Help me setup a Rug Shop

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think it’s funny that damon used a bonnet to scrub that rug. What happened to the black and white soft bristles or just a white pad?

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't how know!
Hit attach files

also your all in one se0 plugin is causing your site to crash
updating to newest version may work if they changed the requirements
but it is likely the php version on the server needs to be updated (Call to undefined function boolval() )

Last edited:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Too difficult to explain pricing to clients, also some of these "cheap" rugs require more effort than good old rugs. I have clients everyday spend more than they spent on a rug for cleaning because they like the rug and don't want to get a new one.

Very rarely do we get folks with the surprised "it's more to clean my rug than to just buy a new one!" Most people get it, we really don't care all that much what they paid for it, doesn't affect the effort required to do the job right.

I agree. Tried that when we had the Tm years ago it was a shit show. In reality, you are letting the customer dictate your service and the ones that really need a full wash opt for
a surface cleaning

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I assume the building is owned by you?

IMO.....Cut out and remove the concrete between the supports from front to back and run a trench drain perimeter with a drop 1.5" every 10' a collapsible pit makes some sense but
you can't see what's coming out of the rug urine, soil, or dye. If you are planning to make the area multi-use it saves the hassle of having to break down the and
set up the wash floor repeatedly. You would need to cut into a sewer drain or add a sump can't tell where your utilities run east or south from the diagram. Around here at least concrete isn't that expensive particularly in the winter our 20x30 wash floor was just over 3K included pulling out our old wash floor but that was 13 years

Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Got my helper in the rug pit today.

D94B8D96-CF38-452C-A61F-46DDA5FBE17A.jpeg

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Before you spend one more dime on tools and remodeling you need to get on the most important aspect of a true Washing facility completed.

The Greeting Room.

Take Candace with you and make a weekend shopping trip to San Francisco to hit up as many antique shops as possible, including a a trip to Haight Ashbury as well.

First on your list is beat up, moth damaged Serapi rug that's bigger than your Greeting Room floor. Roll it up to fit on the far end, that's very kitschy this week. This will be your biggest expense but the stories you'll be making up about this rug will be the most fun you'll have during this journey to Rug Fagdom. Fist fights with J Peterman, Sword fights with Indio Persian Harpies, a personal gift from Melania Trump, Robert Mann caused it to bleed and only you could fix it and so on and so forth...

Next grab some Middle Eastern looking Coffee and End Tables to show off the impressive rug book collection you'll be stealing from the SF Public Library. Don't worry, they won't notice for years.

3rd is very important, a pure white linen sofa, get it at the Ikea and toss the slip cover it comes with. Dump at least two gallons of a fiber protector on it and as you sit and reminisce about your travels abroad collecting fine textiles while holding hands with your new dear friends, you'll take the opportunity to spill some of your freshly brewed Kombucha that every new dear friend gets served, on the treated Linen to help sell the sizzle.

4th is any hippie store on the Haight to pick up some white cotton drawstring pants, a pair of Birkenstocks, along with a Hookah and one of those 8 ft tall blown glass bongs. And maybe a camel figurine.

Keep the Greeting Room simple yet worldly, maybe have one of your woman folk hand paint some clever sayings about the joy of parting with your money or how travel makes you a more insightful person. A quip from Dale's How To Blow Smoke Up People's Asses would be a nice touch too if you have the room.

Put up your rate cards, your legal warnings, especially the one about that The Damon is the one cleaning your precious woven art piece so there is a 75% chance that it will bleed, shrink or go up in flames, please sign here.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Before you spend one more dime on tools and remodeling you need to get on the most important aspect of a true Washing facility completed.

The Greeting Room.

Take Candace with you and make a weekend shopping trip to San Francisco to hit up as many antique shops as possible, including a a trip to Haight Ashbury as well.

First on your list is beat up, moth damaged Serapi rug that's bigger than your Greeting Room floor. Roll it up to fit on the far end, that's very kitschy this week. This will be your biggest expense but the stories you'll be making up about this rug will be the most fun you'll have during this journey to Rug Fagdom. Fist fights with J Peterman, Sword fights with Indio Persian Harpies, a personal gift from Melania Trump, Robert Mann caused it to bleed and only you could fix it and so on and so forth...

Next grab some Middle Eastern looking Coffee and End Tables to show off the impressive rug book collection you'll be stealing from the SF Public Library. Don't worry, they won't notice for years.

3rd is very important, a pure white linen sofa, get it at the Ikea and toss the slip cover it comes with. Dump at least two gallons of a fiery protector on it and as you sit and reminisce about your travels aboard collecting fine textiles while holding hands with your new dear friends, you'll take the opportunity to spill some of your freshly brewed Kombucha that every new dear friend gets served, on Linen to help sell the sizzle.

3rd is any hippie store on the Haight to pick up some white cotton drawstring pants, a pair of Birkenstocks, along with a Hookah and one of those 8 ft tall blown glass bongs. And maybe a camel figurine.

Keep the Greeting Room simple yet worldly, maybe have one of your woman folk hand paint some clever sayings about the joy of parting with your money or how travel makes you a more insightful person. A quip from Dale's How To Blow Smoke Up People's Asses would be a nice touch too if you have the room.

Put up your rate cards, your legal warnings, especially the one about that The Damon is the one cleaning your precious woven art piece so there is a 75% chance that it will bleed, shrink or go up in flames, please sign here.
Mikey, you ever think about getting out of the carpet cleaning racket and start writing novels?

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Mikey, you ever think about getting out of the carpet cleaning racket and start writing novels?

I want Mikey to speak at my funeral:

He can keep everyone laughing and in a state of shock when he reveals all the secrets I’ve shared that he’s promised to to keep to himself until I pass into eternal punishment.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I want Mikey to speak at my funeral:

He can keep everyone laughing and in a state of shock when he reveals all the secrets I’ve shared that he’s promised to to keep to himself until I pass into eternal punishment.
I’m not laughing.

Mikey P

Administrator
I’m not laughing.

when you finally come to your senses and start hacking out you rugs in the home again and that building turns into the Grow House it was always meant to be, you have permission to print out my greeting room story on big poster boards or better yet have Candice hand calligraphy it on the your new greeting room walls, where you sell edibles, ounces and pounds to your new dear friends..

Back
Top Bottom