Is the IICRC still in business

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The only way to make it work is if it really mattered.
Been both certified and a certified company for twenty five years. I can count on one hand (no need for all the fingers) how many clients I got through the IICRC and or the certificate.

Yes, marketing wise, it can land a little legitimacy in the eye of the unknowing consumer.

It will matter when people know about it and respect it. Something that was never accomplished.

Oh. I got a few DuPont warranty calls through it. Yippi.
They wanted to pay $50.00, needed a long report filled and took their sweet time to pay. No. Those "free" clients never became long term clients.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The only way to make it work is if it really mattered.
Been both certified and a certified company for twenty five years. I can count on one hand (no need for all the fingers) how many clients I got through the IICRC and or the certificate.
Yes, marketing wise, it can land a little legitimacy in the eye of the unknowing consumer.
It will matter when people know about it and respect it. Something that was never accomplished.
Oh. I got a few DuPont warranty calls through it. Yippi.
They wanted to pay $50.00, needed a long report filled and took their sweet time to pay. No. Those "free" clients never became long term clients.

Nicely said Ofer.

Now they just have to deliver what they used to do right:

Provide timely notification of exam results, bill for existing certifications in a clearly understood manner, and communicate with registrants (the customer) in a prompt and courteous manner.

There are employees of companies who have raises that are withheld until they have their passing scores confirmed, and in some franchises, business owners who can't move ahead with their business opening for business until such scores are received.

I can only hope that they can fix this issue promptly and rebuild their relationships with those who still find value in their certifications and overall relationship with the IICRC.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I carried the card on me for years.

Then one day I thought about what it would look like if I were in an accident and they went through my wallet. I'm a cleaning geek but damn I don't want other to know I carried a card. :winky:

Oh by the way to impress you other geeks, I'm #286.
fordfairlane_zpsoel80r7b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'll just do like the degree mills do. Make up my own accrediting organization and give myself a any certification that I want.

Get some fancy sticker and slap them babies in the trucks. Problem solved!

Reactions: Travis Sonderegger
Name
Brad Gouveia
So after email them as ask i got a promote response I mean with in 6 hours of how I can arrange payment for my dues as there web store is broken but that is the only thing they have answered me on. I am still waiting to hear from about the other questions I asked them.

The other question I asked was about my CEC. I was under the belief attending connections/experience shows counted for CEC. I look at my account and I do not see it. I been having my card scanned and sign papers at these convention for years to find out it was for nothing. Who do I talk to about this?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So after email them as ask i got a promote response I mean with in 6 hours of how I can arrange payment for my dues as there web store is broken but that is the only thing they have answered me on. I am still waiting to hear from about the other questions I asked them.
SEE all you bastards leave them alone! ;)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mike, The only way an alternative organization could fill this gap is if it recognized the certifications already attained and then built on them. I have no interest in starting this unfulfilling nightmare over. I will survive without any certification.

There is an alternative - ICRA. Just getting started but very ambitious. Many who were/ are instructors and volunteers for IICRC saw the problems and started an alternative organization to correct many of the short-comings.

They will grandfather in certifications obtained form other sources and allow you to build on them.

If your company is a member of a grade association, you may even be part of ICRA and not realize it. Several trade associations give their members membership (not certification) in ICRA as one of their benefits.

For more information see www.icrassociation.org

If you want to change things - Get involved!

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
There is an alternative - ICRA. Just getting started but very ambitious. Many who were/ are instructors and volunteers for IICRC saw the problems and started an alternative organization to correct many of the short-comings.

They will grandfather in certifications obtained form other sources and allow you to build on them.

If your company is a member of a grade association, you may even be part of ICRA and not realize it. Several trade associations give their members membership (not certification) in ICRA as one of their benefits.

For more information see www.icrassoication.org

Scott is a little off on the website. Here is the correct site.
http://icrassociation.org/certification/icra-certification

http://icrassociation.org/

Last edited:

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield

For more information see www.icrassociation.org

From what I understand the difference between the 2 organizations is that the ICRA actually tests the students for competency rather than teaching to past the test.

Reactions: J Scott W

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Reactions: J Scott W

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Here is some info on the ICRA's new program as laid out by Barry Costa;

Certification – You Now Have Options
Recently, the industry has been asking for another option for certification. The International Cleaning and Restoration Association (ICRA) is now offering certification based upon written exams (cognitive assessments) in addition to their Performance Assessments as part of a new “Comprehensive Certification Program.” A group of industry leaders have been working on this new program since the beginning of the year.
ICRA will recognize (grandfather in) your certifications
If you have any certifications listed on the ICRA Certification Recognition Program webpage, ICRA will accept a copy of your certificate or ID card as a basis for issuing you an equivalent ICRA certification. No need to take another class or exam. Certifications from other certifying bodies, not listed on the website, will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Certification Recognition Program
 ICRA will “grandfather” your certifications from other certifying organizations at a flat fee of $40.00 regardless of the number of certifications that you have. No requirement to attend another course or take another exam.
o Information regarding certification recognition can be found at: http://icrassociation.org/certification/icra-certification
ICRA Schools and exams
 ICRA has registered 32 schools that are interested in offering ICRA certification exams. These are well known and respected schools and instructors that have been teaching in the industry for years. For a list of schools that are participating go to: http://icrassociation.org/certification/icra-registered-schools-2
Your Company can become an ICRA Registered Firm!
 Your company can register as an ICRA Registered Firm for $129. The ICRA Registered Firm program offers many benefits including discounts on programs and membership. The program is recognized by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) as well as other related industry groups.
 To apply as an ICRA Registered Firm go to: http://icrassociation.org/certification/registered-firm-application
If you have ANY questions concerning ICRA certification or filling out the online forms, please do not hesitate to call ICRA at (916) 736-1100 x 307. If you prefer, you can email ICRA at info@icrassociation.org.
We ask for your understanding and patience as we further develop this massive program. There is a lot of work to accomplish.
Much more to come!!!
Barry Costa
2nd Vice President
ICRA Assessment Board Chair

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Interesting.
I see how much $ my checks need to be and where it needs to be sent to.

However, I still don't see anything in that description as to what they're going to do to promote the public awareness and for the benefit of the certified individuals and companies.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ofer

With the understanding as always that I'm far from an apologist for the IICRC.....more like a kind and understanding apostate who isn't bitter about having spent this time among them....I'd like to say this:

In my view, it shouldn't have been the task of a certifying body to promote public awareness, it should be a task of a trade association. But, in due respect to its founders and early leaders (my father included), they really weren't sure what they were.

Later, they did decide to create a separate association, but at the same time came the massive turn over in board leadership and a new management company, as well as the competitive offering from ICRA.

Once the smoke clears, some party, the IICRA or ICRA or a third party, will need to find the magic formula (and massive amount of money) needed to promote public awareness of the need for professional cleaning.

I hope that day comes. This industry needs this recognition, and it mostly deserves it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom