Rebuild or buy new

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
My legend gt has been annoying me lately it’s one of our busier trucks and it always struggles with tile cleaning my techs always complain at how slow it is on tile compared to the Everest or 870... also I am on my 2nd engine and it’s short on life so I can replace the engine and rebuild the pump and everything else for probably 3-4k and go another round
Or sell for a 370ss and give my techs a new truckmount that is hopefully better on tile and they can just beat the shit out of a new unit

What would you do

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My legend gt has been annoying me lately it’s one of our busier trucks and it always struggles with tile cleaning my techs always complain at how slow it is on tile compared to the Everest or 870... also I am on my 2nd engine and it’s short on life so I can replace the engine and rebuild the pump and everything else for probably 3-4k and go another round
Or sell for a 370ss and give my techs a new truckmount that is hopefully better on tile and they can just beat the shit out of a new unit

What would you do
Are they complaining of lack of pressure? Heat? Vacuum should be fine for tile.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I've always rebuilt my TMs.
I felt like i was saving money and making a wise choice; I was wrong. "Saved money" but still had occasional headaches with the equipment.
Sell the old and buy new.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I've always rebuilt my TMs.
I felt like i was saving money and making a wise choice; I was wrong. "Saved money" but still had occasional headaches with the equipment.
Sell the old and buy new.
Thanks for your input

I’m out of debt so it’s hard to pull the trigger but I think it’s worth it

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator

What would you do
A 370 won't let you hack your way through tile any better than the legend does, if you want to forgo do all time and scrubbing then you got to go for mega heat and pressure that only the 870 or bigger will let you cheat with .

1200 psi with consistent heat takes a big truck mount to pull off

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We fixed them until they did as you mentioned. Once the began to nickel and dime you, we sold them, traded in if there was some value or just about gave them away.

Nothing beats dependable, productive equipment. Having a machine sitting there broken, costs you in lost income, out of pocket repair bill, frustration.

Cleaning just seems so much easier with new equipment. 😎

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have an old (2008?) Power clean Diesel DXT with a 5.9 blower. It works but needs some cleaning up. It's in a 2013 MB sprinter and I have not used it in a year.
This will be a great dual wand machine when my son returns to help me in September. But It could use some cleaning up and work.
I'm still torn between buying a new setup-- Which would be at least 90K for a comparable setup OR maybe spend 1k to "fix" it.
It sure is nice opening the side doors to a new and very clean machine.
But I also hate debt.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I like my guys on a smaller machine because I’m afraid of them screwing up one of the bigger ones so I’m just gonna let the use the Everest and 870 for now when we need the legend gt I’ll buy a new tm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom