The advantage of having prices on your site!

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Independence is a Cincinnati suburb, not particularly upscale...if that exists in Kentucky.

Billionaires are scattered statewide however, often with large acreage. We work for two.

it's just one example folks, take it easy. Lol There are rich people all over the world I hope you all get to meet them someday that was not the point. I'm going back to my Roy Orbison public television special.

Reactions: SamIam

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Steve (Mastio) I am sure that there are people who do not want to call. No doubt about that.

But some of us do not want to offer 24/7/365, live chat and be present in every social media of the day and then some.

Some of us try to cater to a certain clientele that appreciates what we offer. By doing that we understand that we become niche players. That niche, however, for a small company in the right area, can be quite profitable. It also helps make our business life less hectic and a lot more tolerable.

Sometime not doing what everybody else does, will actually help you differentiate yourself (set you apart). Its a rat race out there, and everybody is welcome to join. But remember: Joining the rat race is voluntary and things can be done differently.

Last edited:

roro

Name
Ross Craig
So, who's done both methods of pricing?
And how did it work for you?
We have -3- websites. Only one has pricing on it and it is not firm pricing ; it is an estimate. From that priced site we have only had a handful of people query our pricings over the 12 or whatever years it has been up. Seems to me carpet cleaners are more hung up on pricing than customers.
roro

Reactions: ruff

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The goal of our website is to give some info and make possible custys want to call us. Them having to call, gives you an opportunity to sell your business. If they don't call, it's hard to be wowed by our wonderful phone lady.

Prices on our site would give people no reason to call. Take someone on the fence and convince them to use you.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
The goal of our website is to give some info and make possible custys want to call us. Them having to call, gives you an opportunity to sell your business. If they don't call, it's hard to be wowed by our wonderful phone lady.

Prices on our site would give people no reason to call. Take someone on the fence and convince them to use you.

Jerry suggests - "The goal of our website is to give some info and make possible custys want to call us." Agreed!
For a lot of people the only reason to call is if the site doesn't give then enough info to make their decision. Thus the need for info boxes at the point of sale on line. Whether this info is correct or not, IDK, but it's their info to sell their services. Like this...

upload_2017-3-5_9-38-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-5_9-37-42.png
    upload_2017-3-5_9-37-42.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I posted my prices because I got tired of wasting time saying the same thing over and over again..
answering these calls also tied up my phone lines and hindered clients who wanted to book.

But I still get people calling or Yelp PM asking about prices.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Thus the need for info boxes at the point of sale on line. Whether this info is correct or not, IDK, but it's their info to sell their services. Like this...

That's pretty darn cool, Steve!

Reactions: smastio

steve_64

So, who's done both methods of pricing?
And how did it work for you?
I ran a newspaper ad with prices 9 years ago and my phone blew up. Before that I got little response from ads.

I posted prices on Facebook last year but I don't get much traffic. It is tied to my website though.

People generally understand if their dog has pissed all over it is going to cost extra. The per room price is for those who take care of their carpet not those who trash it.

It's easier to phone price too. And it is always just an estimate until I see it.

I think advertising price shows some honesty as long as it's not ridiculously low. Price it right for your area and it can work. I just booked a big job at $60 for the first and $40 each additional. $560 total. It works for me. Should take 3 hours or so.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We have -3- websites. Only one has pricing on it and it is not firm pricing ; it is an estimate. From that priced site we have only had a handful of people query our pricings over the 12 or whatever years it has been up. Seems to me carpet cleaners are more hung up on pricing than customers.
roro

Ross, I am not quite sure that I get it.
My understanding is that most people did not query you pricing on the site that does display pricing. Less hassle for you I assume.

However, did you notice any difference in the closing rate, compared to the site that do not display pricing and people have to call you?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I posted my prices because I got tired of wasting time saying the same thing over and over again..
answering these calls also tied up my phone lines and hindered clients who wanted to book.

But I still get people calling or Yelp PM asking about prices.
John, did you notice any difference in closing rate?
Also, did you lower your rates at the same time? I thought you mentioned it but I am not sure.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Listed prices on our site since day 1. I remember searching for a made service online and I had to keep going through sites Til I finally found one that listed prices. Not everyone wants to call. If listing prices online works for Stanley, Oxifresh, Heavens Best, etc. what makes it different for you? And there prices are probably higher than most anyways.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Listed prices on our site since day 1. I remember searching for a made service online and I had to keep going through sites Til I finally found one that listed prices. Not everyone wants to call. If listing prices online works for Stanley, Oxifresh, Heavens Best, etc. what makes it different for you? And there prices are probably higher than most anyways.
Did you find the cheapest maid?

Reactions: hogjowl

steve_64

I was thinking about this and I pass by online items I'm looking for that are not priced.

However, I'm getting more and more calls because of the reviews on Google or they just say they found my reviews online. I'm not even sure what my reviews say so what do I know.

I'm lazy and room pricing is easy for me and my customers so it's what I'm doing. It's easy on the phone too. Just ask how many rooms I'm cleaning and any L shape or great rooms are extra.

My prices are probably average or higher. My closing rates definitely went up with advertising price but I was also getting better at it since I did it after a year or two in business.

Just my experience.

Reactions: ruff, WillS and EDS

EDS

Name
Ed
I was thinking about this and I pass by online items I'm looking for that are not priced.

However, I'm getting more and more calls because of the reviews on Google or they just say they found my reviews online. I'm not even sure what my reviews say so what do I know.

I'm lazy and room pricing is easy for me and my customers so it's what I'm doing. It's easy on the phone too. Just ask how many rooms I'm cleaning and any L shape or great rooms are extra.

My prices are probably average or higher. My closing rates definitely went up with advertising price but I was also getting better at it since I did it after a year or two in business.

Just my experience.
I get the review thing a lot...and now I am starting to promote it. I am a per area guy too. It just seems so much easier to give the customer a price on the phone.

When ever I give a price I always ask a question after. Try to move on from price and keep THEM talking...

Reactions: allclean_nj1

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Did you find the cheapest maid?

I don't think I was looking for cheap, I just wanted to know what in the ball park I should be looking to pay. I figure people do this when preparing to get carpets cleaned in the future. Instead of calling around, they look online to get an idea. If they can't find a price on your site, on to the next one.

EDS

Name
Ed
But there is such a wide variety for prices. It may put people off if they are not educated. If they want a price let them search the website and perhaps they may even learn a thing or two...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I don't think I was looking for cheap, I just wanted to know what in the ball park I should be looking to pay. I figure people do this when preparing to get carpets cleaned in the future. Instead of calling around, they look online to get an idea. If they can't find a price on your site, on to the next one.
The problem is, you as an experienced cleaner have an idea what a service is worth. An inexperienced consumer hasn't a clue. So, they go on your website and see that you are charging $50 a room or whatever, then they see that they have coupons they received in the mail offering the same service at $7.99 per room on sale. Both services make the same claims as to quality service, guarantee's, dry times, etc. How do they choose?

Reactions: ruff and Mikey P

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
The problem is, you as an experienced cleaner have an idea what a service is worth. An inexperienced consumer hasn't a clue. So, they go on your website and see that you are charging $50 a room or whatever, then they see that they have coupons they received in the mail offering the same service at $7.99 per room on sale. Both services make the same claims as to quality service, guarantee's, dry times, etc. How do they choose?

From my experience lately... since we have been listed on top of google, when people call... they say I have been looking through different carpet cleaners and chose you because of the reviews. They don't ever say chose you because of the price. So I'm assuming, once they see our price of $50 a room and let's say they think.. damn that's high. I wonder why? Then they go through the reviews and see 200 5 stars. Then they go back to the $20 a room guy and pull up his reviews, and there's 85 1 stars.

Reactions: ruff and EDS

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
From my experience lately... since we have been listed on top of google, when people call... they say I have been looking through different carpet cleaners and chose you because of the reviews. They don't ever say chose you because of the price. So I'm assuming, once they see our price of $50 a room and let's say they think.. damn that's high. I wonder why? Then they go through the reviews and see 200 5 stars. Then they go back to the $20 a room guy and pull up his reviews, and there's 85 1 stars.
I think you are a better business man than I am Will and more in touch with your customer base. You seem to have the knack of getting the most out of your face book and other online advertising. It's much harder for us old dogs to learn new tricks.

EDS

Name
Ed
What is your bounce rate (the % of visitors who immediately exit your site after arriving) Will? I am at the top of Google as well and have some 5 star reviews so we have some similarities.

steve_64

This is exactly what I'm starting to experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom