question for other Sapphire 1200 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey P

Administrator
One of the lessons to be learned her, and no offense to Dave what so ever, If you buy a Blue Slide in from a supplier, the supplier is your first and hopefully ONLY contact point to get issues resolved.

If you want one on one interaction, you have plenty of other choices.

If I had to buy a new machine today to single wand with it would be the Pro1200 in a 6.0 box van.

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
and to be honest, if it wasn't for me personally stepping in on this issue, Dave would still be sitting there with his luke warm dick in his hand.

I got absolutely no dog in this fight...but Mikey, if that's the case then that sheds a pretty bad light on SS... Because what if another brokedick had some issues with his brand new tm and you weren't there to personally step in.... That makes one think about buying from a board advertiser like SS.

But I guess now most of them are advertisers anyways...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I believe Dave did not do his research on the 1200. He never went and cleaned with one in a real situation.
His would have found that with the 4.8 is not the flame thrower it claims be and would have prevented all this.

Why would a 4.8 liter truck engine not produce plenty of heat ?

New high MPG vans coming to the U.S. will be smaller in size.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
I got absolutely no dog in this fight...but Mikey, if that's the case then that sheds a pretty bad light on SS... Because what if another brokedick had some issues with his brand new tm and you weren't there to personally step in.... That makes one think about buying from a board advertiser like SS.

But I guess now most of them are advertisers anyways...

His issues would have been dealt with, just maybe not so fast.

Lets try and pretend how this would have gone if he had been able to buy local..

Reactions: Zee

FredC

Village Idiot
Looks like it does Larry....just not at the same settings of the 6.0.........

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Why would a 4.8 liter truck engine not produce plenty of heat ?

New high MPG vans coming to the U.S. will be smaller in size.

Larry

Finally, I'll add a notch keep em coming Tex

This oughta throw some good fuel on the fire : )

Name
BradFenstermaker
The 4.8 engine should of been brought up before it was installed dont ya think??

Dave just ordered it. Seems the other parties might would of caught the engine difference.

There guy helped install it.

Maybe SS didnt do there research either. Does Chevy only make 1 engine for the cargo serie's?? 6.0

Mike thats great you jumped in, what ever you did.

Butt tit aint all Dave's fault.

Post after Post seem to all point to Dave as the problem here. IMO

Scott Rogers

Its doing fine? look at the pressure guage. If thats all you can run to keep that heat then something is engineered wrong. That machine should be able to maintain 220 @ 500-600 and atleast a 6 flow. Not 300psi.

Dave what is the flow rate on your wand?

Hopefully they will get all the kinks out of this NEW machine so Dave can get some return on that large investment.

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Tom McLaughlin
6 flow 450 psi and still 210-220

Excellent news to hear Dave, I'm glad you got the service that you deserved.

You know, we've got mostly 4.8 engines on our fleet trucks, they run just fine, lots of heat, even when cleaning tile floors at 1000 psi.

The Vulcan post heater derives heat from the vacuum blower, higher RPM and load produces more blower heat of which the Vulcan post heat exchanger captures, it's free heat without any extra fuels, that's what our company likes to run. We've been running the Pro-1200 for years, and Sapphire made a quantum leap when they upgraded the system after they purchased it from White Magic.

All in all, glad it's all resolved, you won't need any service on the machine for a very long time now! Best advice, get yourself a nice pair of mechanics gloves, you'll need them when the weather warms up, ha! Yeah, you can dial down the heat with a control switch on the console, but it's rare that any technician dials down. :)

Name
BradFenstermaker
Great to hear its maintaining at various psi.

You may have to go Dance with Wanda and show her some real love.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
6 flow 450 psi and still 210-220

Sounds great! That's about where I am on the Cleanco. Tell your techs to cap the suck hose while prespraying and they WILL notice a difference. I've done it the last few days as a result of this thread and definitely get improved heat! I'm sure that Sapphire will make you lots of $!

The Clean Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom