High Flow wands, more water or just faster?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There is real value in a guy (or gal for the libs) working a system to find that BALANCE that has been mentioned several times already.

It starts at the truck. What is YOUR truck capable of?

Are you willing and able to agitate?

What is your regional climate like? #drytimesmatter

How clean are your filters??!!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Ive been tinkering with a 3 flow single jet short head wand with the pump set at 400 psi - carpets are cleaning up mint with awesome dry times using a 3006 Tuthill on a 60 gallon waste tank with apo !! But Im thinking its constricting the heat flow. My heat exchanger will dump back into the fresh tank ... and when its hot outside - my fresh water tank gets too hot .. to the point where Ill allow the solution line to flow into the vac hose while moving furniture and tabbing.

Im going to try 4 flow single jet then move up to 5 if avail then 6.

I move the wand pretty slow and most of the times with 2 passes (sometimes a 3rd in front of chairs, sofa strip and entry ways) I do the extra passes to see if I can get them cleaner. Higher flow may be able to get them cleaner faster but with a 36 blower I need fast dry times. If Im on a job near 2hrs or more, the first area I do is dry using my fan (with how I clean and post vac).

Reactions: Willy P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That sounds like awesome drying time. If both you and your clients are happy with it, that's what really counts.

You may want to experiment with a higher flow. See if it works better for you efficiency wise and if there are any improvements in flushing, less passes or time saving.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
You almost wanna give em a dryer carpet vs a deeper clean. Customers will remember how wet you may have left their carpet but wont think anything about how deep you cleaned it !! What they can see is what they like and remember the most. Now if I hired a carpet cleaner to clean my carpet, Im going to be looking for a deep cleaning. Then I want them to be dry fast.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You can probably go with a 6 flow without worrying about dry times. Keep doing your dry passes the you are doing it. Instead of a single jet, maybe go with a 2 jet wand. Even something as simple as a aw29 will work awesome. A better wand with a glide will give you better performance. Look at pmf wands. An s bend will be a little more versatile. The 36 blower is small but is capable of 270 cfm at 14 inches hg. Just make sure your seals are tight and the vac relief valve is bleeding away cfm. Check at your truck with your hand over the vac hose and see if it pops off at 14 inches. If not, adjust it until it does. You will give your customers a deeper clean with about the same drying times.

Name
Nate W.
You can probably go with a 6 flow without worrying about dry times. Keep doing your dry passes the you are doing it. Instead of a single jet, maybe go with a 2 jet wand. Even something as simple as a aw29 will work awesome. A better wand with a glide will give you better performance. Look at pmf wands. An s bend will be a little more versatile. The 36 blower is small but is capable of 270 cfm at 14 inches hg. Just make sure your seals are tight and the vac relief valve is bleeding away cfm. Check at your truck with your hand over the vac hose and see if it pops off at 14 inches. If not, adjust it until it does. You will give your customers a deeper clean with about the same drying times.

Anyone who would recommend an aw29 wand should be taken out back..........and those who use a 1jet wand also..... @Ron K

That wand is a POS... I have about 10-12wands in the graveyard... Give me my PCTI or give me death... I rather use a RE over a wand anyday...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was just using a pcti today at one of my suppliers cad. I don't like it. Too big and heavy, yes it cleans well with an Everest but it will kill your back if you had to use it every day. The aw29 in not great but better than a hydrahoe anyday. A nice twin jet from pmf will work nicely on a small machine. I have 4 jet westpack with 2inch tubes that I can't stand also. give me lightweight and maybe a little adjustability and I am happy

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
The common sense pieces are all here in this post. You just have to be willing to take a little time getting yours dialed in and knowing your tools. Each tool in your truck may work better or worse at different flows.

Name
Nate W.
I was just using a pcti today at one of my suppliers cad. I don't like it. Too big and heavy, yes it cleans well with an Everest but it will kill your back if you had to use it every day. The aw29 in not great but better than a hydrahoe anyday. A nice twin jet from pmf will work nicely on a small machine. I have 4 jet westpack with 2inch tubes that I can't stand also. give me lightweight and maybe a little adjustability and I am happy

I hate all wands honestly.. I'll use my PCTI if it's lightly soiled.. The AW29 is too short for me..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I hate all wands honestly.. I'll use my PCTI if it's lightly soiled.. The AW29 is too short for me..
My opinion is, if you need a 6jet wand, you haven't seen the light yet. There should be no need for 6 jets on any wand. I'm starting to think more and more about how much better the 4jet manifold sprays so much better on my little prochem quad than my 5jet mach15.

I figured that the fewer jets you can get on a wand, the better the carpet fibers will look. People get so paranoid about "losing heat" when their jets are only 1/2inch further away from the carpet, it's stupid.

Mikey P

Administrator
Heres the real deal..

Balance in a HWE system allows for equal results earned by any unit that sprays and extracts.
And the simolevmath.dictates that the bigger the blower, the hotter the water and the more flow you use, the faster you can provide the same result.

And lordy do we fly with our big trucks.

Tom is going to flip out next week....

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I started out using single jets in the past .. moved up to dual then had quad at one time. Im a bigger fan of the single. I love my single jet short head and light weight. Just gonna try out a bigger jet to find the perfect match. I notice the dual jets create heavier water flow in the middle where the 2 fan sprays overlap.

Ive used the ..
Evolution (for sale)
AW29
Hydra Hoe (for sale - used a few times - still looks new .. not a ding on the sticker)
ProChem Quad - glided
Mytee
Generic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom