Starting my own business.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So selling my truckmount to go over to encap is worth reconsidering?
I can see starting a business cleaning commercial carpets using encap only. Lower startup costs, get a op machine or Cimex and a good vacuum/pile lifter and you're off to the races. Big jobs out there that you can clean quickly and efficiently with fast dry times. You will need a portable extractor for upholstery and office partitions.

Mikey P

Administrator
This guy does (At least with bonnett. I am not sure what products he uses.) and people on Yelp love him- https://www.yelp.com/biz/red-rugs-carpet-cleaning-san-francisco?osq=carpet+cleaning

A few of his customers have some sense...

As much as I really want to continue his 5 star rating, the cleaning turned out quite badly. Our somewhat white rugs became very gray and his technique was not good for the rugs. It essentially ruined our fairly expensive RH rugs. Fully not satisfied with the experience unfortunately. Lesson learned.

Jon was able to quickly provide an appointment over the weekend and was punctual. However, he used a portable cleaning equipment which doesn't do deep cleaning. My carpet did not feel clean at all after the service. It was wet for hours. A day later, I used my vacuum to clean the carpet and it sucked out more dust and dirt.

Very nice guy and very reasonably priced which seems to have got him a lot of 5 star reviews. The quality of his work is not very good though due to the simple fact that his machine is not a deep cleaner. He basically sprays some cleaning agent on the top of the carpet out of a hand held sprayer and then runs his machine over it. All his machine does is dabs whatever he sprayed on the top of the carpet off. I was very unsatisfied with the result and I rented a carpet cleaner from Safeway for $29 and re-cleaned the carpet myself. The water that came out of the carpet was black...

Really nice guy and the price couldn't be beat. But in this case it seems I got what I paid for. Portable units just don't clean carpets as well as truck-mounted, and he uses a small portable.

I like John: He is punctual, diligent, and very professional.

It is just that the job he did was so/so on the rugs. I would probably use a steam cleaner next time.

there are still plenty of marks and some deep stains left.

I dont know if it was his old equipment or lack of special solvents....he just did not do it for me.

On the plus sign he is a dead ringer for John Waters ala pink flamingos.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

RUGSCKER

Name
Nate Reid
Following Dot "." because this should be fun.

Welcome.......Get a truckmount ASAP.

Edit: I just saw you do mostly High rises. Have you given any thoughts of owning a hotdog cart in the park?
HAHA. The hot dog carts are sketchy in seattle. They are always surrounded by drunk people. I would way rather clean carpet.

Reactions: Nomad74

RUGSCKER

Name
Nate Reid
I can see starting a business cleaning commercial carpets using encap only. Lower startup costs, get a op machine or Cimex and a good vacuum/pile lifter and you're off to the races. Big jobs out there that you can clean quickly and efficiently with fast dry times. You will need a portable extractor for upholstery and office partitions.

I am just getting into dry cleaning and currently using cotton bonnet with Rayeon, and encap solution.

RUGSCKER

Name
Nate Reid
You have high-rise buildings in Seattle without elevators?

Yes we do! There are allot of buildings 3-6 stories that do not have elevators.

We like the cfx because it is easy to carry up the stairs. Well easier I should say compared to the ninja extractor we just bought.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes we do! There are allot of buildings 3-6 stories that do not have elevators.

We like the cfx because it is easy to carry up the stairs. Well easier I should say compared to the ninja extractor we just bought.
I sure wouldnt want to live in a six story bldg without an elevator. The cfx is a good machine for that kind of operation. At my age, I would be turning down those jobs. If I can't do it with my truck mount or you don't have an elevator, too bad. However, if you like that kind of work, you might want to contact some of your competitors and offer your services. I would refer to someone like you, rather than turn down the job

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
Dont "encap" homes..

Bad for your soul.

The brushhead 360i is a must have for the machine if you plan on servicing slobs.

A crb and a Conway wand would be my suggestion
I say he get him a yellow scrub brush for agitation builds character..... instead of that damn crb we can't have wimps on this board ,,,can we ?

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom