BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I'm not putting any more sensors or chasing any wires until I figure out how to properly reset this ecu. The places I checked for fuel pressure on the fuel rail was right after the fuel pump before the map/regulator and it read 70psi. Then I checked after the map/regulator and it read 40when I turned on the key and immediately dropped to 32-35 while the engine runs

Damon, your fuel reading of jumping to 52 shows normal. My reading jumping to only 40 for less than a second is still lower than the required 41-47.

I'll report back once I know for certain it's reset. Then I'll be able to diagnose an accurate reading
Is it a Zenith?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok Matt, I don't wether to kick you in the balls or hug you. Anyway. I Pulled the plug and codes from my 870. The codes it gave me were 113, 2229, and 1156. Now the 870 manual has no listing for the codes 2229 and 1156. My guess is that the 113 code is causing the other two mystery codes to appear also. I was told by Scott Harlib that those are just ghost codes it throws out sometimes. But after researching a bit 1156 and 2229 are all relater to biometric sensors on other cars. My 113 code is for the Mass Air Flow sensor, so maybe I'll order a replacement.

As far as my plugs go, they look good, just old. I noticed that some of the porcelain is wearing off, so I'll replace them today with new ones.

B40C03FB-00B0-40DA-B880-FC255366E7D8.jpeg

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ok Matt, I don't wether to kick you in the balls or hug you. Anyway. I Pulled the plug and codes from my 870. The codes it gave me were 113, 2229, and 1156. Now the 870 manual has no listing for the codes 2229 and 1156. My guess is that the 113 code is causing the other two mystery codes to appear also. I was told by Scott Harlib that those are just ghost codes it throws out sometimes. But after researching a bit 1156 and 2229 are all relater to biometric sensors on other cars. My 113 code is for the Mass Air Flow sensor, so maybe I'll order a replacement.

As far as my plugs go, they look good, just old. I noticed that some of the porcelain is wearing off, so I'll replace them today with new ones.

View attachment 121015
I was correct, that plug shows very lean/hot burning. Can you find a manual for your engine, not your 870? THere's no such thing as ghost codes.

My thermal wave manual has no code charts either

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

View attachment 121015
115642361CL low gasoline bank1151
22291080BP high pressure234

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm assuming you have the Ford TSG416 engine on your 870?
Yes. I just pulled the MAP sensor. Looks like the O-ring was crushed when they installed it. Look how it's smashed. That would certainly cause an air leak. I ordered a new sensor on Amazon for $17.

8AD13400-61FD-4ABA-AA6E-C0F3296D2D38.jpeg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
Yes. I just pulled the MAP sensor. Looks like the O-ring was crushed when they installed it. Look how it's smashed. That would certainly cause an air leak. I ordered a new sensor on Amazon for $17.

View attachment 121016

but that is the tmap from the intake manifold right?

@BIG WOOD what is the part number you used for the one on the fuel manifold?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
but that is the tmap from the intake manifold right?

@BIG WOOD what is the part number you used for the one on the fuel manifold?
You are correct, that is the part on the intake manifold, not the fuel manifold. It's a different map sensor. What damon is showing is a TMAP sensor

FredC

Village Idiot
You are correct, that is the part on the intake manifold, not the fuel manifold. It's a different map sensor. What damon is showing is a TMAP sensor

what does the fuel pressure sensor look like?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I was able to find some information concerning resetting the codes manually. It doesn't look good:

The GCP ECM is Non Volatile Memory
This means that the Diagnostic Trouble Codes will not be cleared from the systems
memory by moving the ignition key to the OFF position and removing battery power
for at least 15 seconds.
This will not erase all of the Diagnostic codes stored in the computer memory
including the adaptive learn

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
ECM (Electronic Control Module) runs a diagnostic self-test and the test fails.
If the system continues to fail the test, the lamp will stay illuminated and the DTC is current (Active).
All DTC’s are stored as (Historical Faults) until they are cleared.
Reset 50 consecutive engine run cycles.
Default “limp home”

I don't understand what it means when it says reset 50 engine run cycles. does that mean it'll clear the codes if I turn the key on and off 50 times?

FredC

Village Idiot
I was able to find some information concerning resetting the codes manually. It doesn't look good:

The GCP ECM is Non Volatile Memory
This means that the Diagnostic Trouble Codes will not be cleared from the systems
memory by moving the ignition key to the OFF position and removing battery power
for at least 15 seconds.
This will not erase all of the Diagnostic codes stored in the computer memory
including the adaptive learn

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
ECM (Electronic Control Module) runs a diagnostic self-test and the test fails.
If the system continues to fail the test, the lamp will stay illuminated and the DTC is current (Active).
All DTC’s are stored as (Historical Faults) until they are cleared.
Reset 50 consecutive engine run cycles.
Default “limp home”

I don't understand what it means when it says reset 50 engine run cycles. does that mean it'll clear the codes if I turn the key on and off 50 times?
No similar to a ready test for emissions it means that it needs to run until each sensor test completes 50 times

ir will likely need to at least reach the operating temperature for a few minutes each of those cysles

These are historic faults (I think) though....do you get a MIL light for any length of time when starting the engine?

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
These are historic faults (I think) though....do you get a MIL light for any length of time when starting the engine?
No. But there is a very dim light showing while it runs. It’s not the normal brightness.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Any progress?
I gave up and took it to JD earlier this week. I've done all I can do. Once I found out that I can't clear the codes on my end, I was just throwing parts at it.
-Actually the codes were reset when I installed the new ECU on it, so technically the codes were cleared. So those 3 codes: 91, 134, 183 are accurate but we all know that one problem can cause weird codes to pull up. THat's why I gave up and put it in the shop because I was just out of ideas and tools

With JD, They are on day 3 and they're having trouble finding the low fuel pressure problem also. So no progress yet

Last edited:
Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The CAT is clogged. The exhaust is hotter going in than coming out.

There was nothing wrong with the fuel pressure. The computer read 50Apsi and the manual gauge read 35Gpsi which is correct. I didn't know there were 2 different measurements. It never specified it in the manual

FredC

Village Idiot
The CAT is clogged. The exhaust is hotter going in than coming out.

There was nothing wrong with the fuel pressure. The computer read 50Apsi and the manual gauge read 35Gpsi which is correct. I didn't know there were 2 different measurements. It never specified it in the manual

now I kind of feel bad for deleting a post...trying not to put too many things into the equation

pressure.jpg

we did ask about the CAT though

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I checked the CAT several months ago and misunderstood how to check the temp. I got it backwards😡

Reactions: FredC

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Damon you were right. THere's nothing wrong with the fuel pressure. I've been chasing an imaginary rabbit the whole time
-2 fuel pumps $250
-manifold and sensor $225
-Fuel lines $75
-2fuel filters $30
-ECU $1300
-Labor $1700
All could've been avoided
****!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why would sapphire/PSI/whoeverthefuckelse! tell us the pressure needs to be 50psi, and not tell us it has to be measured at Altitude 50 (A) instead of the Gauge 35(G)

Even Jondon didn't know the difference in the two types. Hell, they called me telling me they were confused because the computer read 50psi and the gauge read 35psi. I found that out through Scott Lombardi that there is a different measurement. Hell, I was very lucky to get in touch with him or they'd still be fking looking for an answer!!!!!

****!!!!!

Reactions: Mike J
Name
Nate W.
Do the trash idea.. You remind me of “those” who have a psychological smell, that only they can smell.. :headscratch:

Glad you found someone you’d listen to.. :cool:

I just like razzin ya Smatty boy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom