Stair$

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I’d tell you what I charge if I was insecure about it.
Insecurity has zero to do with it. It’s just part of a carpet cleaning business forum. I sure ain’t doing this crap for free. I’ve appreciate when people talk actual price. Otherwise how would any of us know. Not everyone reads or contributes to cleanfax anymore. I have breakfast with some other local cleaners frequently and we always talk about fees for services. But if you want to act like you have some superior pricing system and you need to keep it close to chest, whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Insecurity has zero to do with it. It’s just part of a carpet cleaning business forum. I sure ain’t doing this crap for free. I’ve appreciate when people talk actual price. Otherwise how would any of us know. Not everyone reads or contributes to cleanfax anymore. I have breakfast with some other local cleaners frequently and we always talk about fees for services. But if you want to act like you have some superior pricing system and you need to keep it close to chest, whatever.
Who cares what hogman charges? Not me. That idiot vacuums on every job

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am $3-5 per stair.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Oh yeah, hot humid morning in Bar stair steam. My spa. Not my prespray, this is from all the residue of the mopped floors.
View attachment 123594
They did come out nice. $100 extra for gum removal.
Before
IMG_8076.jpeg

After

IMG_8113.jpeg

During
IMG_8108.jpeg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
To update the PMF 1530DBL is my go to now for stairs. It is saving me a lot of work and the results are stellar. Absolutley the perfect stair tool on larger stairs, and also for cubicle offices with tight desk areas, its the main wand. Just gotta bend a little.

On smaller residential Ive been using the 1530DBL on the treads, and switching to the 6" PMF stair tool for the risers and stair nose.

Cut my time in half, better results, win win.

MikeyP knows....

Mikey P

Administrator
To update the PMF 1530DBL is my go to now for stairs. It is saving me a lot of work and the results are stellar. Absolutley the perfect stair tool on larger stairs, and also for cubicle offices with tight desk areas, its the main wand. Just gotta bend a little.

On smaller residential Ive been using the 1530DBL on the treads, and switching to the 6" PMF stair tool for the risers and stair nose.

Cut my time in half, better results, win win.

MikeyP knows....

Which Glide?

Luky

Name
Mario
I am $3-5 per stair.
Thank you for the transparency. I figured out that quoting per set of stairs has a better " sound" than charging per step. I changed the price per set of stairs to $80, which brings the price per step to $ 6.7(a lot of houses have 12 steps to a staircase.
When I get a scenario of eight steps, landing, eighth steps,
it's $100 and so on. My point is that customers will rather take my reasoning about how much time, effort and
' expertise' is vested in cleaning their matted, beat-down steps than hearing they have to pay almost seven bucks per one. I believe it's a psychological aspect of the sales pitch.
It works well for me.

Luky

Name
Mario
I charge $75-95 and clean the riser if needed.

How much do you chrge for a Lazy Boy? Which takes longer?
I can't help but on commercial grade carpet, I use my two jets PMF 802 with a tube sitting on either side of my shoulders for added support. It works perfectly for me, it's shorter (5'9") weighs just a little over 6 lbs, and doesn't cause any fatigue or back pain.

20230728_120955.jpg 20230809_151853.jpg 20230809_122743.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Thank you for the transparency. I figured out that quoting per set of stairs has a better " sound" than charging per step. I changed the price per set of stairs to $80, which brings the price per step to $ 6.7(a lot of houses have 12 steps to a staircase.
When I get a scenario of eight steps, landing, eighth steps,
it's $100 and so on. My point is that customers will rather take my reasoning about how much time, effort and
' expertise' is vested in cleaning their matted, beat-down steps than hearing they have to pay almost seven bucks per one. I believe it's a psychological aspect of the sales pitch.
It works well for me.
I agree 100 %

and a staircase is a lot bigger than that sofa that most charge $125ish for..

Brian H

Name
Brian H
What happened?
He thought he was putting eye drops in his eye and it turned out to be super glue. Apparently he wasn't the first person to have ever done this and they were able to remove the glue without any permanent damage. His eyesight had been failing prior to that and the containers did look similar.

This same guy was using aerosol spray butter on chicken he was grilling, except it was stainless steel cleaner...

He was a successful business man, multi millionaire just had eyesight issues.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
He thought he was putting eye drops in his eye and it turned out to be super glue. Apparently he wasn't the first person to have ever done this and they were able to remove the glue without any permanent damage. His eyesight had been failing prior to that and the containers did look similar.

This same guy was using aerosol spray butter on chicken he was grilling, except it was stainless steel cleaner...

He was a successful business man, multi millionaire just had eyesight issues.
I wonder how the chicken tasted?

Luky

Name
Mario
$500 for less than 2 hrs cleaning. 15 years plus here. Key was waiting for me for over a month. Sunday is my only day for these, tennants come in Thursday.
Been working every Saturday and most Sundays. Come July I take Wednesdays off and do not work Sundays. No choice now.
It's amazing how our industry works; you can make very nice money in a relatively short time with less effort and your next job is the opposite, you spend more time on the job for whatever reason, and in the end, you realized that more effort and resources were needed than you initially thought. It makes you wonder...🌝
Lightly soiled carpet, easy access, vacant house, and no bodies on premises make our job a pleasant experience, still, we do our magic, but with less disruption. No disruption means better production time and that converts to higher profits. If our life was that easy😮‍💨

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom