question for other Sapphire 1200 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
David,
If I'm a distributor for major manufacturers (which I am ) it is my responsibility to support them with warranty issues regardless of where they were purchased.
Were you doing business with that distributor? You don't need to answer. Even if you weren't doing business with them what's a better way of gaining more of your business than helping you through the problem.
I don't think that it's the norm for distributors to jack you around just because you didn't buy the machine from them.

You have had a rough go for the last couple of weeks. It came to a head on Friday. It's Tuesday and it's all good!!
Enjoy your new Money maker.

Reactions: Mikey P

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think that lack of sympathy here was due to three issues:
1. You weren't running it on high with the most miserably cold winters we have had EVER(well worst I've seen).
2. We didn't know you had it put into a 4.8(not even sure who makes that), and I would suggest they don't do that again, EVER!
3. One of the bigger ones might have been that you bought a unit from a company 2000 miles away and have no mechanical ability( no dig on John)..

Actually I called and talked to TW at Superior today, and the guy is full of knowledge.. Just wish they were closer! I will be using them for everything I need for my current rebuild.

Glad to see everything was worked out!

Why does it matter that it's a 4.8? It's still a v-8 in the 280 h.p range. I believe my 2014 Chevy Express has a 210 degree thermostat. I wouldn't think his heat issues would be related to the motor size.
Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part because I plan on having a Cleanco installed in my 4.8 motored van.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've been more mindful of the extra blower heat produced by caping my suction hose because of this thread. I didn't used to worry about it much but recently I've been covering the suck hose while I spray with my hydro force and do notice a big difference. I went out yesterday in the Polar Vortex after prespraying (granted, limits flow) and found the trusty Cleanco to be producing @ 220 degrees. That's more than enough heat for me. In the Spring, I will probably go from a 6 flow wand to 8 flow and see how it performs.

The Clean Machine

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
David,

I am glad to see your problem is solved. These types of after sale issues can take up a lot of your time and energy.

Ron

Name
BradFenstermaker
We want to sea pics of QD burns later today.

Russ I usually always atleast keep my vac hose on the wand while pretreating. I run Propane but Greenie instilled in me the safety of not having open vac laying around for safety.

190-220 is all I need most dayz

Reactions: Russ T.

Scott Rogers

I love this contradictory bullshit. You want the people who frequent this place to support the board sponsoring vendors, then when they do you give them shit for buying 2k miles away. LMAO.

He supported a board sponsoring vendor and a board sponsoring manufacture, You guys should be singing him praises not bashing him!
He spent a lot of money on a new machine, he shouldnt have to and would be foolish to attempt any fix on this himself, including burping the damn thing.

Mikey P

Administrator
Scott I would ask anybody here to do something I wouldn't.

and I would never buy a 25k piece of equipment that I know NOTHING about 2000 miles away when I could buy one locally.

I truly do appreciate Dave's support and was excited that it would all work out for all three parties but it was insane to think the perfect storm was not going to hit.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

and I would never buy a 25k piece of equipment that I know NOTHING about 2000 miles away when I could buy one locally.

I truly do appreciate Dave's support and was excited that it would all work out for all three parties but it was insane to think the perfect storm was not going to hit.

On the other hand, people buy Butlers without any local support for thousands of miles in any direction, and they are a very similar, albeit slightly inferior, machine. So it really isn't without a looong established precedent, especially for Dave who has, I believe, owned Butlers.

Reactions: hogjowl and GCCLee

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Our local distributor complains and drags his feet every time one of our Butler's goes in to him. He can't get over the fact that he didn't get "that" sale.

Yet we buy everything else we can from him. :icon_rolleyes:

Mikey P

Administrator
and I bought a Butler, Vortex and a Aerotech, but I expect to tighten loose bolts, burp exchangers, fix leaks. loose wires etc in the first month or so. Nature of the beast. If I were not comfortable or felt that I was being ripped off for doing so, I'd buy a machine locally and bring it there for every adjustment.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

Scott Rogers

So you never bought a butler? never bought a Judson? Was your Vortex built and sold locally? How about that AT? Hmmm convenient memory loss.

The only perfect storm I saw was the drama from all the people criticizing Dave in this thread.

After all these years of reading post from you on this and other boards, Im very surprised and disappointed in the responses you personally posted to dave. Maybe you should go back and read some of your old Vortex post, especially the ones right after you decided to voice your opinion on Shawn.

IMO, dave was bashed in this thread. And I certainly will think twice about any purchases from board sponsors in the future. After all, If I develop a issue I can plainly see I wouldnt get any help here tech or otherwise. Only smart ass responces that I was foolish buying so far away, or maybe I should work on it myself after spending thousands and potentially void any warranties.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
IMO, dave was bashed in this thread. And I certainly will think twice about any purchases from board sponsors in the future. After all, If I develop a issue I can plainly see I wouldnt get any help here tech or otherwise. Only smart ass responces that I was foolish buying so far away, or maybe I should work on it myself after spending thousands and potentially void any warranties.
Scott if you want to slam Mike, slam Mike but I don't think he was bashed by the board.

It was more that some of us would not have made the purchasse recognizing there could be a service problem. Now I'm no genius, I've found out the hard way when skipping the local for an out of town distributor with a mower.

I thought there was plenty of helpful posters with genuine concern in helping David. :confusedd: I don't think he should have been the one bleeding the air only because he admitted he wasn't handy with tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

Administrator
that I know NOTHING about

being the key words.

I believe Dave did not do his research on the 1200. He never went and cleaned with one in a real situation. His would have found that with the 4.8 is not the flame thrower it claims be and would have prevented all this.

For you to say this board does not help it's members resolve problems with ANY advertising vendor, supplier or manufacture is ridiculous, you are being a drama queen with that backless statement.

and to be honest, if it wasn't for me personally stepping in on this issue, Dave would still be sitting there with his luke warm dick in his hand.

Reactions: GCCLee

Mikey P

Administrator
and I bought a Butler, Vortex and a Aerotech, but I expect to tighten loose bolts, burp exchangers, fix leaks. loose wires etc in the first month or so. Nature of the beast. If I were not comfortable or felt that I was being ripped off for doing so, I'd buy a machine locally and bring it there for every adjustment.

I guess you missed this Scott.

apology accepted.

Mikey P

Administrator
On the other hand, people buy Butlers without any local support for thousands of miles in any direction, and they are a very similar, albeit slightly inferior, machine. So it really isn't without a looong established precedent, especially for Dave who has, I believe, owned Butlers.

Yes and Butler and AT are set up to help the owner directly. SS is not staffed for one on one interaction with it's buyers.

F

FB7777

The entertaining part of threads like this is the opportunity for individuals to assess a situation using their own biases they brought with them before the even read what happened

Very common for people to jump to conclusions , myself included ,

If you are familiar with the history of the " bashers" you can predict which side they will choose, often regardless of all the facts

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
"On the other hand, people buy Butlers without any local support for thousands of miles in any direction, and they are a very similar, albeit slightly inferior, machine. So it really isn't without a looong established precedent, especially for Dave who has, I believe, owned Butlers."

Art you are correct only difference was I just had pick up the phone and call Butler Corp and I was able to get some help. I assumed it was the same this time around but lessoned learned like I said, My fault. New company no track record I didn't do enough research like Mike said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom