Do you vapor steam

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
great for showers! especially soap scummed corners and crevices. Also when your going to replace caulking after a cleaning there is less moisture to deal with.

also for us we can only dual wand with 2 trucks and a lot of our jobs are multiple showers plus carpets and upholstery.. its nice to be able to knock out a shower or some upholstery without putting the rest of the job on hold.

Reactions: Bob Savage

dekeil

Name
DOUG
Been using vapor steam for years
I agree to slow for big things
But for grout cleaning it fast
Use your brushes and long handle
Prespray using your grout cleaner
Vapor steam works very good and fast

Use vapor steam on upholstery
Again use the long handle extention
With microfiber on the end of triangle attachment
This work great for you oils and soils removal
Oh don't for get to use your favorite prespray

Vapor steam works great for cleanup on your CRB or other equipment.

Works very well for detailing vehicles
Especial good for leather seating leaves it clean and soft.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
pro duo 6 is a really good unit under $1000. @Mikey P what unit did you try? some only reach truckmount temps which makes them pretty useless if you already have a nice TM. Its the 330+ degrees units with continuous fill that are worthwhile.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I borrowed a friends unit to clean walls and ceiling in a trashed rental during my quiet season

was well impressed for cutting nicotine and fly dirt off... not that I'm in a hurry to do another lol

Reactions: Cleanworks

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Bjorn, How does that unit you speak of work on natural stone shower floors with the soap scum/ foot oil soil circles.

Does it have enough "flow" to rinse the contamination to the drain, or do you have to wipe it with towel?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Bjorn, How does that unit you speak of work on natural stone shower floors with the soap scum/ foot oil soil circles.

Does it have enough "flow" to rinse the contamination to the drain, or do you have to wipe it with towel?

It will clean.

AB5519E4-2877-4A63-AA2E-3E7983A6D59F.jpeg 21B552F2-99DD-44B6-9025-B0DFDE64C889.jpeg 4D3021D6-CB5D-4745-884D-291C27BA636C.jpeg

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall

at those temps most everything is vaporized.. but keep a shop vac and towels close by. Some showers TM is better but we do a lot that are just needing a good steam clean, so not occupying the TM and slowing the whole job down is pretty profitable.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Way to slow, takes up too much room in the truck and the time needed to generate another batch of steam between cleanings is ridiculously slow and far too often
doesnt sound like the best unit tbh. Heres a great one. Very compact and continuous fill, heats up quick.

that thing will blaze through a scummy shower real fast, 9 minutes to heat up so you just start it while your bringing in the rest of your gear

Reactions: hogjowl

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Stephen, that’s the classic soil circle... was that straight steam or chems then steam? Awesome pics...

Vaporize? As into the air I am breathing?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Way to slow

Kind of what I suspected
having used "real" industrial steam cleaners at the BigHouse UAW shop, I know what 300+ degrees can melt away.
No doubt in my mind what steam can do

But on the "portable" scale (I've only seen demo'd never used in real world) you can only clean a sq in at a time ..and not all that fast

chems, dwell and scrub would be astronomically faster...I'd "presume"

where' they'd kickazz methinks, are the harder to reach corners, crevices, nooks and crannies that hold crud .....would seem to make those hard to reach spots effortless ...

worth the set-up time and carrying in the van????
Donno...it's an "individual" thing
all things being equal quality wise, there are two reasons to buy/carry gear.
Makes the job easier
Makes the job faster

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Acp

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Stephen, that’s the classic soil circle... was that straight steam or chems then steam? Awesome pics...

Vaporize? As into the air I am breathing?

My machine can inject cleaner into the stream, so most likely I had some dilution of Viper Venom. Mostly, it is the vapor which disrupts the soil at about 90psi without the high pressure of a Gecko or spinner. Vapor also sears the surface, making regrowth of mildew a bit less likely (as subsurface porosity is penetrated). Nothing is perfect.
Where it really excells is in the cramped or otherwise inaccessible spots.
For some reason FB won’t allow me to copy a link, but if you find “Act One Cleaning” www.facebook.com/actonecleaning you can see several videos of vapor steam in action.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
in a really horrible shower I would rather TM and be able to vac away all the crud, but nice homes with decent maintenance its a quick deal. Gets around fixtures really well, tight built in shelves other tools cant get in. A lot of times you can knock out a shower by the time other guy is done setting up and pre spraying carpets

its a good tool to have but not worth it if you dont do many showers or you mainly just do tile floors

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like the idea of the dupray Carmen inox. Need the 220 volt model and buy the splitter that lets you run on 2 110 volt circuits.

Reactions: Acp

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Steambrite will make you an adapter that allows you to plug a 220-240 volt machine into 2 separate 110-120 volt outlets. Has a circuit indicator to let you know that you are on separate circuits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom