Pro Chem 405 performer plus hot water issues

carpetjim

I have a fabulous 405 performer plus. This machine is a beast. I work in the Sacramento area, and find that during these last cold weeks, the 405 does not keep the water as hot as I would like it. (180 plus). During 9 months of the year it keeps it hot no problem. I wonder if any other 405 owners run into this and what steps I could take to help the heat? Cheers!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What’s your hg set at? And is the rubber between the blower and silencer in good shape and properly connected to it? Also, take the lid off the tank and turn on the machine. Is there a constant drip from the water box into the recovery tank?

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And the bypass valve on the front of the machine…shine a flashlight in your vacuum port with the water pump on. Is there water moving inside it?

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
after you do all that remember the machine is only capable of a certain amount of heat rise if everything is working correctly

If you're giving it near freezing water (and air) you aren't going to get "hot" water out. Finding a warmer water source or if the machine itself is running cool blocking of some of the airflow to the radiator may help.

carpetjim

after you do all that remember the machine is only capable of a certain amount of heat rise if everything is working correctly

If you're giving it near freezing water (and air) you aren't going to get "hot" water out. Finding a warmer water source or if the machine itself is running cool blocking of some of the airflow to the radiator may help.
Thanks for the above information. I am running colder water in, air outside pretty cold, so it is a tough battle to keep it above 180, but in a month or 2 the hot water will be fine.
Thanks again

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I redirected all bypassed water to the fresh water tank.

clean the two filter/orfice pairs often
I'm curious about the thermal relief valve on the water box. Does that depend on suction, which is why it's hooked to the recovery tank? If so, is it bypassing the right amount of water to keep it from overheating when it's redirected to the fresh water tank?

FredC

Village Idiot
kung_fu_3.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
No it’s not.

If it depends on suction, then routing it to the fresh water tank is an idiot move

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I have a fabulous 405 performer plus. This machine is a beast. I work in the Sacramento area, and find that during these last cold weeks, the 405 does not keep the water as hot as I would like it. (180 plus). During 9 months of the year it keeps it hot no problem. I wonder if any other 405 owners run into this and what steps I could take to help the heat? Cheers!

Check your air pump for the catalytic converter.

Reactions: SamIam and BIG WOOD

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
180 seems very cold! Here in the pacific northwest, our Performers kept a full head of steam even if there's snow on the ground. I agree that it may be bypassing?

carpetjim

Thanks for all the replies. We had a couple of 60 degree days recently, and I found my machine was putting out the 200 degrees pretty much no problem ( I think that’s plenty hot to clean carpet with) water source is a big issue, it helps when the water source is warmer, and on warmer days it is warmer.
It is a good machine, but it’s also not new , and does not have all the bells and whistles all the new machines have.

Cheers

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm curious about the thermal relief valve on the water box. Does that depend on suction, which is why it's hooked to the recovery tank? If so, is it bypassing the right amount of water to keep it from overheating when it's redirected to the fresh water tank?
No it opens if the box gets to hot wax inside like thermal relief valve.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also set your hg to 15 and you can play a little with the gas adjustment to speed it up a little.

Choking the blower a little and speeding it up will give you some gains.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom