Has anyone ever cleaned the entrances at a Walmart?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'll be doing it next week. The carpet is 10years old and has never been cleaned.

What would your process be?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
0623161507.jpg
I measured 1600sq. ft of this

Last edited by a moderator:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I'll be doing it next week. The carpet is 10years old and has never been cleaned.

What would your process be?

Simple. You could just pattern your business after theirs...
Hire some illegal immigrants. Pay them next to nothing. Arrange welfare benefits to further compensate them. Then lock them in the store until it's cleaned.

Do whatever you want. I'm sure the carpet will turn out just fine - considering they haven't bothered to clean it in 10 years. ;)

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Those are pretty tough to do actually...well to get clean after so much abuse....

We run into the Salt staining and remaining salt problems if we ever get a call to clean one...and after pricing and talking with them, they eventually get someone cheaper....have them attempt (and that company loose their shorts on the deal) then end up replacing the carpet in that area....

Then couple years later....repeat of don't get a maintenance program....try to hire someone cheap....they fail (and I would as well) and replace the carpets within two years.

To clean this is going to take quite a bit of work...and sometimes the sand and soils still get pounded down past the carpet squares and underneath.

It is going to take a lot of prevac (a lot) probably CRB and trays to try to get more soils out....a Zipper SS Super Spinner would give you a great chance, but with a wand, just going to have to take your time, would try to maybe post pad, but speed drying would be a good thing....

But in seriousness, you might not be able to satisfy anyone in this job with them being left too long. I would just do my best with a good cleaner with some PH, and tell them it might not ever get back to looking perfect. (and in your mind know it will not)

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

That was the reason I started this thread. I'm assuming it's gonna be a pain in the ass, and at the end, it's not gonna look much better.

There's some really bad traffic lines in it, and there's about 3 bad spots where something was spilled. The spilled spots aren't my concern. They should come out pretty good. It's the traffic marks that's got me dreading this job

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
But I am gonna do a Post Pad with a white bonnet/green stripes after HWE. I'll use that Hydramaster Encap stuff that I won on here

That won't work... You want to use pads that are absorbing like crazy. To remove moisture...because those green striped bonnets are not really good at picking up anything.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This is where thise old steam valet brushes shine. Back in 1986 here after expo we had to clean part of the stadium. We used a pto unit with a propane heater hooked up to our 14 flow steam valet and just let that big cylindrial brush dig in. Came out like new. They were slower than some of the power tools out there today but they sure did work

Mikey P

Administrator
Just use your 175 and a slightly worn in Brown pad than. Have a small child sit on it for added agitation or just make more passes. Follow up with a 100% cotton OP style pad, terry type not big loops

When, not If, the staff and regulars there see the browned/wicked carpet the next day do you think they'll say... "Yeah that poor Matt, we really should have called him in 3 months and EVERY 3 months since it was installed. We should never had had him attempt to clean this. I feel real bad for him, he tried so hard and takes his business so seriously"

or will Management say " Yeah that Matt guy you see all over the internet?, he fvcked this all up and now we have to replace it before corporate does their tour next week. No way are we going to passes out those business cards he left"..

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
I bet you I could out Zip him.........:stir:

That is a tough one Matty, I'd hit it with the big guns.... Pile lift the crap out of it, vacuum the crap out of it, HWE the crap out of it, Post pad the traffic areas, then Encap the remaining crap....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Naah...that job's gona cost ya....I don't know how hungry you have to be, to get in on a major Walmart traffic area that has never been cleaned.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mikey P

Administrator
I bet you I could out Zip him.........:stir:

That is a tough one Matty, I'd hit it with the big guns.... Pile lift the crap out of it, vacuum the crap out of it, HWE the crap out of it, Post pad the traffic areas, then Encap the remaining crap....

you could do all that and take the risk but why bother? Just encap the hell out of it for the very same visual results.

If they for some reason demand HWE then let it dry overnight and come back and encap all the wicking for twice the costs.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Naah...that job's gona cost ya....I don't know how hungry you have to be, to get in on a major Walmart traffic area that has never been cleaned.
My wife's aunt is one of the managers there, and she was the one to call me and ask me to come do this before management top dogs come in a couple weeks.

I'm not gonna let me my competition come in there and rescue the trashed carpet job.

That's why I'm a professional. If and when the browning shows it ugly face, I'll come back with some acid rinse and bonnet the crap out of it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think this type of carpet is the kind with that rubber in between the backing and the carpet fibers. And if that is true, I'm gonna pre spray heavy olefin or high ph firestorm, pre scrub/green pad, turn up the psi to 650-700 and blow that crap right out with very slow dry passes.

Can you show me @Mikey P what type of cotton OP pad you're describing?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
lol...don't think for a second that an acid rinse will help.

Dude, I'm telling you. Go rent a Cimex from Jon Don. You'll be done in the time it takes to unload all your HWE tools

The time it would take for me to drive to Jondon and get the tool would be way longer than it would take to just HWE it.

DUDE, we clean trashed factory and chinese restaurants. How is that any different than this?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom