Has anyone ever cleaned the entrances at a Walmart?

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
The time it would take for me to drive to Jondon and get the tool would be way longer than it would take to just HWE it.

DUDE, we clean trashed factory and chinese restaurants. How is that any different than this?
just wear your favorite jeans for 10 years then throw them in the washer after 10 years of abuse, they can not clean a carpet for 10 years and even think that it will look somewhat decent after cleaning.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I would CRB it like crazy, vacuum the crap out of it, spray it with a good high PH prespray and agitate with a brush head, then extract with a Zipper and speed dry it. Then CRB it again and pad cap it.
But first I would let them know that it's not going to look new...that it will likely take more than one or two cleanings...kinda like peeling layers off an onion. If they are not willing to pay me to clean it a few times to restore it then I wouldn't do it. It's likely ruined already. Don't take ownership of their screw up.
Make sure their expectations are the same as yours!

Mikey P

Administrator
Kellie hit on a very important point.

Positively tell them how this will play out and after your first round of cleaning the area, there is a 98% chance of wicking (watch their eyes when you explain what that means, if they look over your shoulder or cut you off mid sentence, plan on explaining it again after it happens and they are now under pressure from above, they'll pay attention this time) and you'll need a second visit to finish the peeling of the onion as Kellie so perfectly put it.

Let them know before you show up that you'll need two visit.

If you luck out and don't, than you're the hero

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The first reply i gave them was a question. "What are you expecting from my cleaning?" Then we focused on the drink spills and fresh spots that they wanted removed. They are expecting the heavy traffic to stay there.

I'll go and take a pic of the other side to show u the spills that they want gone

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
From my research on cimex...it's not made to restore carpet. It's purpose is to maintain it. As for an op...you're correct, i don't know enough about it to get one

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Here's the trashed side

Attachments

• 0626161104a.jpg
    0626161104a.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 0626161104.jpg
    0626161104.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 190

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Incorrect, it's used as part/day two of a true restoration process.

Day one, dry and wet flushing of the carpet.

Day two, polishing of the dry carpet.
I agree fully. That's why I was planning on getting some absorbent pads for my 175 if the HWE didn't do the job.

But I've been told several times on this thread to ditch the HWE and go buy a cimdx by itself. That's why I made the point of it not being made for restoration by itself

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, I'm not trying to be insulting here but if you have done much commercial, one, you wouldn't have started this thread and two, you'd already own a Cimex or OP unit by now..
I've done a high number of commercial jobs. My inexperience is on maintaining it...or selling the maintenance plan. The only calls I get on commercial is about once every 1 1/2 years to 2 years, when it's heavily soiled. I try and try to advise my customers to do it more periodically and I never get a bite. The only commercial I do several times is a restaurant every 2months. All the other office complexes and factories is that long time span.

So to answer your post, that's why I never invested in a cimdx or got a box of OP pads. It was always too far gone and needed flushed out. And yes, I follow up a day and week later to check on any wicking.

I know I'm new here, but I'm very knowledgeable on HWE commercial the right way. Yes it's very inneficiant to fully depend on HWE, but the one thing that always causes wicking and browning is moving that wand too fast and not doing enough dry passes.

Sorry for jibberjabbering on it, I just felt it was needed to explain the reason for my process that I plan on doing this wednesday

Mikey P

Administrator
Most commercial client either dont have the time or the funds for the two step restoration process

So they chose to skip the wash and go straight to the wax job..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
But yes, I'm still prepared to purchase a cimex if I don't like my results.

I had such good results with a red pad on pre scrubbing a factory carpet a couple weeks ago, that I'm gonna bump it up to a green pad prescrubbing this wednesday at walmart.

I have a brush also, if I don't like the green pad

I'll be prevaccing with my Royal about an hour before I start so I'll show up around 8pm before I crank up the tm at 9

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Most commercial client either dont have the time or the funds for the two step restoration process

So they chose to skip the wash and go straight to the wax job..
I wonder why they never include maintaining their floors in their yearly budget

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Matt most are just giving their wisdom from scenarios we have encountered that fit closely to yours.

If you get as much dry soil out as possible, hit it a flex type product, flush and dry pass several times, followed by a good encapsulate and quick dry, you should be ok.

Worse that could happen is that you would need to encapsulate one more time the day after.

This ain't rocket science, we are just janitors with gasoline motors.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Over thinking this. Just prespray and rinse. No promise of any kind on removing the gum. 1/2 an hour with long strokes. No vacuuming..........no post bonnet.......no fans...........no cimex BS.

Jeez what a bunch of idiots!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom