Wish me luck sending out 80,000 postcards

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Re: Wish me luck

Ken Snow said:
Dave~ card is part of a deck card grouping that goes out in celophane with 15-30 others. No post office marks on the individual cards.

As for the price I doubt he paid anywhere near 4,000 and very likely not even half that.

Ken

Correct and correct.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Steve Toburen said:
Well, Brian, I can't think of anyone better than "Mom" to answer your phones. Hopefully you have several lines and you may need to get her some help. You can only hope to have this type of "problem" ...

Best wishes,
Island Boy

PS Even Mom's can brush up on their technique. Have Mom e-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com for a script on how to nail those pesky-price-shoppers-who-really-aren't-but-just-don't-know-what-else-to-ask-callers.

OR ask your Mom to send me her phone script. I have no shame in steali ... err I mean "learning from the best". Heck, I've even ripped of lots of stuff from Yeadon, which is really "low". Get it, "low" as in Yeadon is a bit vertically challenged. LOL I am so funny. Oh well, gotta go cut my mother-in-law's grass.

I have already emailed you and recieved the script, thanks.
I quickly went over it and liked it alot. I need to go back and study it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

admiralclean said:
I just hope the poor dude gets enough new business to afford to buy a new set of shoes. Those clod-hoppers he's wearing in that picture look like something I'd slop pigs in.

Lol, that's not me.
As stated earlier the pics are stock.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon

I think Ken would rather hit the racquetball or the Karaoke circuit.

Steve Toburen said:
Ken,

I sure hope you never decide to do the seminar gig. :) With the real life experience you bring to the table Big Billy Yeadon and I might be out of a job! And Bill, unlike me, is waaaaay too old to go back to pushing a wand!

Island Boy

PS Seriously, Ken, thank you for unselfishly sharing so much of your business knowledge on the boards.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

LOL - Thanks Steve and Bill's scenerio is really more likely, racquetball & singing plus reading a couple books a week are my real passions after Hagopian (I might even say before). I did go back and fix all my typos and really need to read what I type before I hit send. My ADHD causes me to type too fast and I am too impatient to check most of the time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

They were sent to the post office on Aug 18th...it is the 22nd.

Nothing yet. Not an inquiry.

Not too worried at this point. Not many calls on Friday ever so I don't expect today...except for those "I need it today" calls.

Figure if it's gonna happen, it will happen on Monday or Tuesday.

We'll see.

With that said, I do have jobs today and tomorrow. They said they got me from the Internet. I will re-check as always because the cards have my web address on them and they might have gone there after and then TOLD me Internet.

Just thoughts on this whole thing because I know customers just don't remember or care sometimes and I am trying to track all jobs.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Good point, Brian, on the difficulty of tracking EXACTLY how and WHY people decide to call you. One of the great ways to fool yourself (or let the YP guy do it for you) is to ask your client where they got your name and then you obediently write down "Yellow Pages".

Sure, that is where they FOUND your phone number but very likely the REASON they picked your name or even better SEARCHED for your company's phone number was based on a mixture of many impressions over the previous months or even years.

This is an interesting real world marketing test for everyone here, Brian, and even better because it is on your nickel! Thanks for including us.

Steve

PS A better "tracking question" is to say, "May I ask why you chose our company?" We found this question got a much better and more thoughtful repsonse during our Quality Check Call the day after the cleaning. We preferred not to muck up the booking call with too many unnecessary questions.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Wayne Miller Wrote:
It's not so much luck as it is commitment. Marketing, just like equipment and education, is an investment in your business. Whether we see an immediate payoff or not, when we keep at it, it will certainly come back to us further down the road.

Probably one of the best pearls of wisdom people that most will never listen to.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Steve wrote
PS A better "tracking question" is to say, "May I ask why you chose our company?" We found this question got a much better and more thoughtful repsonse during our Quality Check Call the day after the cleaning. We preferred not to muck up the booking call with too many unnecessary questions.

I like that idea, I will try it out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Jeremy said:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Wayne Miller Wrote:
It's not so much luck as it is commitment. Marketing, just like equipment and education, is an investment in your business. Whether we see an immediate payoff or not, when we keep at it, it will certainly come back to us further down the road.

Probably one of the best pearls of wisdom people that most will never listen to.

Yup, that's why I said I would give it a year or so.

My internet ad works better and better over the months
I have two today and tomorrow, all from the internet ad.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Odd, our phones are slammed fridays, because people get paid, and feel like spending money.

Yea, Ohioins are real party animals I guess. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Well crap.
My TM took a dump today. I hope it is an easy fix on Monday. It would be just my luck to have a hundred calls and no way to clean them.
Pray for me.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Maybe an OP macine or bonnet cleaning until the TM is fixed.

-JB-

Name
JB

This is all fine and nice, but for crying out loud could we please get some advice from a "guru" 'er sumpthin'

:roll:

T?

:|

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Thanks Jeremy.
My matador will have stay in the garage.
I will contract out if I can't get the TM fixed right away. Better to make half the money then not any at all.

Not to mention no wear and tear on the TM, no gas, no chemicals...feels like Bonnet cleaning. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

So nothing so far from the post cards sent out. I am not worried, I know some customers will hold them for a week or better. I just wanted to keep this experiment updated.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C

Steve Toburen said:
Good point, Brian, on the difficulty of tracking EXACTLY how and WHY people decide to call you. One of the great ways to fool yourself (or let the YP guy do it for you) is to ask your client where they got your name and then you obediently write down "Yellow Pages".

Sure, that is where they FOUND your phone number but very likely the REASON they picked your name or even better SEARCHED for your company's phone number was based on a mixture of many impressions over the previous months or even years.

This is an interesting real world marketing test for everyone here, Brian, and even better because it is on your nickel! Thanks for including us.

Steve

Great point Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just asked that question today and found what exactly on our website she liked instead of her just saying "the web".

We are listening, keep them coming.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen

Yeah this is a great thread, thanks Brian. It might take a week or so. I tried 100 free trial offer cards about a month or so ago and just got a call today and it was expired. I honored it anyway of course. You just cant know by the first day or so.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I tried the "May I ask why you chose our company" and it worked like a dream. She googled us and went to our website. She liked the pic of the kid and she called. She laughed after she said it...cause of the kid I guess. That was the most info from a customer I've ever gotten from this kind of question. I usually ask "how did you hear about us".

Thanks Steve.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

By the way,
Not a thing as far as customers from those post cards and yesterday was a week.

I recieved a few letters from the company. One was to state that the cards were printed, one that the cards were sent to the post office and then I got a sample pac.
They said the cards get sent to the main post office, then to the area post offices and then to the homes. It isn't first class mail of course so it isn't a next day thing.

No worries as of yet.
The sample pac looks awesome and I feel good about being in the same ad group as some of the other companies. I have heard of these companies and they are respected and target the high end homes as well.

Stay tuned.

Greg Loe

If the cards went to the po on the 18th, and it takes a week for it to get distributed, then they just got it this week. You should start getting some calls now and more next week.

Best of luck Brain, I'm hoping for you. :D

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Thanks Greg,
Well nothing yet.
Don't get me wrong, I am plenty busy right now. I am tracking all my calls and even confirming when I get to the properties.
I would get the actual card I would think since it has some specials on the back.
11 days since they were on there way from printing.
Hmmm.. still not worried but maybe a little impatient?
Maybe.
:?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Ok,
I just got my first call today from the postcards...and of course booked it :mrgreen:

Seems like a pretty minimum job...3 rooms but they have some pet urine issues so the price will surely go up.
I sheduled it for tomorrow...Saturday.
I will let you know how it works out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Woo Hoo!!
Just got another one. Another 3 rooms but will probably have her tile done as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Damn,
I just scheduled another one for tomorrow.
4000sqft house.
She just got the card in the mail today and wants me to come look at her house
This postcard thing just might be working.

Name
Bruce

That's 80,000 , but it has to start somewhere. Brian I know you are tracking this , could you keep a running total of how many calls and how many jobs booked out of those calls for us?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom