Mixedrite delivers..

TimP

At least with the mixed rite stuff.

I probably wont try it again on something that bad, but I was hopeing that it would be that good. Next time I'll go powermax, powerburst, or O2 with modifier and extra O2. It was really a test for the stuff and like I said 8 out of 10. It's better than average which would be a 7. It needs boosters in it, it's not well formulated. Or it needs some more bite or something, maybe a list of boosters that are compatable. It's probably fine for most owner occupied residential. But it's not a restaurant rat nasty cleaner, and that's the main point. I thought you were supposed to test your crap in rental crap where it didn't matter and expectations are low and your hands are tied with aggitation, not to mention resoil is not an issue. Or am I wrong???

I didn't post it for everyone to critique my cleaning or methods and tell me how much better they could do, I was showing my results and reasons for not fully endorsing the product as of yet. I know exactly where that cleaning result stands.

TimP

IDGAS if I'm a hack or not, I'll do whatever I damn please. :mrgreen:

And I hope you don't love me in a Danny or Marty kind of way.

R

rotovacguy

steve said:
Now Tim, couple things bug me here.

First off, Mikey brings up a good point, why not rake the carpet. I just assume you did after the pictures. That alone will seperate you from 90 % of the hacks. I do not care how tired or running behind you are that would be unacceptable in my business for any job.

But more importantly, you just admitted that you could have done a better job, but did not????????? I just do not understand that statement. At some point, personal pride has to override the economics of the job. We have a saying here at SUNRISE that I dwell into my Techs head. It goes like this.......'' We do not mind losing a Client because of price, but we will never lose a client because of the quality of work." So rake those carpets, do the best job possible , and your Clients(including this one) WILL PAY MORE.

And no Mikey........it ain't always about the paycheck.

Steve, obviously things must be different down there in Georgia. I get way more custy's actually WANTING wand marks left in their carpet, versus raking. It's their home, their carpet, and their money, so I do as they say. So if that makes me a "hack", fine, I can live with that, as they keep calling me back. Hey that's a catchy slogan...."I'm the hack you'll always call back!" :lol:

And second, how do you figure they will pay more?? Tim was dealing with a trashed out rental, those types NEVER pay out more, at least not in my experience have they ever. So what's Tim to do, sit there and try to get shit out that should have been replaced?? How is that a good strategy for a business?? I'm sure Tim gave the guy a set price, and he did what he could do with no power and that price. IDK, if you guys want to "over deliver" on trashed out rentals, knock yourselves out. To me, it's just not worth it, they will drop your ass as soon as the next guy comes in and lowballs your price. I have a couple custy's up here like that, and they are happy with the results, but admittedly, my results are not much different than Tim's, and that's WITH a 175 and 3m red pad. Some shit just won't come out no matter what you do to it, short of replacing. I'd rather save my energy for doing perfect work on jobs that actually matter.

Tim, you did fine, especially with no power.

TimP

rotovacguy said:
steve said:
Now Tim, couple things bug me here.

First off, Mikey brings up a good point, why not rake the carpet. I just assume you did after the pictures. That alone will seperate you from 90 % of the hacks. I do not care how tired or running behind you are that would be unacceptable in my business for any job.

But more importantly, you just admitted that you could have done a better job, but did not????????? I just do not understand that statement. At some point, personal pride has to override the economics of the job. We have a saying here at SUNRISE that I dwell into my Techs head. It goes like this.......'' We do not mind losing a Client because of price, but we will never lose a client because of the quality of work." So rake those carpets, do the best job possible , and your Clients(including this one) WILL PAY MORE.

And no Mikey........it ain't always about the paycheck.

Steve, obviously things must be different down there in Georgia. I get way more custy's actually WANTING wand marks left in their carpet, versus raking. It's their home, their carpet, and their money, so I do as they say. So if that makes me a "hack", fine, I can live with that, as they keep calling me back. Hey that's a catchy slogan...."I'm the hack you'll always call back!" :lol:

And second, how do you figure they will pay more?? Tim was dealing with a trashed out rental, those types NEVER pay out more, at least not in my experience have they ever. So what's Tim to do, sit there and try to get shit out that should have been replaced?? How is that a good strategy for a business?? I'm sure Tim gave the guy a set price, and he did what he could do with no power and that price. IDK, if you guys want to "over deliver" on trashed out rentals, knock yourselves out. To me, it's just not worth it, they will drop your ass as soon as the next guy comes in and lowballs your price. I have a couple custy's up here like that, and they are happy with the results, but admittedly, my results are not much different than Tim's, and that's WITH a 175 and 3m red pad. Some shit just won't come out no matter what you do to it, short of replacing. I'd rather save my energy for doing perfect work on jobs that actually matter.

Tim, you did fine, especially with no power.

Finally someone gets it. Thanks for the compliment. Shit holes aren't worth wasting your time.

G

Mikey P said:
Sorry , missed the part about no power.

How about a rake?
Brushing can do wonders, especially compared to just dwell time

Tim, you took good pictures bud. In my 23 years of sucking filth I have seen that exact home many times. I know I could have done better.

But who cares its all about the pay check right?

at the very least you could have groomed it.
Cant you get on the phone with these chem manufactuers like the old days,help a brother out :roll: Tim,dont listen to Bernie(ol'pal :roll: )he was wettin and jettin in those days.(might still be)

Cameron1

I'm sure your right.
I was just relating it to my own experience.

The man can pay my price or have you do it.

All this discusion about raking has me wondering. Raking is a complete waste of time unless you are cleaning a shag style or builders grade carpet. If you rake a decent pile carpet, it will leave teeth marks that are hard to get out once the carpet dries. If you use the grandi brush which is the appropriate rake, it leaves little fuzz balls on the carpet and kills the fresh cleaned appearance you just created. I personally never rake unless I am applying a carpet protector, and then I tell the customer to vacuum the next day.

TimP

danielc said:
All this discusion about raking has me wondering. Raking is a complete waste of time unless you are cleaning a shag style or builders grade carpet. If you rake a decent pile carpet, it will leave teeth marks that are hard to get out once the carpet dries. If you use the grandi brush which is the appropriate rake, it leaves little fuzz balls on the carpet and kills the fresh cleaned appearance you just created. I personally never rake unless I am applying a carpet protector, and then I tell the customer to vacuum the next day.

And if you use Hardball protector from harvard chemicals raking is not required.

TimP

I bought it, the mikey board package. 1/2 gallon high alkaline, 1/2 gallon neutral, 1 qt baby blue, 1 qt of the citrus booster for 99 bucks. Mikey got the MB BB owner package which was probably free. I did buy a gallon of the tile acid cleaner though. I have yet to try it. I've only used the high alkaline as of yet.

TimP

Sorry its hardball chemical company.

Still it says on the bottle raking not necesary.

Mikey P said:
I'm a bit surprised that a rinse/emulsifier was not in the package.

two different heavy duty presprays, a neutral pre spray, a deLimeO booste,r baby blue spotter, a tile cleaner and a soap scum remover.

Maybe we could get a run down on the virtues of each product here....

I missed this thread some how, but here is a brief description.

3n1RF (Residue Free Neutral Formula) Citra boosted prespray, 1:128 Safe on all fiber types including wool.

3n1HD (Heavy Duty) Citra boosted prespray, 1:128 for the extremely soiled, oily and the greasy.

Baby Blue Spotter (Green), 100% natural, child and pet safe, cruelty free. As a leave behind spotter, this stuff is awesome. Safe on all washable fiber types, powerful and still gentle. Long shelf life under your customers kitchen sink. I have been told effective on grease and oil stains on clothing from a truckers wife even permanent marker.

Ultra Citra Boost, 100% water soluble citrus degreaser for presprays or spotting. Also 1:128.

Justin Smith
Division Brand Manager
Mixed-Rite Cleaning Systems
14717 Heritagecrest Way
Riverton, UT 84065
800.478.8908 Toll Free
866.778.5152 Fax
253.405.8075 Cell
http://www.mixedrite.com
jsmith@mixedrite.com

Super Concentrated, Easy to measure, Cost Effective.
Products for the commercial cleaning industry!

Tim,

I want to thank you first for posting the pics, they remind me of the "You gotta help me, they are going to keep my deposit!" or "We know its trashed but....." cleans we all have been on.

I think that it is important to point out that I am trying to be helpful and NOT attacking or being super sensitive or defensive.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't think that the 3n1HD performed as well as others.

While 3n1HD is citra boosted; after a quick walk through. 2 oz of Ultra Citra Boost to ANY PRESPRAY might have made things at least easier. If not changed your thoughts of the 3n1HD.

However - I am very thankful for your thoughts, feed back and comments on our products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom