somedays.............

Chris A

Name
Chris
rctpks said:
:shock:

Americans sold it to me, does that count? :mrgreen:

OK my last four lawn mowers had B&S motors, but they didn't last, so I bought the honda. It has the quad blade too (well it use to) so it cuts nice.

You'll love this all my slide in's have the Nissan powerplant!

I only like to buy it once, even if it costs more.

I hate buying cheap, it always costs more in down time.

My 1984 John Deere Tractor has a 12.5 HP Kawasaki motor, probably has 10,000 hours, summabitch just won't die...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My uncle sells Bobcats and had a Ford/New Holland tractor he was trying to sell me, the FORD/NEW HOLLAND compacts are rebadged SHIBAURAS, he says they last forever.

I need one but am too cheap to spend the money. By the time I get a mower, bucket and drag box I'm into it for nearly the cost of the new Bobcat Compacts.

I might have to wait until next year.

77546251.jpg

TimP

I have to get a new starter put on my van. At least my mechanic got it going so I could get my jobs done today.

I did a job this past weekend and was extra careful or atleast I was trying harder than normal to make sure everything was done to perfection. This was a commercial tile job. I had two helpers on the job site. One of the guys moved a little freezer and never pluged it back up. Luckily the kitchen staff caught it the next day when they did inventory. And one of my helpers damaged a small piece of wood floor by srubbing the edge where the tile and wood meet with a buffer and blue nylon brush. While I am busiting my ass to get everything done, some things you can't prevent come back to get you. The owner's son called to come back to look at the wood floor, and after seeing it I told him I would get it fixed. I also said we originally agreed to do the job for a thousand and that is what they were going to pay me to do it in the first place, but I came back after we were halfway through and said I was only going to charge him 800. I asked him if he explained to his dad that we knocked 200 off the total. His resonse was it doesn't look good with the freezer and the floor. I guess I am paying for the floor. We even moved stuff we should never have moved. I guess that is what happens when you try to go above your means and do the best job.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Jim Martin said:
it just does not pay to get up......

broke one of the brass water lines on the star of the RX-20

dropped my glasses and broke the ear piece..

Pulled my lunch box out of the truck and the handle came loose and it hit the ground and broke both hinges on the lid off....

Finished my last job and noticed oil dripping from the bottom of the truck.....Some how I blew the rear cover seal on the blower.........

and to top it all off...I left another &%*#@$! roll of sticky tabs at someones house.....

I think it is Miller time......
For me its Miller time the night before that causes the day like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimP

Steve in Omaha said:
.I left another &%*#@$! roll of sticky tabs at someones house...

The one thing I consistently leave behind.
That's one reason I don't use them. Second they don't stick well enough for me.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
AHHHHHHHHHH SOB!!!!!!!

went through the day (night really) went back to my last job to put on a last coat of wax, AND THE FOOKIN FUEL PUMP WENT!!!!!!!!!!

had to call the wife at 1 am to come and get me...(only about 20 mins away)

grrrrrrrr

T

The Magician

Dirk check the float to see if it has water in it. Also check the rod on the float its probally bent that won't let it shut off.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Today was mine to top a crappy week, rained every damn day here at all times of the day all week.

Sent my guy to get our legend up to speed at jon don. I go and do a small repair and try to go to two nice estimates. 40 miles from home, blow a tire on the AT. Drive it slowly back to town to get four new tires and an alignment. No estimates, and spent 10 times more money than I made today. Love it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom