High Flow wands, more water or just faster?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
4.8s on both of your tms Jim?

4.8 on the 570, 5.3 on the blue line 525cfm according to old blower specs.

I like 12 flow but don't always use it.

I'll use a lower flow on burbur and in the winter.

But I have a 570 and a 405.

My guys love the 8 flow 14 inch west pac I may have converted it to 12 flow.

Mikey P

Administrator
Heres the real deal..

Balance in a HWE system allows for equal results earned by any unit that sprays and extracts.
And the simolevmath.dictates that the bigger the blower, the hotter the water and the more flow you use, the faster you can provide the same result.

And lordy do we fly with our big trucks.

Tom is going to flip out next week....

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
So as we get older and slower we can switch FROM massive truck-mounts and high flow wands TO smaller truck-mounts and less flow, adding agitation with a CRB..

Maybe That's why Mikey went from a Vortex to 370? :lol::stir:

With my Vortex we would do up to 6 jobs a day-- Now I'm tired after 3!!
Of course back then we Just parked the Vortex any where we Damn Pleased! even double parking blocking traffic and blocking in cars---How rude of us- but I miss those days.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Need to correct a few principles here:
1. Total heat in BTU from a HX is INCREASED when water flow is increased
(even thou temp decreases, due to better efficiency from HX)
2. Solution hose pressure loss limits increases as jet sizes increase.
3. Max lift recovers more dirty solution from the carpet (with a properly engineered wand)

We like #8 flow @ 550 PSI at the machine and 16" of lift.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Slow extraction strokes like a drag wand is the key using a bigger blowered machine.

Don't over think this stupids

Mikey P

Administrator
Slowing your stroke only over wets that backing beyond a normal speed.

Scrubbing while rinsing, much like how a vacuum cleaner with a brush roll, is the key, part/open the fibers and pull out whats lodges deep down.

A wand can only do so much by it's self

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My opinion is, if you need a 6jet wand, you haven't seen the light yet. There should be no need for 6 jets on any wand. I'm starting to think more and more about how much better the 4jet manifold sprays so much better on my little prochem quad than my 5jet mach15.

I figured that the fewer jets you can get on a wand, the better the carpet fibers will look. People get so paranoid about "losing heat" when their jets are only 1/2inch further away from the carpet, it's stupid.
Come try my prochem ti you’ll see

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So as we get older and slower we can switch FROM massive truck-mounts and high flow wands TO smaller truck-mounts and less flow, adding agitation with a CRB..

Maybe That's why Mikey went from a Vortex to 370? :lol::stir:

With my Vortex we would do up to 6 jobs a day-- Now I'm tired after 3!!
Of course back then we Just parked the Vortex any where we Damn Pleased! even double parking blocking traffic and blocking in cars---How rude of us- but I miss those days.
Prophet

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I've been using a prochem ti for about a year now. 12flow setup. I wish it was a 4jet. Do you think I can talk mikey into selling me his 4jet setup?

It's not that expensive to convert it to 4 jets. I think manifolds were like 40 bucks plus jets.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Swani
I have a 47 blower and use a 6 jet Mach 15. It used to be setup for 6 flow but Waldo talked me into going to 9. I would have like to have gotten a high shear kit from Joe B. and went to a 5 or 4 jet. But now that he's banned everyone from buying from him, I'll probably keep it this way till I buy a swivel.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have a 47 blower and use a 6 jet Mach 15. It used to be setup for 6 flow but Waldo talked me into going to 9. I would have like to have gotten a high shear kit from Joe B. and went to a 5 or 4 jet. But now that he's banned everyone from buying from him, I'll probably keep it this way till I buy a swivel.
Good old crazy J, blames everyone for attacking his business. Yet fires half his own clients.

PRICELESS.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Seeing how the 12, 16 and 24 flow fad is over, what have you old timers who were here for the Greenie Revolution, settled on flow wise?

Sure 12 and above let you move the wand faster and flush deeper without as much need of agitation, but at what price?

Less heat unless you bought a monstermount
Wet backings, slower dry times..

Has "8" taken over as the best compromise for the Saiger&Sutleys?

My new Dev 14" (and SS Zipper) has affected my water planning. That 120 gallons of fresh water just doesn't last as long now. Gotta figure on how to carry about 50 gallons more so I can wrap up a couple or 3 rentals with out needing a fill up. I believe the Dev 14" is 8 flow? Not sure on the SS Zipper, it uses more solution, but cleans usually on a single pass.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Lower flow higher Impact. Duh. Faster dry better heat retention. Good grief you guys need to simply THINK. Not over think.

Reactions: Rob Grady

steve_64

I've been switching wands from one van to the other a white magic to a butler. At the same psi the same wand seems completely different. Different impact different sound and seams to use less water with the butler..in general I am going through less water with the butler at the same psi.
I turned the pressure down today but still seam to have more impact but I know it's not flushing as well. Seams like a completely different tool now.
I think I like the flushing better than higher impact.

steve_64

Seems

Steve do an open qc timed bucket test to confirm flow comparisons between the trucks.
Im really not that interested to know. Both vans hold 100 gallons and I've put the tools from the WM in the butler because the WM has been down. I've been cleaning the same apartments I always do and I'm using a lot less water.
My courtesy hose on the WM fills a mop bucket more than twice as fast as the butler too. Doesn't matter what pressure its set at.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
higher impact isn't always better. What are those lines in the carpet called if the pressure is too high on the lower flow wands?

Mikey is only happy with 6flow because his 370 wouldn't be able to hold the heat if it was any higher.

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom