The FMF 12" Devastator wand is finally done.

Mikey P

Administrator
MFrs will be the 1st to use it...

An industry first to have the 1 1\2 tube flare out to 2" before joining to the head.
On the hose end, the wand comes with a 1.5" to 2" removable adaptor

Gimmick?

Think again.

Screenshot_20180807-235229.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt
Name
Jeff T
Just out of curiosity, how do you think it’s going to do going from 2”, down to 1 1/2, back to 2”? I guess the idea of velocity will come into play.... if it works well, I’m ordering one...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Has to be less than $1800.......................but it's still...............NO!
Sapphire's 12 inch wand is at $1200................STILL TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Having to use 2 inch hose all the way to a 1.5 inch wand is gimmicky to me. The whole purpose, for me anyway, of having a 1.5 inch wand, is being able to use a 1.5 inch whip hose so that you are not knocking all the pictures off the wall and antique vases off the table as that 2 inch hose behind you has a mind of its own. Much easier to use in tight corners, closets, stairways, etc. I use to have a Prochem stair tool with a 2 inch flare. First thing I did was to get a hacksaw and fix it.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
“the 12" has a 1.5 tube but is flared to 2" on both ends for performance boosting.“

I wasn’t asking that; are the regular wands 2”?
If so, why not just put a 12” head on one? There must be some long explanation...

Reactions: Hack Attack

Mikey P

Administrator
“the 12" has a 1.5 tube but is flared to 2" on both ends for performance boosting.“

I wasn’t asking that; are the regular wands 2”?
If so, why not just put a 12” head on one? There must be some long explanation...

weight reduction and a 12" head actually works better with this set up...

"trust me"..

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
It is beautiful! Wonder if it would help my portable Ninja 1200 with the single vacuum motor? My portable is plumbed for 2 inch.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Having to use 2 inch hose all the way to a 1.5 inch wand is gimmicky to me. The whole purpose, for me anyway, of having a 1.5 inch wand, is being able to use a 1.5 inch whip hose so that you are not knocking all the pictures off the wall and antique vases off the table as that 2 inch hose behind you has a mind of its own. Much easier to use in tight corners, closets, stairways, etc. I use to have a Prochem stair tool with a 2 inch flare. First thing I did was to get a hacksaw and fix it.
Try using 2 inch hose on this staircase.

IMG_20180808_125908.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Some here do it with a 2.5
Cause they just want to squeeze every extra inch of performance.
Pictures, paint and baseboard be damned.

It's a he-man thingie.

Mikey P

Administrator

On the hose end, the wand comes with a 1.5" to 2" removable adaptor

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Some of you guys are acting like you're extracting a basement full of 5' deep water with that wand. You might feel a difference with the smaller tube on a job like that. But with a 2gpm flow of water...I highly doubt you'll notice any difference in the two sizes. As for a 12" head...my opinion, after using a 15" head wand, go ahead, wear that shoulder out. 12" is old school, over work.

Tom should've went bigger, not smaller. I was hoping to see a 16" devastator swivel for the big jobs. Shame

Mikey P

Administrator
Some of you guys are acting like you're extracting a basement full of 5' deep water with that wand. You might feel a difference with the smaller tube on a job like that. But with a 2gpm flow of water...I highly doubt you'll notice any difference in the two sizes. As for a 12" head...my opinion, after using a 15" head wand, go ahead, wear that shoulder out. 12" is old school, over work.

Tom should've went bigger, not smaller. I was hoping to see a 16" devastator swivel for the big jobs. Shame

Did your parents share a crib?

Reactions: Erik and FredC

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Cleanworks said: ↑
Try using 2 inch hose on this staircase.

Easy...

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom