Trinity phoenix review

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Used my Phoenix for the first time on a commercial job doing condo hallways. 28 hallways in 6 hours for $2000. In the past I have done this building with my Sprayborg. The Phoenix is still light enough that I can pick it up and load into my van but it could use some type of handle on the shaft to make it easier. The power cord is half the thickness of the one I use on the sprayborg but in use, it does not get hot and is sufficient for the amperage of the motor. The pad driver grabs the microfiber pads firmly yet they are easy to take off or flip. The pump sprays well but I would like to see a shut off valve to prevent dripping as it ages. The Sprayborg has one. The Phoenix seems to rotate faster than the Sprayborg and feels more aggressive when cleaning. Cleans somewhat faster than the Sprayborg. All in all, I am happy with the machine. I have a $4000 job in March that I will be using it on, that more than pays for the machine and I am currently looking for more similar buildings. Great money maker. I will give it a thumbs up.

PXL_20210217_183448153.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
A ball valve between the out going elbow and the pump?

I agree that would be helpful cuz if you let the siphon hose hang it drains out you have to regrime it I'll talk to Trinity about doing something like that but in the meantime I'm sure you have plenty of brass and a old Bob Foster approved ball valve sitting in your junk collection that you can splice in there

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A ball valve between the out going elbow and the pump?

I agree that would be helpful cuz if you let the siphon hose hang it drains out you have to regrime it I'll talk to Trinity about doing something like that but in the meantime I'm sure you have plenty of brass and a old Bob Foster approved ball valve sitting in your junk collection that you can splice in there
I am thinking of adding a quick connect with a spray gun attached with a short curly airhose so I can spray corners and edges and brush. Looking to attach a telescopic brush to the machine for those areas. Here's a pic of the sprayborg.

PXL_20210218_230046799.jpg

jeffexe

Name
jeff
I just came across this post. Can you give me an update on the sprayborg and Trinity machines now that you have had them for awhile. Thanks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just came across this post. Can you give me an update on the sprayborg and Trinity machines now that you have had them for awhile. Thanks
Both are good machines and are well built. They use the same 2.5 gallon jugs. The Trinity is faster with a larger orbit and the up and down tamping action. The Sprayborg is a little quieter. Both will do a great job but the Trinity does it faster

Reactions: jeffexe
Name
Nate W.
Besides the eracer/padman machine being 3phase with a transformer to single phase, is there any different in the cleaning of the Phoenix vs Padman? I know weight is greater too on the Padman..

I’ve heard from couple different sources that the Trinity line up is faster in cleaning no doubt but also wears on your body.. The vibrations get transferred to your hands/elbows/body VS the HOS/Vibe..

Mikey P

Administrator
Besides the eracer/padman machine being 3phase with a transformer to single phase, is there any different in the cleaning of the Phoenix vs Padman? I know weight is greater too on the Padman..

I’ve heard from couple different sources that the Trinity line up is faster in cleaning no doubt but also wears on your body.. The vibrations get transferred to your hands/elbows/body VS the HOS/Vibe..

My Spyder with its stainless steel frame vibed like crazy and after an hour my hands would go numb to Phoenix. On the other hand is a slightly shorter swing arm and it's regular steel frame leads to me never thinking about the vibes.

The good news it, the vibe action can be turned off.

The Eraser would clean maybe 10% faster, but its been discontinued

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My Spyder with its stainless steel frame vibed like crazy and after an hour my hands would go numb to Phoenix. On the other hand is a slightly shorter swing arm and it's regular steel frame leads to me never thinking about the vibes.

I've cleaned for 4-5 hours continuously with the Phoenix with no problems.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Nate W.

So the PadMan is no longer made? I was a under the impression the Eracer turned to the Padman with a lighter frame.. Going from 200+ pounds to 168 pounds..

Name
Nate W.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's cheaper to buy a Gumpy and this

Name
Nate W.
It's cheaper to buy a Gumpy and this

Okay, so besides weight, why would one choose the Grumpy over the Phoenix? I ask because I'm looking to speed up/cut time on a few larger commercial jobs I do.. I don't like to straight encap with the Cimex, so I use my Vibe to at least remove some soil..

I assume using the microfiber and cotton pads TOPS supplies is the best pads to use that don't fall apart? What's the life span of said pads under a TOPS machine?

Mikey P

Administrator
Okay, so besides weight, why would one choose the Grumpy over the Phoenix? I ask because I'm looking to speed up/cut time on a few larger commercial jobs I do.. I don't like to straight encap with the Cimex, so I use my Vibe to at least remove some soil..

I assume using the microfiber and cotton pads TOPS supplies is the best pads to use that don't fall apart? What's the life span of said pads under a TOPS machine?
The extra weight of the Grumpy (which has the same motor and drive plate size as the PHX) will do a few things:

Clean (grind dirt ala's Cimex) dirt in faster if you use just a 3M fiber pad, and possibly absorb dirt into bonnets a tad faster.
Less vibration to your hands.
Extra weight compatible. (gym plates)

Reactions: Nate The Great

Mikey P

Administrator

Too many variables for anything remotely close to an accurate hard number of longevity but with transition strips, laundry and storage techniques, starting with a dry vs starting with a wet pad, smooth nylon or stiff olefin, pile vs loop etc..
Expect to spend $ 200-300 a year on pads if you use the machine a few times a week is my best guess. Compare that to gas for your TM or juice for your HF and it's a screaming bargain. Especially if you use PadCapPro 4X concentrate.

Do you want a green PHX with Hibiscus Flower wrap?

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom