck unseen and untested. 2. Never sell a truck to someone who hasn't seen and tested it.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
....... I sold a truck to a guy with a propane heater. He calls me up to complain that the heater keeps going off. I sent him to a local gas fitter who calls me up laughing. It goes off because it's up to temperature. It goes on and off because it's a demand heater. The guy was a frigging idiot who also let the truck and his portable that winter. 2 things we have learned. 1. Never buy a truck unseen and untested. 2. Never sell a truck to someone who hasn't seen and tested it.
Lets not jump to conclusions.....but it sure sound like the guy is Canadian!

FredC

Village Idiot
Offering up a warranty opens whole new can of worms some states a bigger one than others....better to sell used equipment "as is with all faults"

Reactions: Cleanworks

Ben L

Name
Ben Lund
Even a 30 day warranty is a recipe for disaster. There are too many variables. Guys can let their trucks freeze, operate it in an unsafe manner, use sulphuric acid as a rinse, who knows. I sold a truck to a guy with a propane heater. He calls me up to complain that the heater keeps going off. I sent him to a local gas fitter who calls me up laughing. It goes off because it's up to temperature. It goes on and off because it's a demand heater. The guy was a frigging idiot who also let the truck and his portable that winter. 2 things we have learned. 1. Never buy a truck unseen and untested. 2. Never sell a truck to someone who hasn't seen and tested it.
Several car dealers here are making it work, I have talked to several of there customers and seem very pleased. Some logistics to work out. but doable

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Several car dealers here are making it work, I have talked to several of there customers and seem very pleased. Some logistics to work out. but doable
A car and a truck mount are 2 completely different things. Car dealers have a larger volume and can absorb some losses. There are used car dealers that offer 30 day exchange but if someone takes them up on that, the first car gets sold again anyway. Other used car warranties are third party warranties and can be very difficult to obtain service on. The only good warranties on used cars are on certified used cars which are usually less than 5 years old. Even then, you have to jump through hoops. I have a cousin who is a used car dealer in Winnipeg. He just laughs when I ask about certain warranties.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I must be missing something. You bought a no warranty/ as is van and had issues with it. After a couple minor problems that you needed the Seller to help you with...for some reason since you clearly bought a as is/no warranty van...and they helped you.
Then you found a major problem with the heat exchanger. Once you -proved- that the heat exchanger was defective...even though you bought as is and with no warranty...the Seller ordered you a $2000. heat exchanger. OK, this is the part I don't understand-
After they did that you came to this board to complain about the company that helped you? Even though they were under no obligation to do so?
You should be thanking them. You should be telling us about what stand up guys they were to do what they did for you.
I want to say Hogjowl's word here but .... maybe I'm missing something ... but I doubt it.

Ben L

Name
Ben Lund
I see your point, but just only a suggestion. No it did go down that way. It is funny when "it is not your mule that is getting beat " you have a different perspective. (a good old Montana Term). Let' s not cover old ground here please. Enough has been said already.

Name
Jeff T
Ok. I’m going to say it.
YOU bought a USED TRUCK.
Nothing in life is perfect.
Put the fookin purse down, pull up you’re panties, fix the fu@kin thing, quit bitching about it, and GO TO WORK.
If you want NEW, THEN BUY NEW...

F

FB7777

Actually, a few posts up Ben conceded that “ he would Gladly have paid $24 k for the truck with a 30 day warranty “

Ultimately he got the truck for $21 k and Hagopian made good and then some for BRAND new components

And then came here to bitch about it

Idiot

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

FredC

Village Idiot
You guys are assholes. The truck was no doubt advertised as ready to work. There is a certain expectation of fitness there warranty or not. Brian has stated the heat exchanger was in fact faulty. Yes they paid but it sounds like that happened after lawyers go involved.

KSL

Name
Kent
Ok, here’s my two cents that nobody asked for. Years ago I bought a used Butler from someone in the same state. We met I looked over the van and came to a price we both were happy with. I had all the service records from Butler etc. after we got it back to the office we started tearing it apart to set it up our way. While doing this we realized that it did not have the max heat that it was advertised as having. While bummed I had not pulled the cover to verify that it did indeed have the max heat so I didn’t say anything. Several weeks later the other party called to make sure I was happy with the purchase. I mentioned the lack of max heat and he honestly was stunned, he thought he had it. I took him at his word and since we had negotiated in good faith for a win win situation I told them I was all set we didn’t need to make any adjustment. I was fully expecting to make lots of repairs and updates. Now you make think I’m a fool but it was still a fantastic deal. Two plus years later I bought another truck from him.

Ben, you seem like a good guy. It appears that as others have mentioned the only advice most should take is to not purchase sight unseen. Hell I had issues and I looked at the van.

It seems at this point you have a fully functional unit. Maybe the road to getting there took a wrong turn but you have gotten far more than most would buying an as is vehicle.

Although you may not agree with some of the feedback you received. I would listen long and hard to these guys. These guys have forgotten more about this industry than I know and I’ve been in the business for 42 years. These are a bunch of business people who have been in the trenches and have a vast amount of knowledge they share daily. Yes, you do need a thick skin but after a hard day of work nothing beats coming here and getting called an idiot. After dealing with unreasonable customers a good laugh at the end of the day puts it all in perspective.

Good luck with you vehicle and kick ass in your market.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ok, here’s my two cents that nobody asked for. Years ago I bought a used Butler from someone in the same state. We met I looked over the van and came to a price we both were happy with. I had all the service records from Butler etc. after we got it back to the office we started tearing it apart to set it up our way. While doing this we realized that it did not have the max heat that it was advertised as having. While bummed I had not pulled the cover to verify that it did indeed have the max heat so I didn’t say anything. Several weeks later the other party called to make sure I was happy with the purchase. I mentioned the lack of max heat and he honestly was stunned, he thought he had it. I took him at his word and since we had negotiated in good faith for a win win situation I told them I was all set we didn’t need to make any adjustment. I was fully expecting to make lots of repairs and updates. Now you make think I’m a fool but it was still a fantastic deal. Two plus years later I bought another truck from him.

Ben, you seem like a good guy. It appears that as others have mentioned the only advice most should take is to not purchase sight unseen. Hell I had issues and I looked at the van.

It seems at this point you have a fully functional unit. Maybe the road to getting there took a wrong turn but you have gotten far more than most would buying an as is vehicle.

Although you may not agree with some of the feedback you received. I would listen long and hard to these guys. These guys have forgotten more about this industry than I know and I’ve been in the business for 42 years. These are a bunch of business people who have been in the trenches and have a vast amount of knowledge they share daily. Yes, you do need a thick skin but after a hard day of work nothing beats coming here and getting called an idiot. After dealing with unreasonable customers a good laugh at the end of the day puts it all in perspective.

Good luck with you vehicle and kick ass in your market.
When you get called an idiot, take it as a term of endearment

F

FB7777

Thank goodness 1 truck broke dick Chuck is here to instruct a 40 truck company on the proper procedure of liquidating used up equipment

I feel safer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom