pto/ slide in questions

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
Man, those things have really gone up in price in the 20 years since I bought mine. Which are still in everyday use, by the way.
I bought them because the maker was Mikey approved (that week), but I didn’t let Mikey’s fickle nature cause me to change my opinion of him after Mikey moved on to a new butt licker. And yes to your next question, it’s just a personal preference. Although, let me say I owned a box filter before buying my Dev’s and it was harder to clean out. Nothing major, just different.
I've heard (and I may be wrong), that there is some suction loss with the inline filter. If true, would that not also be the case with the filter box?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Question: Should I be going with an inline filter, or a filter box, like this CDV filter box?
Just use the filter box that comes with the truckmount. I’ve used 3 different inline filters and the filter box is all you need. Just wash your tank out once/week. The inline filters benefit most for the garage made machines that don’t come with filters.

Reactions: alexcarpets

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've heard (and I may be wrong), that there is some suction loss with the inline filter. If true, would that not also be the case with the filter box?
I sometimes will notice brown water leaking out of my filter whenever my TM shuts down from a full waste tank. Always on really nasty jobs. I then know it’s time to change the bag. It’ll be chunk full of sand and Matt feces.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
Just use the filter box that comes with the truckmount. I’ve used 3 different inline filters and the filter box is all you need. Just wash your tank out once/week. The inline filters benefit most for the garage made machines that don’t come with filters.
Sounds good! Thank you kindly

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
I sometimes will notice brown water leaking out of my filter whenever my TM shuts down from a full waste tank. Always on really nasty jobs. I then know it’s time to change the bag. It’ll be chunk full of sand and Matt feces.
ah! got it!

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
So our city apparently has code about commercial vehicles not being allowed to be parked outside which our property management follows strictly. Talked to a neighbor today and he mentioned he's had all kinds of problems on a small commercial vehicle he parks in front of his unit. There is an exception, whereby we can park the commercial vehicle in our driveway if its not marked with business branding. The only challenge here is that I'm interested in the extended version of the Transit, or Chevy/GMC 3500 (low roof on either) and my driveway is awfully short and this would result in part of the cargo van spilling over onto the roadway, and I would get ticketed and/or towed. For this reason, I'm wondering if the Transit 350 or Chevy/GMC 3500 would be an option with a regular (non-extended) wheelbase (low roof)?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So our city apparently has code about commercial vehicles not being allowed to be parked outside which our property management follows strictly. Talked to a neighbor today and he mentioned he's had all kinds of problems on a small commercial vehicle he parks in front of his unit. There is an exception, whereby we can park the commercial vehicle in our driveway if its not marked with business branding. The only challenge here is that I'm interested in the extended version of the Transit, or Chevy/GMC 3500 (low roof on either) and my driveway is awfully short and this would result in part of the cargo van spilling over onto the roadway, and I would get ticketed and/or towed. For this reason, I'm wondering if the Transit 350 or Chevy/GMC 3500 would be an option with a regular (non-extended) wheelbase (low roof)?
Miami is just another giant HOA city.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
If I go with a Express 2500 Standard wheelbase, will I be okay? Here are the numbers:

Apex 570
1712170424159.png

Express 2500 (measurements in lbs.)
570 full 2166
fw tank and water 650
reel, hose tools, etc. 250
driver 200

The van has 3921 Reserved Axle Capacity

This puts me roughly 600 under payload when I'm at capacity.If this works, it'll save me several thousand on not getting the 3500 chevy. Will this work??

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
OK so I’ve been doing some shopping around and I found a good deal on an Apex 570 and van from Jon Don about five hours away from home. There is someone that can service the unit closer to my home, but his deal is not close to what I want. If I go with the location, that’s five hours away What happens if I need a warranty claim? Am I driving five hours every time or can I take it to the guy that’s closer to my house?

Mikey P

Administrator
You could always go all hillbilly like and settle in with the unfortunates..

scotty747

The straps are kind of unique? I'v used em myself many times but I wouldn't call em unique.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
OK so I’ve been doing some shopping around and I found a good deal on an Apex 570 and van from Jon Don about five hours away from home. There is someone that can service the unit closer to my home, but his deal is not close to what I want. If I go with the location, that’s five hours away What happens if I need a warranty claim? Am I driving five hours every time or can I take it to the guy that’s closer to my house

all new van and TM?
If new..Be straight up with the closer outfit and ask.

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
OK so I’ve been doing some shopping around and I found a good deal on an Apex 570 and van from Jon Don about five hours away from home. There is someone that can service the unit closer to my home, but his deal is not close to what I want. If I go with the location, that’s five hours away What happens if I need a warranty claim? Am I driving five hours every time or can I take it to the guy that’s closer to my house?
Only jondon can answer that. Get it in writing.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you're thinking about buying a unit 5hours away, just get a low mileage van/low hour used tm and save $20k. I know it's seeming overwhelming, because this is so new to you. But you can figure out these machines.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
all new van and TM?
If new..Be straight up with the closer outfit and ask.

..L.T.A.
I wish I could thumbs up your comment twice!! I did exactly that and my local guy is offering me a good deal now, too. The deals are setup a little differently, so I'll have to compare line item by line item, but at least the two are within the same price range. Thank you so much!!

Reactions: Dolly Llama

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
Only jondon can answer that. Get it in writing.
So get this... the representative will only answer this question via text... and only text. I asked the same thing via email twice and the question was dodged entirely. Red flag! I'll still take a look at both numbers, but I'm already suspicious as to why he would do that.

Reactions: Cleanworks

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
Getting a deal far away and relying on the good will of a local guy who lost the sale is a recipe for disaster.
You are 100% correct. Plus, since my last post, I discussed with him and he was able to offer a much better price. I would personally much rather do local, as long as the numbers work out.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
If you're thinking about buying a unit 5hours away, just get a low mileage van/low hour used tm and save $20k. I know it's seeming overwhelming, because this is so new to you. But you can figure out these machines.
I really appreciate your suggestion. For cargo vans, since there is a major shortage of new ones, the used ones are priced sky high. The TM, I'd really like to get new and just know it's been maintained properly from day one. I really was open to getting a used van, but as mentioned, the used ones are so ridiculously priced it makes no sense to not buy new and at least get three years warranty.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I really appreciate your suggestion. For cargo vans, since there is a major shortage of new ones, the used ones are priced sky high. The TM, I'd really like to get new and just know it's been maintained properly from day one. I really was open to getting a used van, but as mentioned, the used ones are so ridiculously priced it makes no sense to not buy new and at least get three years warranty.
If you want a used van, you'll need to travel. I'm seeing tons of good deals on FB marketplace. The vans maybe overpriced in your area, but the good deals are out there. There's a good deal on a diesel apex in new condition near Charlotte, and there's one low mileage van (26kmiles with a butler 900hrs for $62k). Just a couple examples. The name of the group is Carpet cleaning equipment buy sell trade.

You're starting your busienss from the ground up. And spending nearly $100k on a new unit can hurt. Get a plane ticket, fly out there, meet the dude, have him take you out on a job to learn the machine, and drive it back home if you like it.

That's why I asked you earlier what you business plan was. When you get set up, are you gonna have customers already calling your phone with a. full schedule to pay for all that new equipment ($85-$100k)? Or is it gonna sit.

I strongly suggest you start pounding the pavement as soon as the business magnets come in and start advertising a grand opening date.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom