BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see 91 return after it completes test routine unless the o2 sensor an connector get replaced first
I'm not running it until that new sensor comes in tomorrow. I hope you're wrong

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm not running it until that new sensor comes in tomorrow. I hope you're wrong
Lol… why would you hope I’m wrong? The o2 sensor is possibly the root of this including the previous error. I explained why either in a post or pm

FredC

Village Idiot
that the o2 sensor is telling the ecu to lean things out and the maf/fps is giving a funky signal as a result

Although the usual reason for the 91 provided the maf is good is faulty wiring

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
The guys at NAPA told me today that an O2 sensor can raise all sorts of hell. In vehicles it will cause them to run poorly and cause terrible gas mileage.

I look forward to you figuring this thing out.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Bad head gasket symptoms
  • White smoke coming from the tailpipe.
  • BUBBLING IN THE RADIATOR AND COOLANT RESERVOIR.
  • unexplained coolant loss with no leaks.
  • Milky white coloration in the oil.
  • Engine overheating.
The engine overheating might be the only thing on that list. I measured the temp with a laser reader and the only hot spot was under the headers that read up to 285F. But...on the other side of the block it read 185ish-maybe200F. So I hope it was just from the overheated exhaust pipes causing it to read that high of a temp on the surface of the metal. Literally everywhere else on the engine was a good temp. During this headache, I constantly checked engine temp.

Another VERY GOOD REASON our lovely manufacturers need to put more gauges on these machines. Engine temp being one of them

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Bad head gasket symptoms
  • White smoke coming from the tailpipe.
  • BUBBLING IN THE RADIATOR AND COOLANT RESERVOIR.
  • unexplained coolant loss with no leaks.
  • Milky white coloration in the oil.
  • Engine overheating.
The engine overheating might be the only thing on that list. I measured the temp with a laser reader and the only hot spot was under the headers that read up to 285F. But...on the other side of the block it read 185ish-maybe200F. So I hope it was just from the overheated exhaust pipes causing it to read that high of a temp on the surface of the metal. Literally everywhere else on the engine was a good temp. During this headache, I constantly checked engine temp.

Another VERY GOOD REASON our lovely manufacturers need to put more gauges on these machines. Engine temp being one of them

that o2 sensor, at least from the pic, looks like coolant has been entering the combustion chamber....

head gasket is probably the best-case scenario for that. I guess it could have been replaced before and the O2 sensor not

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Installed the new o2 sensor on the exhaust header. I put on some antiseize on the threads to keep it from being a pain to remove and it started smoking at that location once it heated up. At low rpm it started bogging down like it wanted to stall, so I cut it off and read the code 134 again. I'll check the o2 sensor on the CAT this time once it cools down

FredC

Village Idiot
Installed the new o2 sensor on the exhaust header. I put on some antiseize on the threads to keep it from being a pain to remove and it started smoking at that location once it heated up. At low rpm it started bogging down like it wanted to stall, so I cut it off and read the code 134 again. I'll check the o2 sensor on the CAT this time once it cools down

It shouldn't be the one on the cat causing anything.

Was that a new code or stored?

Odds are it is just trying to remap. Clear everything, make sure everything like map/any vac lines is connected, and let it run for a bit.

FredC

Village Idiot
Ok. Yeah I forgot to disconnect the battery before this test

ecu needs reset

leave it disconnected for a while

or remove both cables and touch them together for a bit

expect some rough running at first (once warm) because it is learning...but should be minimal after reset

if it continues check voltages on o2 sensor...I've had some duds

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My o2 sensor came from oreilly. It was a walker brand. Scott helped me find out that the wiring isn't matching. I wasn't in the mood to cut and splice the wires so I returned this one and ordered the direct part o2 sensor from PSI. If the wires don't match up on that one, I'll cut and splice then.

IF I have to do that, is there a universal connector plug set I can splice these wires into?

FredC

Village Idiot
My o2 sensor came from oreilly. It was a walker brand. Scott helped me find out that the wiring isn't matching. I wasn't in the mood to cut and splice the wires so I returned this one and ordered the direct part o2 sensor from PSI. If the wires don't match up on that one, I'll cut and splice then.

IF I have to do that, is there a universal connector plug set I can splice these wires into?

It's a 4 wire heated sensor right?

you have two heater wires, a signal wire and a signal ground. What wasn't matching up?

and yes you can buy connectors....but the one from PSI is likely to be right

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's a 4 wire heated sensor right?

so you have two heater wires, a signal wire and a signal ground. What wasn't matching up?

and yes you can buy connectors
The grey and black wires needed to be diagonal from each other on the o2 sensor side. I left the paper in the van, but I can pull up the diagram online if you want me to

FredC

Village Idiot
The grey and black wires needed to be diagonal from each other on the o2 sensor side. I left the paper in the van, but I can pull up the diagram online if you want me to

not necessary if you've confirmed it

I'd have probably switched the pins or grabbed a 4 wire connector pack at the auto store

but I also almost always go with oem/direct fit O2s

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
o2 sensor installed and wired correctly. Still pull code 134 and fuel pressure isn't any better. Yes, I reset it before the testing

Someone suggest I put a o2 sensor spacer on the upstream one. I don't think that'll help but you know I'm open for options. I think they put a spacer on my everest right after I bought it. I don't know if that'll help my lean issue

FredC

Village Idiot
o2 sensor installed and wired correctly. Still pull code 134 and fuel pressure isn't any better. Yes, I reset it before the testing

how long was this test

are you sure it was reset....as in you confirmed in key on (I think you can do that)

134 would indicate that it is running open....which would be expected at the beginning of operation

I wouldn't expect a code that fast

have you checked voltages yet (o2 and fluel pump wiring)

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Wasn't able to check voltage.

And just to make certain I'm resetting it correctly, I just disconnect battery for about 5min. Do Ineed to turn the key on while battery is disconnected?

FredC

Village Idiot
Wasn't able to check voltage.

And just to make certain I'm resetting it correctly, I just disconnect battery for about 5min. Do Ineed to turn the key on while battery is disconnected?

by key on I'm saying verify that there are no codes stored before starting

if you have stored codes

touch the disconnected battery cables together for 30 seconds...should clear...maybe

FredC

Village Idiot
the important part is you are verifying stored codes are cleared

there is a chance you can't clear without the software link or have to wait for it to clear itself depending on how they are stored

FredC

Village Idiot
and I don't know how long it takes for it to perform all sensor test. I assume most don't take long

on the other hand, if you've ever had to go through the routine to get a car to be "ready" for an emissions check you know some can take a while........and particular conditions have to be met

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
by key on I'm saying verify that there are no codes stored before starting

if you have stored codes

touch the disconnected battery cables together for 30 seconds...should clear...maybe
Maybe it's not cleared because i just did what you said with touching the cables together for 30seconds, hooked up the battery, turned the key on and the code pulled up. I'm missing something now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom