It normally pops right back in.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Not this time. My shoulder, that is.

Today wasn't a good day. I'm swamped with jobs. I'm working on this lady's house, cleaning carpet of course. I get swamped with calls when I have only 1 bar, and these idiots keep calling for some damn reason. So I start speeding up trying to get out of this place so I can answer the phone. I get to finishing up and I'm walking faster than normal out of the garage when my solution hose twisted and caught the tire from her car that she said she'd move out of my way.

I all of a sudden stop and skip a step, tripping over my vac hose and the impact threw my shoulder out. I'm laying on the driveway and it won't pop back in.

Now I'm waiting on an ambulance and they drug me up on the way to the hospital to help with the pain. I get there and they said my muscles are so tense after several attempts to put it back in, they realize I need to take a nap. DAMNIT

Now I'm sitting here in a sling calling off the next two days of work, so I hope to work next week.

I hope ya'll week finishes better than mine

FredC

Village Idiot
I didn't realize you were over two hours away or I'd offer to help you out if your still FD up next week

Got Aflac?

on the shitty day topic the lawn service busted the driver side window out of my car this afternoon

IMG_2040.jpeg

but I'd prefer that to a hurt shoulder and an ambulance/hospital bill

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Today wasn't a good day. I'm swamped with jobs. I'm working on this lady's house, cleaning carpet of course. I get swamped with calls when I have only 1 bar, and these idiots keep calling for some damn reason. So I start speeding up trying to get out of this place so I can answer the phone. I get to finishing up and I'm walking faster than normal out of the garage when my solution hose twisted and caught the tire from her car that she said she'd move out of my way.

I all of a sudden stop and skip a step, tripping over my vac hose and the impact threw my shoulder out. I'm laying on the driveway and it won't pop back in.

Now I'm waiting on an ambulance and they drug me up on the way to the hospital to help with the pain. I get there and they said my muscles are so tense after several attempts to put it back in, they realize I need to take a nap. DAMNIT

Now I'm sitting here in a sling calling off the next two days of work, so I hope to work next week.

Sounds like you needed a break. Just not literally.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I slipped picking up dog poop on a wet hill landed on my left left hand to brace the fall.

And my tricep popped.

Well it made a popping sound.

It hurt but thankfully I was still able to work.

I don't pick up poop when it's wet no more.

Shit happens

Reactions: KevinL and BIG WOOD

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

Though it's more than a few years since I taught energency first aid.
The 1st example in this video is similar to what I was taught as best passive reduction, even holding a weight can cause shoulder to gently spasm and pull itself in...
messed myself up multiple ways but never had to try this specifically.. ymmv
*video

View: https://youtu.be/HtOnreM7heg?si=7Ic8_qGBh3-c7fKT

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This is why I never answer my phone. Unless it’s my son’s school or my wife. And I’m sure I missed a job here or there. But the majority of people when they get my auto text they just schedule online.

Get better soon
I never answer the phone when I'm on a job. That's why I have voice mail.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damn Matt. The same thing happened to me last week. I can sleep on my right side now. I popped it out when I was chasing my dog and I fell down hard. I walked around for 2 days with my shoulder out of the socket. I didn't realize it was out until it popped back into place when I was trying to tighten my belt. The pulling of my belt tight around my tummy tums was enough to pull it into place. I instantly felt relief. Hopefully I can start using my rowing machine again soon.

Mikey P

Administrator
Damn Matt. The same thing happened to me last week. I can sleep on my right side now. I popped it out when I was chasing my dog and I fell down hard. I walked around for 2 days with my shoulder out of the socket. I didn't realize it was out until it popped back into place when I was trying to tighten my belt. The pulling of my belt tight around my tummy tums was enough to pull it into place. I instantly felt relief. Hopefully I can start using my rowing machine again soon.
Hard to imagine you didn't feel the restriction of movement for that long.
Were Sue and Reed Richards your parents?

Fun fact, modern shoulder replacements have the ball and socket being replaced in the opposite order, when the new artificial socket being mounted to the humerous

Last edited:
Name
Evets
I’d be more willing to answer a call while I’m on a job if EVERYBODY down here wasn’t a CHATTY PATTY!
I like when the older callers insist on giving you directions: "You'll go past two old Pick Up trucks in front of a white house, one is red and the other one is kinda rusted green or something. Anyway, go past that and then turn Right at the big oak tree. Our house is the one with a Bass mailbox"

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yeah, I was sho
Hard to imagine you didn't feel the restriction of movement for that long.
We're Sure and Reed Richards your parents?

Fun fact, modern shoulder replacements have the ball and socket being replaced in the opposite order, when the new artificial socket being mounted to the humerous
yeah, I didn't know it was out because it hurt too much to raise my arm. I figured I just pulled a tendon or something. I'm too hard headed to go to the doctor. Good thing It popped back in by itself.

Reactions: KevinL

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I like when the older callers insist on giving you directions: "You'll go past two old Pick Up trucks in front of a white house, one is red and the other one is kinda rusted green or something. Anyway, go past that and then turn Right at the big oak tree. Our house is the one with a Bass mailbox"
I hate that. I do everything possible to jump in front of them to cut them off. Normally when booking and I can sense they are talkers, I tell them, "Now I'm going to go down my list and ask you a series of questions. Please don't offer any other info until I get all the way through the booking process. " That only works half the time.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah, I was sho

yeah, I didn't know it was out because it hurt too much to raise my arm. I figured I just pulled a tendon or something. I'm too hard headed to go to the doctor. Good thing It popped back in by itself.
I've been able to grab my elbow and shove it back in each time although the last time in a snowmobile related incident it took much longer

• Sad
Reactions: KevinL

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I used to work in a rural area. People would tell you 4.5 miles on the grid road and turn left when you see the big rock that looks like a Volkswagen.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've been able to grab my elbow and shove it back in each time although the last time in a snowmobile related incident it took much longer
thats the one thing I was told never to do, a forced reduction carrys risk of pinching nerves and possible permanent nerve damage, they generally go back by themselves

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom