Sapphire upholstery pro

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just received my new Sapphire Upholstery Pro today. So easy to use compared to the Rotovac Shear-dry. Liking the clear head. Actually looking forward to my next upholstery job. Always fun to play with new tools.

PXL_20230518_182105241.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've used about every tool made in the last....ouch....50 years.

This tool is not perfect, but it surely is my favorite.

Here's why:

Lightweight: The old Prochem tool feels like a boat anchor in comparison.

Clear head: This is a bigger deal than some might think: This allows you see how much moisture AND residue are left. This tool changed some of my training techniques when I saw that it is nearly impossible to remove a shampoo preconditioner from fabric without overwetting it. I switched to encap products for most of my neutral pH preconditioning after that.

Rounded glide: Velvet and chenille fabric are not left nearly as distorted with this tool. The amount of time grooming and softening needed after cleaning natural fiber textures is much less with this tool because of that feature.

Things I'd like to see improved: The solution control valve is to easily moved around during use, even with the cover. A tighter valve should be used on the tool. I also liked the 1.25" vacuum hose used on the Prochem and Kleenrite tools better than the 1.5" hose they use on this one.

What I don't think they can do anything about is the fact that it isn't as easy to use in tight areas as, say a "HyDry" tool is. When I clean for "friends and family", I have a 3.5" one that I use for those areas, or I just use encap and a towel, depending on the fabric and soil level.

That's my 2 cents.

Still, its my favorite tool, and the only one I'll use in training (other than the 3.5" Hydry and a crevice tool).

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Here's why:

Clear head: This is a bigger deal than some might think: This allows you see how much moisture AND residue are left. This tool changed some of my training techniques when I saw that it is nearly impossible to remove a shampoo preconditioner from fabric without overwetting it. I switched to encap products for most of my neutral pH preconditioning after that.

Rounded glide: Velvet and chenille fabric are not left nearly as distorted with this tool. The amount of time grooming and softening needed after cleaning natural fiber textures is much less with this tool because of that feature.

Things I'd like to see improved: The solution control valve is to easily moved around during use, even with the cover. A tighter valve should be used on the tool. I also liked the 1.25" vacuum hose used on the Prochem and Kleenrite tools better than the 1.5" hose they use on this one.

What I don't think they can do anything about is the fact that it isn't as easy to use in tight areas as, say a "HyDry" tool is. When I clean for "friends and family", I have a 3.5" one that I use for those areas, or I just use encap and a towel, depending on the fabric and soil level.

That's my 2 cents.

Still, its my favorite tool, and the only one I'll use in training (other than the 3.5" Hydry and a crevice tool).
Your 3.5 Hydry, is that similar to the 3.5 PMF internal jet tool?

Name
Jeff T
The hose length sucks. I changed mine out to 18’. The hide-A-hose solution line sucks aswell… changed mine out to a stainless steel braided…

I also added shrink tubing to any and all connections inside it. The needle valve has a mind of it’s own… don’t expect to set and forget.

The vinyl wrap on the needle valve is useless…

I had a new one made up….

Other than that, I love the tool now, and it’s a money maker for me!

Mikey P

Administrator
The hose length sucks. I changed mine out to 18’. The hide-A-hose solution line sucks aswell… changed mine out to a stainless steel braided…

I also added shrink tubing to any and all connections inside it. The needle valve has a mind of it’s own… don’t expect to set and forget.

The vinyl wrap on the needle valve is useless…

I had a new one made up….

Other than that, I love the tool now, and it’s a money maker for me!
18 sounds
shocking
, but you're probably correct

Name
Jeff T
18 sounds
shocking
, but you're probably correct
I had a new chunk left over of1.5 I bought (50’). I used 32’ of it for my pool.
There was an 18’ piece left….

After using it at that length, I’d never go any shorter.
Using it on giant sectional sofas, a guy can wrap all the way around, and not drag the connection with them.
Also particularly useful when doing commercial offices, you can bang through office chairs like nothing. (Office chair, and 2 client chairs per office), all the while leaving the connection @ the door.

Surprisingly useful…

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
See next post I messed the quote up

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Here's why:

That's my 2 cents.

I agree on the smaller prochem hose it's doesn't get caught on everything.

My flow valve hasn't moved on its own before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom