The FMF 12" Devastator wand is finally done.

Mikey P

Administrator
with a high performance TM, you should be able to use a tapered whip hose with this lightweight wonder and get just as good, if not better, performance than your 2" to 2/14.

Old pricks like Marty will love that

Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Some of you guys are acting like you're extracting a basement full of 5' deep water with that wand. You might feel a difference with the smaller tube on a job like that. But with a 2gpm flow of water...I highly doubt you'll notice any difference in the two sizes. As for a 12" head...my opinion, after using a 15" head wand, go ahead, wear that shoulder out. 12" is old school, over work.

Tom should've went bigger, not smaller. I was hoping to see a 16" devastator swivel for the big jobs. Shame
This is a wand that will work well with any TM or portable. 12 inch means all of your vac power is compressed into a smaller space which should give you better extraction and dry times. The ability to swivel helps in tight areas and gets you under beds and furniture without having to move them. In a lot of jobs I do, a 15 or 16 inch wand would be impossible to move. I have all kinds of 2 inch tools, the Zipper, couple of Rotovacs, a 2 inch westpak wand but my choice of wands is usually my mach 12. I imagine Tom's wand will work even better. I am looking forward to seeing users opinions.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Did your parents share a crib?
You're a moron if you think 15" is for big open areas only. My mach15 is used 99.99%. The .01% is when I pull out that westpak 12" I bought from you.

And I thought Tommy Boy was trying to focus on the upper class carpet cleaners as his customer base, not the more budget minded porty and small tm o/o, due to the price of his wand. That's why I made my comment about going bigger. A bigger company that has a fleet of Aerotechs and does big conference centers and big open houses would love a 16" design. I know I'd purchase one, just because I couldn't get comfortable with the zipper. I also know I'm not the only one who felt that way. I think his sales on that would boom. Either way, I wish the best for him on it. It's a nice setup.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My mind wouldn't shut up last night. I couldn't sleep. I'm excited about going to buy a boat this weekend in Nashville. When I get it, I'll crash Damon's thread about his boat with a bunch of pictures that none of you care to see

Boat = Hole in the Water you Throw money into....

Just sayin..… :)

(and I have owned a few...and a few fast ones that took my money faster :) )

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I get everyone’s opinion and understand each. I’m not in the market for one, since I don’t do you know what. But how does a swivel slow you down in open areas? Asking for a friend.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Looks like a very good quality wand. However, I would have to agree with some opinions above in regards to efficiency.

Having a 2" barrel all the way up makes more sense. Having a 2" barrel to a 1 1/2" reducer adapter would also make sense for those wanting a whip hose. But, then again, the performance would be dependent upon how powerful the Operators machine is. Having a lesser performance machine, IMHO, will not make the machine better.

Good looking wand tho, but way too expensive for jImMy if it costs more than 10 bucks and a cheese burger.

Name held by request

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt what do you see yourself swiveling around in a convention center?
I was thinking more on the side of a 16” with a swivel being easier to use in a house and in a convention center. Just think how much more efficiency the residential jobs could be.

I love how well his swivel doesn’t have any play in it. So it’d be good whenever you wanted to swivel or not swivel on the big open meeting rooms.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think Tom is perfectly qualified to make the best business decision for himself

you think??
Most cleaners don't hang out on boards or faqbook groups
by not selling to distributers, he's limited his market to how many Mike can sell on the board

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
PEE-ESSS

It's good thing Mike fell in love with him
cause as quirky and odd as he comes off in his posts, he'd be stuck in his garage working on his Volkswagen-o-matic

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

Should have bought a Yamaha jet boat, spent less that 3000 dollars on it maintenance and repair wise over the last 10 years.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
and another $3000 in fuel to go from one side of the lake to the next??:lol:

.L.T.A.

2 four cylinder 1100cc motors directly driving jet pump is very efficient and only sips fuel, not chug it but still get me up to 56 mph on the water.

Now my jet ski just chugs and chugs and chugs premium fuel but there is a cost associated with 72 mph on water.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom