It normally pops right back in.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m still frustrated about the shoulder but I’m getting a good healthy dose of dad-be-proud watching my mini-me fill in for me E5E42B8F-7E8E-4D23-9E1D-7BF40510AC74.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5919.MOV
    24.6 MB
  • IMG_5915.MOV
    24.8 MB

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Seems to me he should’ve been on the Zipper, especially with the trigger on the left side of Zipper. Obviously that was the best setup.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Seems to me he should’ve been on the Zipper, especially with the trigger on the left side of Zipper. Obviously that was the best setup.
He was for most of the job. I had a couple of his buddies there and he was showing them how to push the wand while the zipper was cleaning

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Dr visit coming up on the 14th with an Orthopedic and MRI to see the damage and planning to look further down the road.

Also have an interview this evening around 6:30 to talk to a potential employee who is considering running a route for me. He currently works at a wood furniture plant 3rd shift and is miserable. 26years old, no criminal record and no bad driving record with knowledge of construction under his belt. Keep your fingers crossed for me. If he gets hired, it'll be after the first week of January when he jumps on board.

My son has been a champ at keeping the business rolling for a 14 year old. I'm definitely not pulling full days but we're getting about 3 jobs/day knocked out to keep the customers happy.

I'm able to raise the shoulder higher with no pain but whenever there is tension on it, it still doesn't feel right. I'll grab an upholstery tool to help knock out furniture cleaning jobs, but I'm still very weak on swinging a wand

• Sad
Reactions: Mikey P and hogjowl

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Dr visit coming up on the 14th with an Orthopedic and MRI to see the damage and planning to look further down the road.

Also have an interview this evening around 6:30 to talk to a potential employee who is considering running a route for me. He currently works at a wood furniture plant 3rd shift and is miserable. 26years old, no criminal record and no bad driving record with knowledge of construction under his belt. Keep your fingers crossed for me. If he gets hired, it'll be after the first week of January when he jumps on board.

My son has been a champ at keeping the business rolling for a 14 year old. I'm definitely not pulling full days but we're getting about 3 jobs/day knocked out to keep the customers happy.

I'm able to raise the shoulder higher with no pain but whenever there is tension on it, it still doesn't feel right. I'll grab an upholstery tool to help knock out furniture cleaning jobs, but I'm still very weak on swinging a wand

Hiring someone with no cleaning background but a good work ethic (wood furniture 3rd shift) might be the ideal hire.

Rarely does a company benefit from another cleaning company's cast off, with the exception of one who was happily employed and with a happy employer, but who needed to move.

I hope he works out for you Matt

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
First of all, kudos to your son!!! Second of all, you need an employee, for no other reason than your present situation. It certainly seems you’re at that point. It will take pressure off your body one way or another. I hope it all comes together 🙏🏼

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Also have an interview this evening around 6:30 to talk to a potential employee who is considering running a route for me. He currently works at a wood furniture plant 3rd shift and is miserable. 26years old, no criminal record and no bad driving record with knowledge of construction under his belt. Keep your fingers crossed for me. If he gets hired, it'll be after the first week of January when he jumps on board

I think my prayers are being answered.

The guy seems like a perfect candidate
-10years working construction for his dad
-2years experience working as exterminator (comprehend chemistry, good customer exp., and won’t complain about going in a crawlspace)
-went to school for 2 years (business admin.)

And he's very interested in working for my business. Test run will be on the 15th for him to interview my business

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The shoulder cuff is fractured and at a high risk of being dislocated again from the latest mri reading.

Arthroscopic surgery is needed and It’ll take 3-4months after surgery to fully recover

Sorry to hear that.

Hope all goes as smoothly as possible

Reactions: BIG WOOD

hogjowl

Idiot™
The shoulder cuff is fractured and at a high risk of being dislocated again from the latest mri reading.

Arthroscopic surgery is needed and It’ll take 3-4months after surgery to fully recover
I hate to hear that.
I guess you should have taken a real job with benies like your Daddy said.

Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hard to imagine you didn't feel the restriction of movement for that long.
We're Sure and Reed Richards your parents?

Fun fact, modern shoulder replacements have the ball and socket being replaced in the opposite order, when the new artificial socket being mounted to the humerous
That's EXACTLY what they did to my wife.....now into TEN months healing
Thank goodness nothing broke. I never got a MRI, so I'm not surprised if a ligament has some light tears around the rotator cup.

Probably just a message from above telling me to slow down and smell the flowers every now and then
Now see....if you had the trailer I'm sure that would not have happened!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I hate to hear that.
I guess you should have taken a real job with benies like your Daddy said.
3-4months ya that's what they tol my wife..
We're into month 10 of recovery and she still can't raise her arm.... her cuff was shattered shards that the doc removed wit a spoon.....and replaced wit titanium pounded in wit a hammer......good luck sincerely!

Last edited:
Name
Swani
I just need to be encouraged to know that starting a goal of having 2-3 routes before this summer is gonna succeed. I really don't have any other choice. I have to get off the truck
Matt, I am truly sorry that you're going through this, but hopefully you can look at this as a sign from above to slow down, and also an opportunity to grow your business.

While you're healing you should take an opportunity to start to write down your systems and procedures. I have learned very quickly that with employees every process needs a system, and every system needs to be detailed step by step.

Also I have heard great things from people that have had chronic shoulder injuries and the use of Stem Cells. I am going to try and get my dad to go down to this clinic for his back injury.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

Fun fact, modern shoulder replacements have the ball and socket being replaced in the opposite order, when the new artificial socket being mounted to the humerous
That's EXACTLY what they did to my wife.....now into TEN months healing

Believe me there ain't nothing fun about a shoulder operation and yes
Thats exactly what they did

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Surgery was Wednesday this week

S.LA.P and Bankart arthroscopic was performed. I'm strapped to the house for two weeks and they don't want me to move much at all

So expect me to bug the crap out of you guys for a while,

This is a great time to plan and build your business.

Over the years I've had customers go through similar events, and most came through it and came out better because of it.

One lost a thumb from a circular saw incident (reattached, but never quite the same), another had his hand mangled from a dog attack.

Those two specifically built their business from small, owner-operator models to multi-truck operations and learned to work on their business, and not in it.

May it work that way for you Matt.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This is a great time to plan and build your business.

Over the years I've had customers go through similar events, and most came through it and came out better because of it.

One lost a thumb from a circular saw incident (reattached, but never quite the same), another had his hand mangled from a dog attack.

Those two specifically built their business from small, owner-operator models to multi-truck operations and learned to work on their business, and not in it.

May it work that way for you Matt.
New employee is joining the team on the 14-15th. I hope to ride in the passenger seat while he drives us to each job from day 1. And from our previous conversations, I'm transitioning my business from owner/op job to a real business

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
New employee is joining the team on the 14-15th. I hope to ride in the passenger seat while he drives us to each job from day 1. And from our previous conversations, I'm transitioning my business from owner/op job to a real business

Some of our greatest growths come through adversity

In 1971 a fire destroyed the building that housed my father's cleaning and restoration business.

He lost everything. Due to an imcompetant insurance agent, he was massively under insured. The franchise he belonged to treated him abysmally.

He rebuilt the business, went outside of the franchise model, and also started a business that supplied and trained cleaners so that he could keep them from ever having to buy a franchise.

The business we have today, his work in helping to found the IICRC, and everything I have come to enjoy in being a part of this industry all came from that fire.

So he lost everything....except the choice on how to respond to what happened to him.

I reflect upon this most every day of my life still.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Surgery was Wednesday this week

S.LA.P and Bankart arthroscopic was performed. I'm strapped to the house for two weeks and they don't want me to move much at all

So expect me to bug the crap out of you guys for a while,
Take the off time to learn how to trade options, High Yield ETF's, and Grayscale funds. Change your life for the better and use it to help others.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Take the off time to learn how to trade options, High Yield ETF's, and Grayscale funds. Change your life for the better and use it to help others.
I fired Crash on his 1st day....LATE!!!!
trained him the rest of the day and
BAMM ...on his own.....did clip a city truck that day ...no damage! THUS HIS MONAKER!
I'll Be danged .....bought my bidness two years later at my price

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I slipped picking up dog poop on a wet hill landed on my left left hand to brace the fall.

And my tricep popped.

Well it made a popping sound.

It hurt but thankfully I was still able to work.

I don't pick up poop when it's wet no more.

Shit happens
Yes it is not a good idea to pick up wet shit....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

My wife is close to a year recovery....complete reverse shoulder replacement....still can't raise her arm at all...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom