Help me setup a Rug Shop

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Not happy. I have a water leak at the shop. Spent the day digging it up and trying to fix it with JB Water weld. It’s still leaking. I got here early and applied another layer. I was hoping this would work because it’s a T-joint I’ll have to rebuild. The Genius that installed my sprinkler system didn’t put any shutoff valves in so, I have not running water right now.

C709496F-B7DC-40B8-95EF-AB7E4272ED9A.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Macy and I go through cold bottled water like crazy. Its been a challenge keeping up with the demand for ice and also not having a refrigerator at the shop has sucked. I found a working fridge with ice maker on craigslist for $50. Got it back to the shop tonight and installed it. Its a super tight fit.
I had to pull off the bathroom door, door trim, hinges, and floor trim to get it to fit. Also had to pull off the counter top. I'll need to cut the counter top down 1/4” on my table saw. At least I got it in and working. Now to stock it with Macy’s favorite drinks. She likes the Propel flavored waters.

ACD1CDD2-900E-4A10-ABFB-173CAFBBE5BB.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Macy and I go through cold bottled water like crazy. Its been a challenge keeping up with the demand for ice and also not having a refrigerator at the shop has sucked. I found a working fridge with ice maker on craigslist for $50. Got it back to the shop tonight and installed it. Its a super tight fit.
I had to pull off the bathroom door, door trim, hinges, and floor trim to get it to fit. Also had to pull off the counter top. I'll need to cut the counter top down 1/4” on my table saw. At least I got it in and working. Now to stock it with Macy’s favorite drinks. She likes the Propel flavored waters.

View attachment 92970
So, when are you two moving in?

• Haha
Reactions: Fat Mike

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

View attachment 92970

You didn’t measure opening first I take it

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You know the real solution to this problem. Move somewhere habitable. That isnt 110 degrees. I guess it makes it easy to get dry carpets, but besides that it's kinda miserable.
Today was 107°. I try and schedule the jobs so we're done by 2pm, before the real heat hits. It's hard on the equipment and our bodies. It doesn't always work out, but I try. I had three jobs scheduled today but when we got to the last job, it turned out to be 1,500sqft of urine soaked vacant carpet. I rescheduled it for Tuesday. So glad I have my 55 gallon drum of Saiger's P-Lyme. I have about 45 gallons left.

This place is going to take me 5 hours to clean with all the Urnine decon I need to do. UGH! I do love that blue nylon carptet!

Brian K

Name
Brian Kraut
Heres a beginner rug clean question for you guy. Were do you all get your acidic acid from ? We've just been using fibers rinse like we do with our truckmounts but its definitely time to save some money and buy it in bulk for the rug plant. I really appreciate the feed back.

Thanks

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Glacial acetic acid - cheap - handle with care - dilute to suit
roro
p.s. haven't seen it in form Damon references below - we buy it in liquid form at 99% and immediately dilute it into 4 containers of getting a 25% mix. We find this helps avoid it turning into a solid block in colder weather conditions. When using we dilute further to get desired mix.

Last edited:
Name
Brad Gouveia
Glacial acetic acid - cheap - handle with care - dilute to suit
roro
p.s. haven't seen it in form Damon references below - we buy it in liquid form at 99% and immediately dilute it into 4 containers of getting a 25% mix. We find this helps avoid it turning into a solid block in colder weather conditions. When using we dilute further to get desired mix.

What is the desired mix?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
For a urine steeped rug we would go about 8%. We use a stronger mix for truckmount flush, from memory about 12% (away from office at the moment)
roro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom