Hose length on portables

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here is a pic of the Steambrite booster on top of one of my machines. You need to make sure you have the right size deck lid. I believe it's 6 inches. Adds a ton of vacuum making it easy to do a multilevel townhouse or house just adding extra hose. No, you can't leave it in your truck and pretend it's a truck mount. Switching out the hose Barb will let you add 2 inch hose and maximize the vacuum potential.

PXL_20240219_174544474.jpg

Reactions: Willy P

NJ104

Name
Juan
If you thinking of running a 25' vacuum hose, go with a 25' solution hose. If you have a 50-footer lying around, use it. You're not losing as much pressure with a distance compared to a vacuum loss, where CFM and lift are going to be lacking, because dual 2-stage motors are barely enough. If you had dual 3-stage motors, I'd recommend upgrading to a 2" vacuum hose, you'd get slightly better results even with a reducer since Ninja doesn't have a 2" vacuum port We can debate CFM vs Lift ratio based on hose diameter forever, but if you want to start, do what's best for you. If you have plenty of vacuum hoses, cut a custom length, let's say 15', this should give you a better suction.
P.S. I use a 2" vac hose on Edic Endeavour( 30') with good results ( twice a year🤣)
I just looked up that portable and one sight is selling the multi floor machine and two wands 12k I was shocked

Luky

Name
Mario
I just looked up that portable and one sight is selling the multi floor machine and two wands 12k. I was shocked
You can buy something comparable for less than 4k; don't believe everything you find online. Companies like to inflate the prices of equipment and tools when they can. I don't think we have a seller's market right now.

NJ104

Name
Juan
You can buy something comparable for less than 4k; don't believe everything you find online. Companies like to inflate the prices of equipment and tools when they can. I don't think we have a seller's market right now.
Thank you for the offer of the hoses but I think that the cost of shipping is going to be the amount I would pay at my local supply house just for the hoses lol.

Luky

Name
Mario
The covers over the vac motors look a little oddball compared to most units. They are in parallel. They are probably only 2-stage as you wouldn't have enough power to run anything bigger with heater in there. It may be possible to ditch the heater and install 3-stage vac motors, but I can't tell how difficult it would be without seeing the manifolds with the motors in place. If you did that, you would wire one vac with your pump and the other separately.
From the distance motors seem to be three stages, but even if they are two stages only, the diameter should be the same (5.7") if replaced with three-stage motors. The height might be a concern when shell is closed. The heater would be a dead weight if not used. Any electrician can redirect the wires. There is a possibility to replace 5.7s with 6,2s/ two stages; the amperage e wise would be the same with a 5.7 but a lot more efficient. I've rigged my Mytee Escape with bigger diameter the motors and had brackets fabricated to fit the existing holes. I still do have those brackets including the spacers and the screws. I got rid if all 240 volt motors which worked just fine on one phase in 120 V portable.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Luky

Name
Mario
Thank you for the offer of the hoses but I think that the cost of shipping is going to be the amount I would pay at my local supply house just for the hoses lol.
Yeah, it's possible. Shipping would be around $40-50, depending on weight. Buy some used ones in your area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom