pto/ slide in questions

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
There's several slide ins that perform the same if not better than direct drives. The slide ins that have a 3cylinder Kubota engine or bigger. Any slide in with an air cooled engine isn't worth bragging about
For the ones that perform better, which would you recommend?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
For the ones that perform better, which would you recommend?
As for performance, the sapphire 570 won't let you down. I've used a 570 on big jobs and it's been great. Changing the belts will be a chore, but they last a long time.

and it's worth giving steam action a call and considering their model the same size. There's good feedback on that company recently. Steam action is more user friendly on the service/maintenance side. I've never used one though, so you need to reach out to some others who have on that one.

There's some bigger models out there, but from your description, I don't think you'll need to look at those yet

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
Thank you for sharing. I've heard positive things about the 570 and it's definitely worth taking a look at. I'll also look at steam action.
Thanks again!

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
As for performance, the sapphire 570 won't let you down. I've used a 570 on big jobs and it's been great. Changing the belts will be a chore, but they last a long time.

and it's worth giving steam action a call and considering their model the same size. There's good feedback on that company recently. Steam action is more user friendly on the service/maintenance side. I've never used one though, so you need to reach out to some others who have on that one.

There's some bigger models out there, but from your description, I don't think you'll need to look at those yet
OK, so I just looked at the 570. With respect to heat and suction, how does it compare to a direct drive like Butler, for example? I talked to Butler and they said about 240 Fahrenheit is what they’re getting with the upgraded heat exchanger. I know they can also do long hose runsI know they can also do long hose runs, But I’m not sure how that compares both in terms of temperature and suction/hose runs to the 570?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
OK, so I just looked at the 570. With respect to heat and suction, how does it compare to a direct drive like Butler, for example? I talked to Butler and they said about 240 Fahrenheit is what they’re getting with the upgraded heat exchanger. I know they can also do long hose runsI know they can also do long hose runs, But I’m not sure how that compares both in terms of temperature and suction/hose runs to the 570?
They will both be similar. Watch some of Mark Saiger's videos on YouTube to become familiar with Butler systems.

Reactions: alexcarpets

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
They will both be similar. Watch some of Mark Saiger's videos on YouTube to become familiar with Butler systems.
I saw Mark's videos and those were actually the ones that really drew me to Butler. The zipper wand and his unit... Amazing results! I looked at some videos on YouTube for the apex 570 and they seem comparable. I believe that's what you're running too, right? What is the max temp on those? What's the max house run you can do? And how's the cfm numbers looking?

Edit: Found the info online... They are saying 235 F and 500 feet single wand. Is 235 enough?? I've heard with Butler, the upgraded heat exchanger can get north of 250

Edit 2: So with the 570, it just runs off the fuel tap from the vehicle? There's no external propane, diesel, etc.... to mess around with right?

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The 570 will deliver the same heat as the butler.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I saw Mark's videos and those were actually the ones that really drew me to Butler. The zipper wand and his unit... Amazing results! I looked at some videos on YouTube for the apex 570 and they seem comparable. I believe that's what you're running too, right? What is the max temp on those? What's the max house run you can do? And how's the cfm numbers looking?

Edit: Found the info online... They are saying 235 F and 500 feet single wand. Is 235 enough?? I've heard with Butler, the upgraded heat exchanger can get north of 250

Edit 2: So with the 570, it just runs off the fuel tap from the vehicle? There's no external propane, diesel, etc.... to mess around with right?
It’s all unleaded

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
You’re correct. It taps in to the van’s unleaded gas tank
I really appreciate you sharing. So far, the Apex 570 looks really good in my books. Here's my thought process:

-Slide in so no possible warranty issues with the vehicle warranty
-Same heat and suction power as Butler
-Long hose runs
-Can do carpet, tile, and water extraction...I think??
-No propane,diesel, simple tap into car fuel line.

All in all,this looks like the front runner to me.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I set mine around 225 degrees. Plenty hot. It can go a little higher if I want. Enough vacuum power to run 400 feet of hose if you need to. I usually carry about 250 feet of hose. The Butler runs about 225-240 consistently. Don't get bogged down with max specs. That's not where your machine will run day in, day out. Both machines will be comparable, the 570 might run a little higher rpm than the Butler but in the long run, either machine will do you. The 570 can be installed in any old van, the fuel tap will let the machine run of the vehicles fuel tank.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
I set mine around 225 degrees. Plenty hot. It can go a little higher if I want. Enough vacuum power to run 400 feet of hose if you need to. I usually carry about 250 feet of hose. The Butler runs about 225-240 consistently. Don't get bogged down with max specs. That's not where your machine will run day in, day out. Both machines will be comparable, the 570 might run a little higher rpm than the Butler but in the long run, either machine will do you. The 570 can be installed in any old van, the fuel tap will let the machine run of the vehicles fuel tank.
If the 570 can hold 225, I'm more than happy with it. That said, called both Chevy and GMC and they don't have any cargo vans. Apparently, unless you have a fleet number, it's next to impossible to find a new one. Maybe I should look at Ram, or Nissan? I know Mercedes has the sprinter but not looking to go that route.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If the 570 can hold 225, I'm more than happy with it. That said, called both Chevy and GMC and they don't have any cargo vans. Apparently, unless you have a fleet number, it's next to impossible to find a new one. Maybe I should look at Ram, or Nissan? I know Mercedes has the sprinter but not looking to go that route.
I just googled one of my local dealers and they seem to several. $54,000 CDN. They also have several used ones. Maybe check with dealers further out.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
I just googled one of my local dealers and they seem to several. $54,000 CDN. They also have several used ones. Maybe check with dealers further out.
Yes, I Actually didn’t invent research and called the dealership closest to me that showed in stock. When I called them, they said that they don’t have any of the ones listed and that they haven’t had any for a while. It’s probably worth checking with another dealership though.

on a sidenote, I was wondering if I can add a automatic pump out to the Apex 570? I don’t see one listed under spec sheets.

Similarly, who would I contact to coordinateSimilarly, who would I contact to Coordinate purchase and installation?

Finally, what is the expected price for the Apex 570? In USD I saw some listed as low as 31K and others listed as high as 52K. What is the expected price for just the unit itself and how much more should I expect to pay for the hoses and the hose reels?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes, I Actually didn’t invent research and called the dealership closest to me that showed in stock. When I called them, they said that they don’t have any of the ones listed and that they haven’t had any for a while. It’s probably worth checking with another dealership though.

on a sidenote, I was wondering if I can add a automatic pump out to the Apex 570? I don’t see one listed under spec sheets.

Similarly, who would I contact to coordinateSimilarly, who would I contact to Coordinate purchase and installation?

Finally, what is the expected price for the Apex 570? In USD I saw some listed as low as 31K and others listed as high as 52K. What is the expected price for just the unit itself and how much more should I expect to pay for the hoses and the hose reels?
You need to call a Sapphire distributor. They can give you all the info you need. Better to have them do the installation, even if you have to travel. In sure they have an auto pump out option. Not cheap, usually $2000-$2500 extra.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
You need to call a Sapphire distributor. They can give you all the info you need. Better to have them do the installation, even if you have to travel. In sure they have an auto pump out option. Not cheap, usually $2000-$2500 extra.
Thank you! The US dollars price range seem to be all over the map. Would you happen to know what the range is for just the unit itself?

Islandguy

Name
bob keenan

Zipper wand is a waste of money . Someone must have been getting a kick back to promote them .

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Zipper wand is a waste of money . Someone must have been getting a kick back to promote them .
It depends on where you use it. Not a great tool for residential but perfect for restaurants and other heavily soiled commercial. I have a Zipper and use it rarely but when those types of jobs come up, it's a godsend. Like any cleaning tool, there is a learning curve.

Islandguy

Name
bob keenan
It depends on where you use it. Not a great tool for residential but perfect for restaurants and other heavily soiled commercial. I have a Zipper and use it rarely but when those types of jobs come up, it's a godsend. Like any cleaning tool, there is a learning curve.
I would much rather use the Rotovac than a zipper ,

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
I have found a GMC 3500 extended wheelbase with the 4.3 L V6 engine.... will that engine suffice or do I have to upgrade to the V-8?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have found a GMC 3500 extended wheelbase with the 4.3 L V6 engine.... will that engine suffice or do I have to upgrade to the V-8?
A V8 would be better. The 6 liter is pretty reliable. The 4.3 is a good engine but maybe a little underpowered for the weight. Depends on your local geography. If you're going up large hills on a regular basis, you will notice it more.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
I ask this sincerely, why is it a waste of money? I saw Mark's videos and it appeared to be doing a great job. Is it possible to get similar results with a regular wand? I have to say, the price tag on the zipper is not budget friendly.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
A V8 would be better. The 6 liter is pretty reliable. The 4.3 is a good engine but maybe a little underpowered for the weight. Depends on your local geography. If you're going up large hills on a regular basis, you will notice it more.
I'd rather do the V8, to be honest.... But it's next to impossible finding it. Dealerships don't have any in stock. GMC, Chevy are both out of stock. The Nissan Cargo van got discontinued. The sprinter is having stock issues as well, and personally, I'm not a fan of Ram... Not sure what's left? Lolll

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom