Old age and the 360i

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think my cleaning abilities have outpaced my markets ability to properly compensate me.
For the $180 I charged the lady ($60/Room), I needed to be out of there in an hour and 15 minutes. Possible when vacuuming, prespray and rinse.

But when you factor in the extra enzyme treatment, Rotovac and filtration edge extraction , coupled with me moving slower these dsys, I can’t charge enough!

Good your son is working but a chimp to help you wouldn’t hurt either

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What I’m saying in this thread is that as our abilities and tools improve, it’s getting harder and harder to be adequately compensated for the time spent on each job.
It’s up to each of us to determine when enough is enough,

And, the older we get, the lower the bar.

Unless we get off the van.
It's because you have heart.

Too much, to charge extra for what you know is necessary to compensate for the extra time required to satisfactorily clean it.

What a big hearted IDIOT! :winky:

Name
Steve Lawrence
Our industry sucks. What else can we do with our skills?

We do have skills don't we?

Oh yeah, it works for Saiger and other energize bunnies (shout out to somebody --I think our San Fran guy) but what about normal people attempting to make it in this biz?
now I'm thinking it was Love to All, Larry Capitoni (sp?) that may have called Saiger an "energizer bunny".

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If I were to work alone I would raise my rate to $50 per room up to 200 sq ft two room minimum, but with a helper that vacuums while I setup and pre spray, then they Crb, I wand and we both move furniture and set fans!

With a good helper you can easily bust jobs out and the compensation isn’t horrible.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It may be time to let Jr have this place!

Don't give in to the shadows of age Marty.

I know you have the classics memorized, but just in case your Tennyson is a bit rusty:

Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Reactions: hogjowl

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
Hey Hawgy, don't lower the bar raise the standard! To many willing to just do the minimum.
I do jobs all the time that haven't been cleaned or just homeowner cleaned for years.
Light up the RVSTAIRPRO and wade right in. I do get properly compensated for them though.

20161011_105011.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom