The Apex Vs. The Titan 575...Which one would you choose?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Kevin Fine the "Other" Prochem rep, the nice one! @laura@prochem He had an Everest running there in Atlanta.

Matt did you get a chance to use it on the test carpet? That puppy was screaming hot and had killer vacuum and it was 150 feet away. :cool:
No, I never got a chance to test the everest. It'd be a toy for me. I'm probably about 10 years away from needing something that big, but it's a fun thought

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
The Everest 650 is way over kill for a single wand, total waste of it's potential..

I have an Apex and most of the problems I have had with it were my own fault(changing things because I know better then the engineers:hopeless:)..
I think I will continue with buying Apex truck mounts, the Peak is a great truck mount also..

I might change brands if they continue being sticker Nazis though.. Rough losing a complete Prochem backer to a f'n sticker, right?

For a guy ,or anyone to take a unit, and do a complete refurbish(lots of money), and get cut short perfection by a f'n sticker!

For example:
https://mohave.craigslist.org/bfs/5522784913.html

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Keith I never too you for a pussy. :winky:

Go big or go home! Everest!!! :biggrin:
I'm already home. Haha

Seriously though, I've been messing with my friend's titan575, and I'm DONE with the air cooled 2cylinder engines. Those things Vibrate and are so much louder than the Titan or Apex's motor. I feel like I'm operating a smoother, more comfortable engine.

Keep in mind, this is my 3rd truck mount that I currently own. My first being a prochem Legend, 2nd Amtex crap, and third my current boxxer XL. All three have one thing in common...the air cooled 2cylinder. They're so much louder than that 3 cylinder kubota.

I don't understand why these engine manufacturers don't make their air cooled engines a smaller 3 cylinder. I'm sure it would be a lot smoother

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think its a very good idea.:cool:

It is a normal progression for some, air cooled is cheaper and makes sense initially.

However if your usage is high or if you have the foresight to look at longevity, then liquid cooled makes much more sense.

Uhhhhh fook those little lawn mower engines. :winky:

Seriously though, when you business is dependent on those machines running (any brand) why wouldn't you choose liquid cooled. The up front investment will be well worth it down the road.

Of course that's just my personal experience. With 4 Fookin decades of behind it...but I could be wrong. I often am.

Jussst not on this one! :winky:

:biggrin:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya I have 2 trucks and if I duel I need both trucks there. I think a Everest 650 or a 870 would be great with two 8 flow 12inch wands and 100 feet of hose each.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ya I have 2 trucks and if I duel I need both trucks there. I think a Everest 650 or a 870 would be great with two 8 flow 12inch wands and 100 feet of hose each.
It is nice to be able to split up for little jobs also.. It would be nice to duel wand, but flexibility is huge! Tomorrow and all this week we will be using both trucks to do halls and stairs at some big apt. Complexes. I have some other jobs to do as well, so it's nice to be able to split off when needed.. I don't see duel wanding being very efficient if you don't have a third guy pulling hose, filling prespray, and being a gopher.

We were so busy last week I left my wand on a job Friday (2nd time in 12 years, and I needed the day to go perfect)..:evil:

I'm not sure how we are going to make it through this week! :dejection:

Reactions: SamIam and susclean

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'll still have 2 trucks just not need both to duel wand with the bigger units.

My 405 is paid for 3 more payments on the van and one 570 payment so I'm under a grand and soon to be under $500 a month.

I could just keep doing what I'm doing but I can get a transit on a friends and family deal from an employee discount. And Rich said I could buy the 650 he wins for cheap.:icon_rolleyes:

Reactions: Able 1

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You couldn't clean one house (maybe one room) if I took the glide off while using my Peak.. I'll fly you up here, if I can take a video to post here? Then we will follow up with a video of you running like the wind..

I cleaned for years with a PC quad wand in low setting open faced wand the Ti on high settings without a glide is doable You'll feel it.

I really don't think either machine PC 650 or Apex at the end of a 100 foot hose run would be any different. I think the 650 shines with a second hose and at that point with 2 wands your not getting the same bite as with one wand. You need a A/T for that I'm told.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Keith keith KEITH! I AM MIGHTY!

But I appreciate the free trip offer.

Can we make it around Football season include some Bears tickets and a hotel room?

Oh, get dirt cheap hotel. I'll sleep in yor bed, you sleep in the hotel. :winky:

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'll still have 2 trucks just not need both to duel wand with the bigger units.

My 405 is paid for 3 more payments on the van and one 570 payment so I'm under a grand and soon to be under $500 a month.

I could just keep doing what I'm doing but I can get a transit on a friends and family deal from an employee discount. And Rich said I could buy the 650 he wins for cheap.:icon_rolleyes:
I have been thinking about the transit also.. Last year was equipment year, this year is the house, next year might be a transit. I haven't had a payment in a long time, but my '05 has the rust cancer, and I have to put her down(only 117,000mi)..:(

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom