PMF Mach12 Titanium wand loaner program

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Well, I have now used this wand several times, residential and commercial. Here is my small non Saiger like review:

Wand is very light. Airflow on 12 foot 1-1/2 whip actually seemed very good and felt strong but I dont have a Saiger suck tester and once under vacuum seemed to feel a balance for cleaning. Jet pattern on the carpet seemed very even without streaking however, I did have overspray slightly and more on the left side but not enough to warrant me adjusting yet. On more plush carpets all seemed well and I was really dry stroking extra just getting at use to the wand so i did not notice any issues. Once I got on commercial carpeting I quickly realized this wand is far from balanced. As I was cleaning I had to hold the handle up by about three inches to get a seal on the carpet which instead of a 45 degree horizontal angle I was closer to a 60 degree angle otherwise all the air was being sucked in from the front of the glide thus making drying useless. In case your wondering which glide this unit has its the two piece. The extra length of this wand made it difficult to clean in tight areas as anyone who uses a ti alreay knows and this was worse. I will say that i did like the 1-1/2 tube and less cramping and numbness in the hands was nice but i have never liked the V800 valve.
This want has potential but honestly the glide is not ready for primetime.

If this wand was the length of either of my ti wands, had a soft touch valve, and a better glide that was built to properly fit it would be a great 1-1/2 wand. For me I will have to pass knowing that if these issues get addressed I may visit this wand again.

Reactions: Russ T. and SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Got the 12 inch PMF wand from Dan, it's long and light like Mike's pocket book.

Seriously jets look to need some adjustment I moved the handle to the correct position. Which is the correct way for me.

Above image is PMF Mach 12 next to a prochem ti.

I wouldn't use the 2 inch adapter either.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.jpeg

Do the jets look slightly off also not enough sheer from the way it sit now. I'll try it like this then adjust it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
View attachment 14592 View attachment 14593 Got the 12 inch PMF wand from Dan, it's long and light like Mike's pocket book.

Seriously jets look to need some adjustment I moved the handle to the correct position. Which is the correct way for me.

Dude, give that prochem ti a freaking bath!

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
View attachment 14592 View attachment 14593 Got the 12 inch PMF wand from Dan, it's long and light like Mike's pocket book.

Yea, the handle has to be loosened and turned to fit in the box. As far as the jets i never adjusted anything from the way I got it. try it exactly how you got it then tweak on it and report back

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.jpeg

It cleans good and suction is solid, here's why there's more of an opening for airflow then say 14 Ti with holes. It lifts the carpet, and is cool to use.

I cleaned a burbur with it and need to raise the wand up to create a better seal like Dan said.

On piled carpet it's not so bad no noticeable leakage.

My 2 young guns are afraid they're going to accidentally throw it through a wall. But the like it.

With the slot it's got bite, I don't think a holed or hybrid glide would work well with this wand.

Just like I didn't like a glide on my AW29 when I used that.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I've been using this wand almost every day for the last 6 months. I have a few nit-pick complaints but absolutely nothing substantial.

The manifold/bracket/adjustment design is innovative but not perfect. Expect to do a little tweakage.

I also love the Valve. I bought the group buy Soft-Touch valves with plans of switching this one out but have changed my mind.

Are you guys that are having vacuum seal issues using the flat glide or round glide? With the flat 2-piece glide I have to drop the back end of the wand down to about knee level while cleaning to get it to start breaking the seal.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When did the round glide get put on this wand? Does anyone have some pics of just the glide? What about the mach15? does it come with a round glide now?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Wear that 2 piece out and order the metal lips and new PMF round glide for that wand.

Why would I do that if that is what guys are having vacuum seal problems with?

Or is that the 2-piece round glide?

Did PMF settle on a production model glide moving forward? Or are they going to offer both the 2-piece flat and 1-piece round?

So many questions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom