High Flow wands, more water or just faster?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Im really not that interested to know. Both vans hold 100 gallons and I've put the tools from the WM in the butler because the WM has been down. I've been cleaning the same apartments I always do and I'm using a lot less water.
My courtesy hose on the WM fills a mop bucket more than twice as fast as the butler too. Doesn't matter what pressure its set at.
If a pump is capable of only 3gpm that is what it will do with an open line, its flow limit.

Likewise a 5gpm pump with an open line.

With equal jetting the only way to increase flow is to raise pressure...until you reach the flow limit of each pump. You can cheat that by turning the pump faster via pulley sizes

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

The butler has a pressure regulator of some sort before the pump the WM doesn't so it's restricted. I can still run the same psi but the flow isn't the same between machines.

Reactions: hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
The butler has a pressure regulator of some sort before the pump the WM doesn't so it's restricted. I can still run the same psi but the flow isn't the same between machines.
I suspect I have a regulator prior to the heat exchangers or the pump on my Cleancos. No matter how high I turn the pressure up, I can’t get more than about 800 psi out the working end!

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

Likely a lower gpm capacity pump.
It's inline near the water hookup. Suppose to help regulate incoming water pressure I was told. But I haven't checked pump sizes.
The WM is gravity fed from the fresh water tank.
I don't run a hose when I use the butler but the water goes through that regulator anyway. Suppose to protect the pump I believe.

steve_64

I have 100 gallon fresh in the butler but a 210 waste tank. But I will probably never use it hooked up to a garden hose that way. I would like to get a 100 gallon waste tank and get a different hose reel for the vac.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The water inlet pressure regulator protects against extreme inlet pressure that would overpressure the fresh tank float or pump low side seals.

This regulator should allow full flow up to perhaps 35-45 psi. If working correctly it will NOT reduce pump volume or pressure.

Reactions: steve_64

Mikey P

Administrator
in the end, just like with truckmounts and pre-spray, you have to have (just) enough of a mental thought capacity to be able to tweak your system and approach to your local climate conditions.
If I had a 6.8 blower here in NV I could get away with using 12 flow and still get incredible dry times but the chances for things to get too wet are greatly increased. You can't control DYS and hack residues and often they go unnoticed as as old stiff bastards don't bend over as much as we should to inspect.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
, just like with truckmounts and pre-spray, you have to have (just) enough of a mental thought capacity to be able to.....

just like with truckmounts and pre-spray, you have to have (just) enough of a mental thought capacity to be able to.....
...pour water out of a boot without being spoon fed

'cept 82.3779% can't

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom