Tired of getting hosed?

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Here's a mod I've been using on all machines for quite some time now. My water softner builds up an air head and i hate getting wet removing my hose,so for less than 10 bucks i came up with this, its a quarter turn 1/2" hose bib with a female garden hose fitting installed on the end. Now i hear some of you saying "I just hard plumbed a valve on to my hose", to that i say cool, but what do you do not if , but when it breaks? I just unscrew this and continue working and fix or replace it when convenient it stops me from getting sprayed when removing the hose and aids in keeping it inside of the van dry, however you do have to have it together enough to turn both it and the hose bib on and off

20221203_125943.jpg 20221203_125952.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've never seen a van/TM customized with wood siding ...:icon_razz:

I have something similar/same on my "homeowner" grade pressure washer.
(cheap pump on the bottom)
Ran a hose from pump and zip-tied to handle up top w/1/4 turn valve .

Don't have to Ben Dover now, and can also shut off supply, squeeze the trigger and purge the pump pressure when re-starting or putting away

..L.T.A.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I turn off the water source before I begin the cool-down process to relieve the pressure.
Sure a little water still drains out.

ImperialCC

Name
Jason McCurry
I've never seen a van/TM customized with wood siding ...:icon_razz:

I have something similar/same on my "homeowner" grade pressure washer.
(cheap pump on the bottom)
Ran a hose from pump and zip-tied to handle up top w/1/4 turn valve .

Don't have to Ben Dover now, and can also shut off supply, squeeze the trigger and purge the pump pressure when re-starting or putting away

..L.T.A.
Pic please

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Pic please

it's just garden hose I cut to length and I put ends on so i didn't have to get on my knees to hook up hose .

I screwed a quick disconnect on to the male end too

IMG_2904.JPG

and it looks like I lied unknowingly though.
The shut-off is on the garden hose

IMG_2902.JPG

..L.T.A.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
The shelf is a mixing table bought it because it was really cheap for what it is. it was 19.99 on legends surplus shed marked down from 189.00. As for the drag wand, my machine is set up with 2 chemical tanks,and a selection valve
i clean every carpet twice. First i clean and dry using an emulsifier and an rx20, after that i switch to a rinsing agent and clean and dry again with the drag wand . The rotary cleans well but doesn't dry worth a shit and the drag wand drys well but doesn't clean worth a shit so between the 2 i get the carpet not only clean but dry and most importantly residue free

20221206_132259.jpg 20201019_151359.jpg 20201019_162938.jpg 20201019_172111.jpg 20201019_172908.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Nate The Great

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
What is the shelf on the door for and about.

I not see a drag wand or a cmx-20 in 15 years.
it's just garden hose I cut to length and I put ends on so i didn't have to get on my knees to hook up hose .

I screwed a quick disconnect on to the male end too

View attachment 119634

and it looks like I lied unknowingly though.
The shut-off is on the garden hose

..L.T.A.
I see now, my valve just on the other end of the hose, you still get soaked removing it. If you put the valve on the other end of the hose and leave the quick connect where it is you'll have the same setup as i do less the reel. If i take all my hose off the reel it's connected with a 3/8 quick connect. If there is any problem with the supply system ie: hose reel swivel. Water softener, retractable hose reel ,water pond auto fill ,etc etc i can bypass everything and plug the hose directly into the machine and keep a goin

20190131_175751.jpg 20220723_190331.jpg 20220917_125204.jpg 20220723_135953.jpg 20220723_190313.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Nate The Great

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I see now, my valve just on the other end of the hose, you still get soaked removing it. If you put the valve on the other end of the hose and leave the quick connect where it is you'll have the same setup as i do less the reel. If i take all my hose off the reel it's connected with a 3/8 quick connect. If there is any problem with the supply system ie: hose reel swivel. Water softener, retractable hose reel ,water pond auto fill ,etc etc i can bypass everything and plug the hose directly into the machine and keep a goin

i don't GAS about all that, Dwain

Jason asked for pic of my pressure washer
(maybe he meant to quote someone else?)

anyway, I'd rather have my fingers slammed in a car door than to go back to CC'ing
(i hate cleaning my own)

You do damn nice work though
It's proper!

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Dwain show a pic under your van hood how the sepentine belts are set up.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
You lost me somewhere ,my hose is 125' on a live reel, i only reel out the hose needed

Flexilla is my choice for pump out hose. No reel for that, but it coils so nice even in cold temperatures.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Im a goodyear hose guy at heart. I went flexzilla on frankinstien for the color after all frankinstien was a green monster. Found with flexzilla you have to be careful about laying it out especially the waste pump hose it kinks pretty easily and its rough outer surface is a challenge to keep clean and looking good but pulling it thru a wet towel as im reeling it ineach time seems to do ok how it holds up is yet to be seen i have Goodyear 1/2 supply hoses that are 25+ years old and with the exception of a new end every now and then are in great shape . The main vacuum hose also gets cleaned with each use but that is an automated process with the hoser mounted on the back of every truck

20221006_100327.jpg 20221121_104750.jpg 20221121_104744.jpg 20200423_145932.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom