Has anyone ever cleaned the entrances at a Walmart?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
who the heck looks at those situations with a critical eye?

Dont embarrass your poor aunty.
That hurts my feelings. I look at each of my jobs with a critical eye. And If I don't think it will look presentable after I'm done, I'll reject the job.

I don't plan on Cimexing it, so I guess the next best thing to do, is HWE first, and Encap after it dries. What would be your steps on encapping the next day. I'm elementary on encapsulation, so dumb the abbreviations down for me.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I don't plan on Cimexing it, so I guess the next best thing to do, is HWE first, and Encap after it dries. What would be your steps on encapping the next day. I'm elementary on encapsulation, so dumb the abbreviations down for me.

Then walk. No, RUN from this job!
That's the best advice you're gonna get.

If you HWE this one, you WILL open a can of worms. I promise.
And if you're that new to encap, you won't be in a good position to bail it out afterward.

Some pains are not worth incurring!

Name
Nate W.
Then walk. No, RUN from this job!
That's the best advice you're gonna get.

If you HWE this one, you WILL open a can of worms. I promise.
And if you're that new to encap, you won't be in a good position to bail it out afterward.

Some pains are not worth incurring!

Don't listen to the nay sayers Matty, I know your going to do it anyways... Give it your best and go from there.... I was once young and didn't like taking advice from them older guys... Them old coots think they know-it-all...:stir:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Run blowers as you work...don't over wet. Find a small area off to the side to try a couple different methods/prespray formulas and dry as you go. The rubber wheels from the shopping carts are going to be a factor so at your citrus powder or what ever you use to the pre-spray. Use a pump sprayer to apply the prespray....mist not soak. Clean stroke and immediate dry stroke... Treat it like a unknown fabric upholstery job at first... in other words, you are going to be working on the top of the carpet...don't saturate it. If after doing a small inconspicuous area and blowing it dry...assuming it came out OK... you may be able to get a little more aggressive...but go slow and dry as you go. Good luck!

Mikey P

Administrator
Matt if you were to cut a square yard of this carpet out and took a pressure washer directly to the front of the carpet at 1500 psi, how long do you think it would take for the water to run clean?

0623161507-jpg.15587.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Matt, you have a powerful machine, take your time and do 3 dry passes for every wet pass. Prevacuum with the most powerful vacuum that you have access to, a pile lifter would be great. Prespray thoroughly and use an extraction detergent in your rinse. Use dryers (flood fans) to speed dry. If you don't leave it too wet, it won't wick on you. Let the managment know that this kind of cleaning is a challenge. Under promise and over deliver.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
We are talking about the entry to a Walmart aren't we? An entry they haven't cleaned in 10 years? Where's the glory in cleaning that one? Seriously?

If this is meant to be an exercise in futility - embrace it. On the other hand, if you're endeavoring to be a profitable businessman, maybe you could expend that energy pursuing more worthwhile business opportunities. I'm just sayin.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
It looks like he's going to do it and so this is going to be an interesting night for him. After all of us telling him what to do and what not to do... don't do it... If it doesn't catch on fire it's going to seem to be a good result for him :-)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Yeah...go for it. Later you'll see the time it would have taken to get the Cimex to run lightly over that carpet with it, would have been less than what you'll spend on it... plus the time you'll be back touching it up a time or two.

Mikey P

Administrator
Matt, you have a powerful machine, take your time and do 3 dry passes for every wet pass. Prevacuum with the most powerful vacuum that you have access to, a pile lifter would be great. Prespray thoroughly and use an extraction detergent in your rinse. Use dryers (flood fans) to speed dry. If you don't leave it too wet, it won't wick on you. Let the managment know that this kind of cleaning is a challenge. Under promise and over deliver.

yeah, ask Saiger how that worked for him in Atlanta

on a much younger, less used entry carpet.

Name
Nate W.
Yeah...go for it. Later you'll see the time it would have taken to get the Cimex to run lightly over that carpet with it, would have been less than what you'll spend on it... plus the time you'll be back touching it up a time or two.

Not unless he shops there too....? I used to frequent Wal-Mart mostly at night... Isn't the carpet kind of ribbed (for her pleasure) in the entryway? I'd be concerned with the suction of your wand or tool you'd be using to clean it...

I do agree with the others on finding better work, or more frequent work (not every 10 years or so).... Bad enough I clean rugs 5, 10, 20, 30 years old.... Who goes that long without washing/cleaning a rug.......!

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I casually mentioned to Wallyworld corporate that while the store floors are impeccable, the bathrooms are a disgrace. Kinda puts me off my pee.

Offered to do a demo and turn their Gadsden floors into operating rooms. They sent back a polite letter saying that the economy is bad and they aren't doing any new flooring contracts.

So, in a burst of empathy I wrote back and commiserated with their difficult period. Even offered to give them a raincheck for when things get better.

Mrs. Coastie says she wishes I "wouldn't keep pulling that crap, one of these days they won't let us back in the store!"

So how did you get that carpet through?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I casually mentioned to Wallyworld corporate that while the store floors are impeccable, the bathrooms are a disgrace. Kinda puts me off my pee.

Offered to do a demo and turn their Gadsden floors into operating rooms. They sent back a polite letter saying that the economy is bad and they aren't doing any new flooring contracts.

So, in a burst of empathy I wrote back and commiserated with their difficult period. Even offered to give them a raincheck for when things get better.

Mrs. Coastie says she wishes I "wouldn't keep pulling that crap, one of these days they won't let us back in the store!"

So how did you get that carpet through?
I kinda understood some of what you just said:dejection:

But on a side note, several of the managers (besides my wife's aunt) I already clean for. So I'm not choosing this job on hopes to get more business with them. If I turn this job down, and my competitor comes in and does it...a chance to lose them as customers will increase, as well as closing the "word of mouth" advertising that they could have done if I did it.

I'm gonna clean this carpet wednesday night, leave several blowers on it when I'm done, check it the next morning and either do a low psi rinse or encap if needed. And if that doesn't work, then I'm gonna make a trip down to jondon and PURCHASE not rent a CIMEX to do it.

This job is going to open my eyes as to what tools will be needed to do a job like this. I will take the slap in the face with a humble attitude, just like I'v taken it in the past on learning new things on other jobs in this business.

And Marty, yes, I will try to record it for you to have something to laugh at. Just bring the damn beer this time and quit bumming off everyone else's!

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I'm shocked that any Walmart hired an outside company to do anything with their carpets. I worked for them for 12 years, 9 in management and they don't budget for that kind of stuff. Half the stores I worked at didn't even vacuum that carpet. Their tile is done by a team of people they hire off the street and every store I worked in put the worst of the worst in floor maintenance. If someone didn't worn out as a stocker, they got to wax floors. I would think anything you could do would be an improvement, Matt. Only thing is, they probably should have had you in a couple days before the visit instead of a couple weeks.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
He has a point about the beer, Marty. And none of that "Lite" swillage, either.

Matt if you ever need a hand (not that I know what I'm doing), just holler.

FFA

Name
FFA
Is the carpet those tight woven poly tile crap that you see at cvs? Looks like a birds nest flattened into a square.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Spray with Flex boosted with Sodium Hydroxide. Agitate.

Extract fooking HOT 360i and brush head with acid. Pad dry. Post encap with ReleasIt Hydrrox. Pad again. Leave air mover.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom