Pro1200se

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I just can't believe that nobody is running these things with the hood open to relieve these issues

Sapphire still says not to.

Though if they advised users to do it, it would be admitting it is a bad design, so I guess you have to take that direction with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Chris A

Chris A

Name
Chris
I guess if every other dd manufacturer recommended leaving the hood open then it wouldn't be a big deal, the only people I ever hear doing it are the old timers that were running clutch drives in the 70s-80s

Chris A

Name
Chris
So you'd recommend that I go against the manufacturer's recommendation by leaving the hood open at every job, and have it look like my trucks are broke down at every stop, knowing full well that my guys won't do it half the time, when literally none of the clutch drive manufacturers recommended that? And I'm somehow just supposed to know to do that? Got it.

Mikey P

Administrator
So you'd recommend that I go against the manufacturer's recommendation by leaving the hood open at every job, and have it look like my trucks are broke down at every stop, knowing full well that my guys won't do it half the time, when literally none of the clutch drive manufacturers recommended that? And I'm somehow just supposed to know to do that? Got it.

Well, yeah!

• Haha

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sapphire still says not to.

Though if they advised users to do it, it would be admitting it is a bad design, so I guess you have to take that direction with a grain of salt.
They already admitted it here saying the summit fixed all the issues!

What issues?????

Its not rocket science connecting dots.

Chris A

Name
Chris
They already admitted it here saying the summit fixed all the issues!

What issues?????

Its not rocket science connecting dots.

Truthfully, I believe SS wanted to make the SE the best direct drive out there. The most vacuum with that big blower, the most heat with that giant exhaust heat exchanger (my heat is on par with other dds), most pressure/flow from the pump. In doing that I think they tried to squeeze too much power from the clutch and that's where most of the issues originate. From what I've seen the PTS is not much different from the PRO so I just don't see how it's been addressed. Christ the van in the promo video for the summit had the freaking HOOD OPEN... I think legends is a good company and that they make good products, but they dicked the dog on this one and should do something for the current owners who are keeping their machines. I'm only storing one of mine at my place for aramsco at this point so again, I no longer really have a dog in the fight, other than the $85k or so in truckmount payments I've made over the last 4 years and the $12000 or so I've spent in repairs on these two rigs

F

FB7777

I was surprised to hear of so many guys jumping on the Pro 1200 so soon. It’s not like it’s been around long enough to be proven.
Exactly

what was the appeal for you goobers?

saving a couple bucks, having the newest unit on the block?

I’m guessing you dim bulbs were drawn to the Blue LEDs :lol:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Chris A

Name
Chris
The SE was priced similarly to the cds, watch I had owned previously. I was impressed with the initial fit and finish off the unit, and was sold on the performance compared to the cds. I bought the second one a year later because I hadn't had many issues with the first one at that point

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yea I’m a slow learner ..:biggrin:..last time I bought a Bane unit was 27 years ago

they made a ton of money tho and rarely broke down

That's really all I want out of my equipment, I did a lot of research before deciding on 570s for my next units, they have a good track record as do the Ford Transits, hopefully they'll hold up reasonably long term

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just like I thought great airflow on right side or passenger side, practically no airflow on the left driver side.

Maybe I keep the dog house off and hope I don't drop anything

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just like I thought great airflow on right side or passenger side, practically no airflow on the left driver side.

Maybe I keep the dog house off and hope I don't drop anything

View attachment 96389
That does look very cramped. A more powerful fan would help. A larger dog house would allow more circulation. wrapping the exhaust headers and pipes with insulating tape would also help.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom