Administrator
now lets see what they can do..

mixed.jpg

G

Their all right but not as good as the Havard Chems but they
do have great bottles! :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm a bit surprised that a rinse/emulsifier was not in the package.

two different heavy duty presprays, a neutral pre spray, a deLimeO booste,r baby blue spotter, a tile cleaner and a soap scum remover.

Maybe we could get a run down on the virtues of each product here....

Mikey P

Administrator
I used the 3in1 HD on a white olefin rental mess and a nylon resi yesterday.

Worked great, rinsed free and smelled lovely.

but the bong burns did not come out that Ultra Mint would have gotten.

TimP

I've tried the high alkaline on 2 places. Niether were rat nasty or anything but it cleaned up well. I didn't use the neutral cause the carpet in both were not of concern for stain protection. I used end-zone to rinse both and the carpet did look brighter.

Only time will tell with this stuff. It will probably take me a few weeks to see if I really like it or not. Anyway so far no complaints.

TimP

I got a call to do a rat nasty move out trailer today. I tested out the mixed right high alkaline 10.5ph stuff. I don't think it's quite strong enough for this kind of work but it does ok. I give it an 8 out of 10 for trashed rentals. I don't know if it would be good for restaurants unless they were nylon and not filthy. I'd say it's a mid strength cleaner. Powerburst probably would of done better, 12 ph was needed but the owner was happy and I did better than his previous cleaner. Took me 2 hours.

Before and afters

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

Fred Homan

Looks better.....Probably does not want to replace it....A SHITHOLE.....Shithole management?

TimP

Perhaps. But its a trashed rental. People rent places like that for a few months never clean them. And move out or get evicted. Places like these just get trashed again. So cleaning them to make them livable for these kind of people is the only option that makes sense.

Also the carpet was heavily worn because it wasn't vacuumed in probably 9 months. Probably only swept with a broom.

I would of roto scrubbed this job but there was no power. I ran my vacuum off an extension cord but I wasn't gonna try running my scrubber off the extension cord.

Name
I'm Rick James
Art Kelley said:
TimP said:
Before and afters

Where's the afters?

Im sure you worked hard Tim, but I am not impressed with the results. Who knows if other cleaning products could of done any better. Some Landlords need to quit being so cheap.

Fred Homan

Cheap Landlords = Shit hole management....What makes more sense. Pay a little more to clean or replace? :shock:

TimP

Brent said:
Art Kelley said:
TimP said:
Before and afters

Where's the afters?

Im sure you worked hard Tim, but I am not impressed with the results. Who knows if other cleaning products could of done any better. Some Landlords need to quit being so cheap.

I wasn't impressed either.

TimP

Fred Homan said:
Cheap Landlords = Shit hole management....What makes more sense. Pay a little more to clean or replace? :shock:

I don't think it would of come much cleaner even with powerburst. New carpet will look like that in 9 months. Not everyone out there lives like civilized people. People like this live like animals, they don't know how to clean. They are most likely meth heads. And there has to be a home for everyone other wise they would be on the street. So there is a market for slum housing.

I did one about as bad a few weeks ago and and it cleaned up better with a different prespray. However it still looked like crap. And the people who moved in and bought it (it was a forclosed double wide) were very happy with the results. So who am I to argue. Both this and the other job should of been replaced in my opinion.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Shoulda used Boost all works great on the nasties, helps get the brown out.. i do alot of that rental crap.. i have to use it.. my customers expect nothing less than my best job every time.. ha ha

Mikey P

Administrator
Tim you need to use more prespray, add 40 vol and get way more aggressive with your pre scrubbing.

You do pre vac right?

Those carpets should have been replaced but you could have done WAY better.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I love how everyone bashes other folks work. How can anyone possibly know for sure they could have done better? We've all had jobs that turn out like hell. Couldn't this be one of those that just won't look any better?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Looks like thats the best it's getting to me.. Asphalt sealer maybe?? You might have been able to get it slightly better (maybe not) but it dosen't look like they are willing to spend any extra money anyway.... :shock:

TimP

I couldn't roto scrub this bad boy like I said no power.

As far as chems I mixed accordingly to the bottle, probably 8-10 oz of the stuff. I sprayed down the whole place very heavy and gave it plenty of dwell time to make up for no rotoscrubbing. And I had maybe an inch left in my HF with a yellow tip on it. So I nuked the hell out of it. I put 3 cups of point blue as my rinse and rinsed at like 5-6 to nuke this place. It just wasn't coming clean. I'm thinking they may of done engine repair in this place....but I don't know. Peroxide may of helped but face it it's a rental and the extra effort just wasn't going to do anything for me or my customer. All he cared about was an improvement and I did that, 90% of the crap was gone and he was happy.

I also love how people say they can do better just by looking at a picture. I even went over many of the areas 2 times with prespray and many many passes with the wand. It just comes to a point where it's not worth it. I'm also beginning to think many of you guys have never cleaned filthy carpet, not everything will come completely clean. And if I was getting 50 cents a ft I may could of done a mikey type clean, but rentals you clean as quickly and cheaply as possible and spot cleaning is not even in the cards.

Cameron1

Who gives a rats ashe if you....... or you......or you....... could have got it cleaner.

The man got paid........the clients happy...........the move-in renter don't give a chit.

It's called a win/win.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sorry , missed the part about no power.

How about a rake?
Brushing can do wonders, especially compared to just dwell time

Tim, you took good pictures bud. In my 23 years of sucking filth I have seen that exact home many times. I know I could have done better.

But who cares its all about the pay check right?

at the very least you could have groomed it.

TimP

steve said:
Who gives a rats ashe if you....... or you......or you....... could have got it cleaner.

The man got paid........the clients happy...........the move-in renter don't give a chit.

It's called a win/win.

Exactly. And no way in hell am I going to groom a crap pile of carpet. I could of done better myself. But that was with the mixed rite stuff only. There may of been some H2O2 in it from my previous job but only half a hydroforce since I filled it back up with just the mixed rite stuff. I added it to the previous job cause there was urine spots on the carpet. This I figured it was grease and sugars and that I shouldn't need it.

Anyways I did get paid made decent money and didn't waste extra effort and chems on a pile of crap carpet. And like I've said I've had better results with other chems even without a roto scrub. I was just pointing out this mixed rite stuff isn't the greatest for rat nasty carpet. It's needs a lot more kick, but how can one expect much from a 1-128 product. And it wont be my go to for nasty carpet. I believe judson o2 spanks this stuff when mixed accordingly with the modifier.

I still haven't tried the neutral product. When I get some semi clean carpet I'll try it out. So far I have to say judson stuff is more my style.

Cameron1

Now Tim, couple things bug me here.

First off, Mikey brings up a good point, why not rake the carpet. I just assume you did after the pictures. That alone will seperate you from 90 % of the hacks. I do not care how tired or running behind you are that would be unacceptable in my business for any job.

But more importantly, you just admitted that you could have done a better job, but did not????????? I just do not understand that statement. At some point, personal pride has to override the economics of the job. We have a saying here at SUNRISE that I dwell into my Techs head. It goes like this.......'' We do not mind losing a Client because of price, but we will never lose a client because of the quality of work." So rake those carpets, do the best job possible , and your Clients(including this one) WILL PAY MORE.

And no Mikey........it ain't always about the paycheck.

steve said:
Now Tim, couple things bug me here.

First off, Mikey brings up a good point, why not rake the carpet. I just assume you did after the pictures. That alone will seperate you from 90 % of the hacks. I do not care how tired or running behind you are that would be unacceptable in my business for any job.

But more importantly, you just admitted that you could have done a better job, but did not????????? I just do not understand that statement. At some point, personal pride has to override the economics of the job. We have a saying here at SUNRISE that I dwell into my Techs head. It goes like this.......'' We do not mind losing a Client because of price, but we will never lose a client because of the quality of work." So rake those carpets, do the best job possible , and your Clients(including this one) WILL PAY MORE.

And no Mikey........it ain't always about the paycheck.

Steve makes some great points above.

It is alway tempting when I have underbid a job to cut corners and give a 70% effort. Then I remember that they did not force me to bid incorrectly.

The way I over come it is over-delivering so the have to talk about my work to others and then I also note the amount on the invoice that it should have been, and charge the amount quoted.

This way next time they know what to expect to pay. I also tell them not to tell anyone else what they paid due to the fact no one else will ever get that deal again and it makes them feel good.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Blue Monarch said:
There's a lot of BS in this thread. Chest pounding boners I say.

I don't know. He said he couldn't use electricity for mechanical agitation, so his hands were tied. This was the the best that could be done with 3/4 of the cleaning pie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom