Is the IICRC still in business

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have to find my test receipt for my odor control class i took, but not impressed that i havent got my results back or heard anything form the IICRC. I shouldn't have to hunt down the IICRC to get what i paid for.

Reactions: J Scott W

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
once i turn it back into them and give them three weeks, and dont receive any word, results, or feedback, then i will call the bank and have them pull the money back from the IICRC for the class test, and mark it up as a fraudulent charge as i never received what i paid for.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Tired of getting taken to the bank for things that are over priced

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Scott I feel your pain but over priced is not one of them. We are underpriced as far as a certification body and education stand point. It cost me over 4k to send my spray shop manager for 4 days to go and learn to spray our linings and he didn't even get a certification. We are the only industry I know that you can earn 6 figures and spend next to nothing to do it. I suggest anyone that thinks our industry education is overprice go talk to plumber or electrician and see what they make then go talk to a doctor and ask him what it cost him to earn his 6 figures..We are UNDER PRICED for what our return is and that is why the guvment is going to come knocking to "help" us out.

F

FB7777

If you need help connecting the dots you can borrow these... Then it becomes crystal clear

image.jpg

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i ment in general, not specificly iicrc

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Sine a large number of cleaners aren't on the forums, I wonder how many are completely unaware of all this?

Name
Lonnie McDonakd
A mass amount of concerns have been voice by a staggering number of Firms. Only to be met with partial truth which to most equates to misinformation verging on outright lies.

So many that it clogged the communication channels at IICRC.

Do they know the small portion I have shared.......

Absolutely not.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
By starting this thread I had hoped to start some kind of dialogue between the registrants and the IICRC. We had tried on several occasions to make contact, with no reply. After this period of time I think it is safe to say that this organization is of no value under its present leadership. I would have thought it would be worth their time to respond, but no response no ( check in the mail) if you understand my drift.

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
By starting this thread I had hoped to start some kind of dialogue between the registrants and the IICRC. We had tried on several occasions to make contact, with no reply. After this period of time I think it is safe to say that this organization is of no value under its present leadership. I would have thought it would be worth their time to respond, but no response no ( check in the mail) if you understand my drift.

Pretty amazing thread Ron; with more than 4000 views and 200 plus responses. Obviously people care about what has been going on and are pretty frustrated. Understandable. Here's an option;
If you are going to the Experience Convention in Las Vegas, come by the ICRA booth with a copy of your certificate or you certification ID card and have your certifications grandfathered in.
· ICRA will “grandfather” your certifications from other certifying organizations at a flat fee of $40.00 regardless of the number of certifications that you have. No requirement to attend another course or take another exam. The ICRA will also print out your new ICRA certificate and ID card while you are there. No need to wait weeks or months.
If you can't make to Vegas you can get it done online. http://icrassociation.org/certification/icra-certification

Last edited:
Name
Lonnie McDonakd
Jim
Thank you and ICRA for your gracious offer and filling the gap in caring deeply about Firms, Regustrants and Instructors.

Thank you for creating the type of Education we pressed for at IICRC.

I will be at the Experience showing my support of the Education.

Look forward to your success

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Last edited:
Name
Lonnie McDonakd
I wanted to add another piece of clarification.

Metacred only observed KCI for a few days.

Certainly not enough time to learn the complexities of an organization as complex and vast as IICRC.

Further when the offers of experts from KCI to stay and assist in the transition or comeback when the transition was failing ....those critical folks were told they were not needed.

Transitions are designed to be ..an orderly
"b :a movement, development, or evolution from one form, stage, or style to another"

Tossing aside the most knowledgable experts from the former company certainly speaks volumes

Reactions: ronbeatty
Name
Lonnie McDonakd
Good question Ron.

Let me temper my answer by saying I was not there when it happened.

I was there in the initial discussions and the reviews of what KCI was being paid. Everyone had concerns about the amounts vs certain areas.

The push from Tony was to get someone new. Actually the push was simply to get rid of KCI and Tom specifically.

If it was simply money then sure there were areas where KCI made large amounts money for very simple things like selling a Standard but As time progressed Tom / KCI continued to be negotiated down on the amount he was paid so in my mind that area became much better. I was not involved in those discussions.

The selling point as I understand it fir Changing Mgt Companies was to secure a company that was an experts in certifications and standards.

I did not review any of these or vote on them as I was gone by then.

Last edited:

LeeCory

I have not been on the message boards in a while. I was in Las Vegas at the convention and am very surprised to see that the iicrc is dead.

All I found was their sign up sheet at the icra booth. Which I am now a member.

Ridiculous

Reactions: Mikey P

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
Lonnie-

Thanks for bringing these issues into the limelight. Hopefully, at some point in the future, it will create a useful dialogue.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Where's Harry Hyde'ing??

He appears terribly conspicuous by his absence.

:yoda:

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
I have not been on the message boards in a while. I was in Las Vegas at the convention and am very surprised to see that the iicrc is dead.

All I found was their sign up sheet at the icra booth. Which I am now a member.

Ridiculous
Hey Lee, Glad you were able to re-establish your certifications through the ICRA. ICRA certifications are consistent with and similar to IICRC certifications, but it should be noted that the ICRA has no connection with or affiliation to the IICRC. There are six regional associations that make up the ICRA. If you choose to join one of those local associations you are then a member of both your local association and the ICRA. While there are benefits; you do not have to be a member of an association to hold an ICRA certification(s).

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
This thread with over 4,000 views reminds me of a gruesome accident scene. You know you don't want to look at the blood and the shards of glass and twisted metal, but you just can't help yourself. The flashing lights and the twisted wreckage just draws you in. What you witness is grotesque and pitiful. And as you move away from the sight you wish you'd never laid your eyes upon it. Yet as you drive away you know that life does go on. And in a similar way our businesses and this industry will continue - long after the demise of the IICRC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom