Hose length on portables

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Could you just install any vacuum motors I mean electricity is electricity right as long as the specs olhms amps current etc are the same what makes it not work ??
Not and have your motors in parallel I believe There's a manifold involved below the stand pipe if I remember correctly and the only place I found the right vacuum motors was from a dealer. You might be able to run them in series or build a manifold. I also wonder if you would have to pull the heater as the room in the motor compartment is at a premium.A lot of things in that machine design are strictly proprietary and only marketed by the dealer network. The toggle switches aren't the best either. Can you post a picture of the machine's guts?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If you’ve gotta use a porty, hopefully you can garner up enough to get a good one. Porty work is hard enough without all that. I don’t care how old you are.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I heard that the portable Rotovac puts out performs very well. My friend who’s main machine is a 570 told me that.

NJ104

Name
Juan
I have a PEX and I really like it when I HAVE to use a portable. It’s quite for a porty, and maneuvers easy. You can pack everything on it. I have a US Products King Cobra and rarely use it because it’s cumbersome. Ditto on propane heat being good. When I used my
Bane Ultraport, I used a little giant which made the Bane tolerable. It would smoke. Porty work is Hard Work!! I don’t hate it, as long as I’m not doing it.
What is a little giant ??

Reactions: roro

NJ104

Name
Juan
Not and have your motors in parallel I believe There's a manifold involved below the stand pipe if I remember correctly and the only place I found the right vacuum motors was from a dealer. You might be able to run them in series or build a manifold. I also wonder if you would have to pull the heater as the room in the motor compartment is at a premium.A lot of things in that machine design are strictly proprietary and only marketed by the dealer network. The toggle switches aren't the best either. Can you post a picture of the machine's guts?
Sorry I was away for a bit. Tomorrow I will be where I store my machine and I will post a picture

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Just to clarify your saying 100 feet then attach the booster then 50 more to wand??
It is advised you turn on the booster before the main portable.
This might be because the main portable will cause the booster vac motor to rotate before it is powered up. maybe this will create electricity or rotate the booster vac fan in the wrong direction? 🤷‍♂️ but I'm only speculating.

NJ104

Name
Juan
Here are those photos of the machine

20240215_131431.jpg 20240215_131453.jpg 20240215_131519.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The covers over the vac motors look a little oddball compared to most units. They are in parallel. They are probably only 2-stage as you wouldn't have enough power to run anything bigger with heater in there. It may be possible to ditch the heater and install 3-stage vac motors but I can't tell how difficult it would be without seeing the manifolds with the motors in place. If you did that, you would wire one vac with your pump and the other separately.

NJ104

Name
Juan
The covers over the vac motors look a little oddball compared to most units. They are in parallel. They are probably only 2-stage as you wouldn't have enough power to run anything bigger with heater in there. It may be possible to ditch the heater and install 3-stage vac motors but I can't tell how difficult it would be without seeing the manifolds with the motors in place. If you did that, you would wire one vac with your pump and the other separately.
I forgot to mention that I had to get the upgraded pump motor. The original one was way thinner, this is almost the same size as my treadmill motor. What do you mean by oddball because I always had a weird feeling about this unit. I did buy it brand new from a jondon location so maybe this had a issue that they fixed before selling it

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
So, are you getting into residential cleaning, commercial, or whatever comes your way?
I think that would determine what you do with that machine if anything at all?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I forgot to mention that I had to get the upgraded pump motor. The original one was way thinner, this is almost the same size as my treadmill motor. What do you mean by oddball because I always had a weird feeling about this unit. I did buy it brand new from a jondon location so maybe this had a issue that they fixed before selling it
It appears that there are black plastic covers over the vac motors. Most machines, the motors are exposed.

Name
jack zerkie
Use one of these pumps to free up room. They last longer, are way cheaper too.The plastic manifold might fit the 3 stage motors, but I had no luck finding a match for the vacuum motors' They had to be ordered from the supplier.

Willy if he buys a EDIC it has 2-3 stage vacs 500 psi and a exterior heater that hangs on back of unit . Great unit had to take up stairs only down side

Luky

Name
Mario
I was thinking about buying a booster vacuum to be able to extend the hose but now brings in a new question. How far can I run the solution hose ?? Since I am coming back I am not going drop a lot of money on a truck mount not yet at least. In the mean time, what is the max run on a solution hose?
If you thinking of running a 25' vacuum hose, go with a 25' solution hose. If you have a 50-footer lying around, use it. You're not losing as much pressure with a distance compared to a vacuum loss, where CFM and lift are going to be lacking, because dual 2-stage motors are barely enough. If you had dual 3-stage motors, I'd recommend upgrading to a 2" vacuum hose, you'd get slightly better results even with a reducer since Ninja doesn't have a 2" vacuum port We can debate CFM vs Lift ratio based on hose diameter forever, but if you want to start, do what's best for you. If you have plenty of vacuum hoses, cut a custom length, let's say 15', this should give you a better suction.
P.S. I use a 2" vac hose on Edic Endeavour( 30') with good results ( twice a year🤣)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I've looked and I can't find pictures of my bucket booster experiment. I mounted a 3 stage motor on to the lid of my machine. It wasn't pretty but it gave me plenty of air flow. I'll dig around some more to see if I can find it.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
There you go. It was mounted on a lid. It gave that old powrflite much improved air flow.It doesn't look pretty but it worked quite well

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have the Steambrite version. Works quite well. I need to change the hose Barb to 2 inch to maximize the air flow. Adds a 3-stage vacuum in parallel to the 2 existing 2 stage vacuums. I would feel comfortable running 50-75 feet of hose if I had to clean a townhouse or 2 story condo. I would run 2 inch hose all the way or with a short, maybe 10 foot whip of 1.5 inch hose.

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have the Steambrite version. Works quite well. I need to change the hose Barb to 2 inch to maximize the air flow. Adds a 3-stage vacuum in parallel to the 2 existing 2 stage vacuums. I would feel comfortable running 50-75 feet of hose if I had to clean a townhouse or 2 story condo. I would run 2 inch hose all the way or with a short, maybe 10 foot whip
I haven't seen that one. Let me see if I can dig up pictures of the ninja booster I had.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom