Hose length on portables

NJ104

Name
Juan
This might be on somewhere on here and forgive me if it is. I have not been on here in several years. Started to come back to carpet cleaning recently and since I am not willing to drop 10k + for a truck mount I am dusting off my Ninja Warrior 500 from century 400 (not sure if they are in business anymore). My question for all of you is two fold 1st one is is it okay to run 50 ft of vac hose and solution line? And what length does other portables run at max wise. Is there a list of portables today and the max length that you can run without any boosters. I remember back in the day Recoil (not sure if they are still around) was a portable that you could run 100 ft.

Name
Nate W.
You can run however much hose you want, but the suction will suck.. It's a portable for a reason..

Century400 was aquired by Prochem, which was aquired by LegendBrands.. Recoil was sold to a UK company from what I've read.. Ed Valentine retired..

50' would be the most I'd run on a portable without a booster.. What vacuum motors does the ninja have? 2x 2stages, 2x 3stages?

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
This might be on somewhere on here and forgive me if it is. I have not been on here in several years. Started to come back to carpet cleaning recently and since I am not willing to drop 10k + for a truck mount I am dusting off my Ninja Warrior 500 from century 400 (not sure if they are in business anymore). My question for all of you is two fold 1st one is is it okay to run 50 ft of vac hose and solution line? And what length does other portables run at max wise. Is there a list of portables today and the max length that you can run without any boosters. I remember back in the day Recoil (not sure if they are still around) was a portable that you could run 100 ft.
I would think as well , what wand, jets you are running with, how much solution is going down, at what rate.
You can get great resuyls with a porty. ; just need to slow down, more dry strokes.

Reactions: SamIam

NJ104

Name
Juan
You can run however much hose you want, but the suction will suck.. It's a portable for a reason..

Century400 was aquired by Prochem, which was aquired by LegendBrands.. Recoil was sold to a UK company from what I've read.. Ed Valentine retired..

50' would be the most I'd run on a portable without a booster.. What vacuum motors does the ninja have? 2x 2stages, 2x 3stages?
This one because of the heater has a 2 two stage motors. My understanding is the non heater version is a 2 three stage motors

Name
Nate W.
I wouldn't go more than 50' max on 2-2stages.. Start with hotter water and your heater will maintain the temp better.. I'd only use a wand and no rotary extractions with that portable..

I hope you aren't looking to leave it in the van and run it like a truck mount..

NJ104

Name
Juan

I have another question Last time I was a event at a jon don location they had all these reps and from memory I pretty sure Pex was owned by us products but not when I searched for one it was blue and is hydramaster. What happened? And I can't seem to find king cobras portys anywhere either. I feel like a person that lived in foreign land only to come to a unrecognizable land I was once in lol

Name
Nate W.
I have another question Last time I was a event at a jon don location they had all these reps and from memory I pretty sure Pex was owned by us products but not when I searched for one it was blue and is hydramaster. What happened? And I can't seem to find king cobras portys anywhere either. I feel like a person that lived in foreign land only to come to a unrecognizable land I was once in lol

US Products is the manufacturer, and they private label and have different colors for different brands.. VersaClean was the teal color portables I saw at Jon-Don, now discontinued..

Reactions: NJ104

NJ104

Name
Juan
I wouldn't go more than 50' max on 2-2stages.. Start with hotter water and your heater will maintain the temp better.. I'd only use a wand and no rotary extractions with that portable..

I hope you aren't looking to leave it in the van and run it like a truck mount..
No I wouldn't.... I have seen people do that but I can not understand how they do it lol. One guy have a recoil in the van with separate heater (propain) I kept thinking how is he getting the vacuum to suck lol.

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
No I wouldn't.... I have seen people do that but I can not understand how they do it lol. One guy have a recoil in the van with separate heater (propain) I kept thinking how is he getting the vacuum to suck lol.

Propane heat is the secret to getting better cleaning faster while using a portable.. Electric heat is lame imho.. But if that’s all you got, work with what ya got..

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I have a PEX and I really like it when I HAVE to use a portable. It’s quite for a porty, and maneuvers easy. You can pack everything on it. I have a US Products King Cobra and rarely use it because it’s cumbersome. Ditto on propane heat being good. When I used my
Bane Ultraport, I used a little giant which made the Bane tolerable. It would smoke. Porty work is Hard Work!! I don’t hate it, as long as I’m not doing it.

Reactions: NJ104

NJ104

Name
Juan
I h
On 2-2 stage vac motors you will max out at around 25 ft. You really want a machine with 2-3 stage vac motors to run 50 ft.
I was thinking about buying a booster vacuum to be able to extend the hose but now brings in a new question. How far can I run the solution hose ?? Since I am coming back I am not going drop a lot of money on a truck mount not yet at least. In the mean time what is the max run on a solution hose?

NJ104

Name
Juan
Propane heat is the secret to getting better cleaning faster while using a portable.. Electric heat is lame imho.. But if that’s all you got, work with what ya got..
I was thinking about buying a booster vacuum to be able to extend the hose but now brings in a new question. How far can I run the solution hose ?? Since I am coming back I am not going drop a lot of money on a truck mount not yet at least. In the mean time what is the max run on a solution hose?

NJ104

Name
Juan
If dual vac---50ft max without a booster. 150 ft with booster at no more then 50ft before the wand.

NJ104

Name
Juan
On 2-2 stage vac motors you will max out at around 25 ft. You really want a machine with 2-3 stage vac motors to run 50 ft.
Even if I put a 2inch hose at 25ft then attach a 1 1/2 inch house to the wand will it still not be effective?
One more queston if I used a booster how far could I run a vacuum hose ??

Willy P

Name
Willy P
For more heat, Daisy chain a 1700 watt inline heater. I had 2 Kleenrite heaters, I liked them so much, although I rarely hooked up both. If you can find a Kleenrite Heatrite 2, snap it up.Both were dual corded and I replaced the 190 degree thermostats for 240 degrees. The fi For a booster, think about buying a 5 gallon machine and plumbing it for direct airflow. The bonus is you get 5 gallons of water to hook up your hydroforce.

Is it the Warrior that you have?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Even if I put a 2inch hose at 25ft then attach a 1 1/2 inch house to the wand will it still not be effective?
One more queston if I used a booster how far could I run a vacuum hose ??
The 2-2stage motors don't really develop enough airflow for 2 inch hoses. Using a booster will help. I have a Steambrite booster that screws on top of one of my portables. I could probably go 50 feet on that one. If I changed the hose Barb, it would make sense to use 2 inch hose all the way or with a short whip on the end.

NJ104

Name
Juan
For more heat, Daisy chain a 1700 watt inline heater. I had 2 Kleenrite heaters, I liked them so much, although I rarely hooked up both. If you can find a Kleenrite Heatrite 2, snap it up.Both were dual corded and I replaced the 190 degree thermostats for 240 degrees. The fi For a booster, think about buying a 5 gallon machine and plumbing it for direct airflow. The bonus is you get 5 gallons of water to hook up your hydroforce.

Is it the Warrior that you have?
Yes its a century300 ninja warrior 500. I don't need the heat because system I use is 5 gallon buckets with bucket heaters and ten out of ten the home openers heat is sufficient. Sometimes it too hot especially and not common but olefin carpets I turn the heat down. I would only need a vacuum booster since someone has told me that the solution line does not need boosters, that I can run 50 ft of solution line and be fine

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Solution hose your fine.. If running a booster, I'd run it at the machine and not inline.....Inline meaning between your vacuum hoses..

Anddddddd don't listen to blue bucket @Willy P .... :lol: My guy had extension cords on extension cords..

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yes its a century300 ninja warrior 500. I don't need the heat because system I use is 5 gallon buckets with bucket heaters and ten out of ten the home openers heat is sufficient. Sometimes it too hot especially and not common but olefin carpets I turn the heat down. I would only need a vacuum booster since someone has told me that the solution line does not need boosters, that I can run 50 ft of solution line and be fine
Watch your temperature going through your pump as it shouldn't be more than 140 I believe. I haven't had great luck with internal heaters as they cook the components and cause premature failure, usually to the pump. Vacuum motors for the Warrior can be a little pricey as they are proprietary, cat pumps from kleenrite are relatively cheap. I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but mytee could help with a vac booster. I ran portables for decades and had 3 Warriors, all 500 psi dual 3 stage, pumptec pumps puked in 6 to 12 months and I changed vac motors annualy. Good luck and look for work that is portable oriented, like high rise and secure facilities. There's money in them thar hills, now get to work!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Watch your temperature going through your pump as it shouldn't be more than 140 I believe. I haven't had great luck with internal heaters as they cook the components and cause premature failure, usually to the pump. Vacuum motors for the Warrior can be a little pricey as they are proprietary, cat pumps from kleenrite are relatively cheap. I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but mytee could help with a vac booster. I ran portables for decades and had 3 Warriors, all 500 psi dual 3 stage, pumptec pumps puked in 6 to 12 months and I changed vac motors annualy. Good luck and look for work that is portable oriented, like high rise and secure facilities. There's money in them thar hills, now get to work

NJ104

Name
Juan

Is it the Warrior that you hav

Watch your temperature going through your pump as it shouldn't be more than 140 I believe. I haven't had great luck with internal heaters as they cook the components and cause premature failure, usually to the pump. Vacuum motors for the Warrior can be a little pricey as they are proprietary, cat pumps from kleenrite are relatively cheap. I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but mytee could help with a vac booster. I ran portables for decades and had 3 Warriors, all 500 psi dual 3 stage, pumptec pumps puked in 6 to 12 months and I changed vac motors annualy. Good luck and look for work that is portable oriented, like high rise and secure facilities. There's money in them thar hills, now get to work!
Could you just install any vacuum motors I mean electricity is electricity right as long as the specs olhms amps current etc are the same what makes it not work ??

Name
jack zerkie
Yep used my porty today high rise no parking. Used my EDIC 2-3stage vacs and a heater on the outside of the unit.Started with hot water. Changed the wand jets to 2-110 -02 instead of my 2 -110-04 for my truckmount. Not easy but got it done. White carpet came out great. Sometime just have to go back to when I started 43 yrs ago. but still having fun.

Reactions: NJ104 and Willy P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom