The FMF 12" Devastator wand is finally done.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
@TConway .......is this designed for the portable..small blower type machines..???

what is the largest blower you would use this on....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I can't wait for it to go on sale here for $399!
MIKEYBOARD SPECIAL ALL DEY LONG!

But I am still looking at that mytee 12 inch wand for............$199

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It doesn't really matter if it's 2 inch or 1.5. it's how you use it. I did a rotovac job the other day with my porty. Trashed poly. Presprayed 1.5 gallons in a 1 bedroom suite. Put 32 gallons in the machine and got 32 gallons out. Doing slow dry passes with the rotovac 360i. 35 ft of 1.5 inch hose. Do you really think you can get better than that?

IMG_20180810_092050.jpg

Name
Steve Lawrence
It doesn't really matter if it's 2 inch or 1.5. it's how you use it. I did a rotovac job the other day with my porty. Trashed poly. Presprayed 1.5 gallons in a 1 bedroom suite. Put 32 gallons in the machine and got 32 gallons out. Doing slow dry passes with the rotovac 360i. 35 ft of 1.5 inch hose. Do you really think you can get better than that?

View attachment 84047

Wow, sounds like you worked your butt off. Thanks for pics!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I like the physics.

If you've ever extracted a lot of water out of a basement you will find that a section of 1.5" hose on the vertical transition will move more water easily than all 2" at that point.

Thus, if the transition is smooth enough to not introduce undue turbulence, this wand should more easily pick the water mixture off the floor and lift it the 3 or 4 ft "over the hump" to the 2" hose run.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The only difference I saw with a 1.5” setup was when I had to borrow my friends Titan truckmount a few years ago. He had a 1.5”wand AND the 1.5” hose connected to the wand was 50FEET. I was wondering why his crew was being so pansie like with the 50’. After that first job, I jerked off that hose and rigged up a 2” hose for it. The suction loss was dramatic

But there was not much, of any, difference in suction when it was setup the proper way.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The only difference I saw with a 1.5” setup was when I had to borrow my friends Titan truckmount a few years ago. He had a 1.5”wand AND the 1.5” hose connected to the wand was 50FEET. I was wondering why his crew was being so pansie like with the 50’. After that first job, I jerked off that hose and rigged up a 2” hose for it. The suction loss was dramatic

But there was not much, of any, difference in suction when it was setup the proper way.
10-15 ft whip is all you need. The tapered hose is even better. Not available where I am at. Have to order from John or someone and pay the Trump tariffs.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

rick imby

Name
Rick
There are a lot of things in airflow/wind resistance most of us do not understand.

Trivia Question--without any other changes if the baseballs were smooth instead of having the raised threads. Would Babe Ruth have had more or fewer home runs?

rick imby

Name
Rick
I like the physics.

If you've ever extracted a lot of water out of a basement you will find that a section of 1.5" hose on the vertical transition will move more water easily than all 2" at that point.

Thus, if the transition is smooth enough to not introduce undue turbulence, this wand should more easily pick the water mixture off the floor and lift it the 3 or 4 ft "over the hump" to the 2" hose run.

Interesting...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

View attachment 84047
If you got 32gal in and 32 gal out you either shot the water directly to the vac hose or added more water externally..............
We'll let your imagination decide which external method you've used, but we all have our suspicions :winky:

Reactions: Jimmy L

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you got 32gal in and 32 gal out you either shot the water directly to the vac hose or added more water externally..............
We'll let your imagination decide which external method you've used, but we all have our suspicions :winky:
Added about 1.5 gallons prespray. I realize counting pails isn't an exact science but the pails out looked pretty close to the pails in. What I am saying is that it really matter if I used 1.5 inch hose or 2 inch. The results would be the same on a 35 foot run.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
There are a lot of things in airflow/wind resistance most of us do not understand.

Trivia Question--without any other changes if the baseballs were smooth instead of having the raised threads. Would Babe Ruth have had more or fewer home runs?
I believe LESS
The dimples in a golf ball are also there for a reason

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolly Llama

rick imby

Name
Rick
You guys are right, The threads create more friction with the air creating a bubble of air that then has less resistance as the ball goes through the air than the smooth ball has. The Babe would probably have not hit any homeruns with a smooth ball.

So the rough threads cause more resistance but the ball goes further.... That is why I would not argue with Lee's statement about having a 1.5" section in the transition takes more water up faster---sometimes totally illogical things are true---especially when it comes to airflow and airflow with water involved.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'll be keeping an eye on you Ron from now on.
I've watched videos on youtube on how to fly a plane so I can get to YOU faster.
You won't see me coming before I crash into your house.

yIpPiE kI aYE mofo!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom